Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2979 views

Do "random item" formulas worth while you are still gearing up your character?

No data yet

Description

Hi

About the "random item" formulas like:

- "random magic item" (3
Perfect Gems
+ magic item | mainly used for charms)
- "random rare item" (6
Perfect Skull
+ rare item | mainly used rare
Diadem
)
- crafted items (mainly used for
Caster Amulet
, and
Blood Ring
)
- and even the socket formulas (when you want a number of socket with a low chance - 1/6)

Do worth to spend material on those formulas while you are still gearing up yor character? (ie. while your still need some "average rolled" set, unique, runeword, rare for your build)

On those situations, seems to me that you will have better results using those material to trade for itens (trade gems and low/mid runes for high runes and high runes for itens) than trying to create a "nearly perfect" magic/rare/crafted item (which will require a LOT of tries...)

Seems to me that those formulas just start to worth, when you are already well geared up, and is trying to upgrade "good slots" for "nearly perfect" ones.

I personally, start to do that a while ago (stopped trying to create "random items" and focus on trades), and the felling is that I upgrade my itens with a way higher frequency now 🙂

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

About the "random item" formulas like:

- "random magic item" (3
Perfect Gems
+ magic item | mainly used for charms)
- "random rare item" (6
Perfect Skull
+ rare item | mainly used rare
Diadem
)
- crafted items (mainly used for
Caster Amulet
, and
Blood Ring
)
- and even the socket formulas (when you want a number of socket with a low chance - 1/6)

Do worth to spend material on those formulas while you are still gearing up yor character? (ie. while your still need some "average rolled" set, unique, runeword, rare for your build)

On those situations, seems to me that you will have better results using those material to trade for itens (trade gems and low/mid runes for high runes and high runes for itens) than trying to create a "nearly perfect" magic/rare/crafted item (which will require a LOT of tries...)

Seems to me that those formulas just start to worth, when you are already well geared up, and is trying to upgrade "good slots" for "nearly perfect" ones.

I personally, start to do that a while ago (stopped trying to create "random items" and focus on trades), and the felling is that I upgrade my itens with a way higher frequency now 🙂

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
These formulas are generally reserved to be used on Charms and Diadems

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
In theory yes but not really actually... Why? Because you can just find as good (if not better) items from drops. Plus on top of that some classes and builds don't even need to bother with any of those stuff (they can almost run 'naked').

Also some builds like Fire Sorc or Paladin or idk Necro, you can just find 4os sword, make a quick Spirit (most of runes you get for free from freeing Barbs quest in Act 5) and you are basically set almost for the rest of your journey or for example you go and shop a 2os
Wand
with some skills you gonna use with Necro and make super cheap and reachable White for example. Or you go and buy/find 4os bow and you make an Insight (you practically only need to find 1x
Sol
) in it and you are set for complete normal and nightmare. Or a 3os one and you put an Edge which will be better for you than any other magic item you can craft/roll. Leaf is super cheap runeword for Fire oriented character. Even something like double Strength for Barb... Lore is also very acquirable and useful for everyone (if you are doing SSF always), Treachery, Duress, Myth, Peace, Rhyme. Stealth which most casters can use throughout the whole game and be fine with it! :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
My question is thinking more on the end game (or at least after you have finished Hell ;-))

Think in something like:

Suppose that as my "desired end setup" I want a Heart of the Oak, "perfect"
Caster Amulet
, "perfect"
Diadem
, and another 2 specific unique/set that I don't have yet.

Seems to me that will be more efficient/rewarding, first use materials that I find to trade for the Heart of the Oak and the set/unique that are missing and maybe even a intermediary Head/Amulet (like a
Shako
or Mara) before starting to use all that material to cube things in the hope of getting something that maybe will be useful... (as the chance of getting something good is very low...)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Worth is subjective and depending on the formula, some are worth while to do at certain levels vs the items internal level.

For example and I'm not 100% on this so take it as you will. AFAIK rerolling Charms/Jewels with the 3
Perfect Gems
uses a different level calculation for rolling, than crafted blood/caster/etc gear.

So to explain AFAIK you can reroll a
Baal
hell GC that you acquired on a lvl 1 w/o punishment, now I could be wrong.

The other is crafted gear, where the level of the character DOES matter. So to make this gear at 70 for example, even when ur in Hell, is still not going to be able to give you the best possible rolls that say 95+ can.

I'm unsure of rare item rerolling I've actually never talked to someone who did this, only the other 2.

Now if your question is "For trade value is it worth rerolling/crafting gear at a lvl before 95+?" Then it's a different story, once again AFAIK character level doesn't matter for enrolling charms, the internal level of the item is whats used for the calculation. If that's the case then "worth" is subjective, a friend of mine in D2:LoD ran
Baal
until he got a GC and then used over 500 PGems rerolling and to him he only got 1 valuable GC so he concluded it wasn't worth it to him. (IIRC it was a java with 40+ HP, he seen a lot of +1's just not good secondaries.)
Now for crafted gear you can pull some nice stuff before the recommended levels for crafting, but it sucks when u pull a GG glove that could have been much better had you been higher level.

There's some Insight, as someone who prefers to trade PGems for raw value over rerolling it's subjective. If you like sitting there rerolling GC's for hours I'm sure with enough starter Wealth it makes you a lot more in the long run. But is sitting around rerolling stuff fun to you? or is not farming and getting gear fun? idk questions you might need to think about.

I guess lastly I'll answer the title "Do "random item" formulas worth while you are still gearing up your character?" Yes, if I'm interpreting this correctly, some of the best items you can get are crafted pieces, these tend to be gloves and ammy in most cases, but can be belts and the others, while belts are a little more common from my experience.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Some recipes are made for early game, typically this one to equipe your a2 merc in normal :
recipes/recipe-savage-polearm-class-weapon-t3317.html

But later than that (typically early-mid hell) as when you do a fresh start you don't have much, it depends on your luck.

If by chance you hit a lucky craft when at the right level, it can give you lots of value that can help you gear out really quick.

On the other side, selling your gems and crafting runes provides an amount of Ists that can be used however you want.

Then, it depends on what your preference : gambling on a lucky hit, or slowly amassing to get what you want with more certainty.

On my side, with my prudent and "don't count on luck" nature, I chose #2, especially now with the value of pgems/craft runes quite high. But there are successfully lucky players that will tell you their way worked for them. Really a matter of what you feel your playstyle for gearing is.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...