Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   2863 views

Description

Hey!

When a monster is immune to an element, any 'minus res' gear or spell works at 1/5th its nominal value. So let's say i have -100% resistance for fire or cold damage: for immunes, it will be equivalent to only -20%.

I'm wondering if Facets works as this. That -5%, -4% res will be reduced by 1/5 when the monster is immune as well?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey!

When a monster is immune to an element, any 'minus res' gear or spell works at 1/5th its nominal value. So let's say i have -100% resistance for fire or cold damage: for immunes, it will be equivalent to only -20%.

I'm wondering if Facets works as this. That -5%, -4% res will be reduced by 1/5 when the monster is immune as well?
"Items with -xx% Enemy Resistance (i.e. Rainbow Facet) only applies to monsters which are not Immune, or whose Immunity is considered broken by other sources"

https://maxroll.gg/d2/resources/immunities

They apply AFTER the immunity is broken, at normal efficiency (I think I'm not wrong, but I'll try to find a source and put it here when I find it).
Itt applies to facet and gear. 1/5 efficiency is only for spells which can break immunities.
As I understand, the 1/5th effectiveness is only for
Cold Mastery
Conviction
and
Lower Resist
. A facet works 100% of its minus res on sundered enemies.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
More specifically:

1) When not using a sunder, the 1/5th rule applies to anything that can theoretically break immunities (amp dmg, lower res,
Conviction
, decrep). It does NOT apply to any gear or other abilities. So if you have an immunity breaker that can remove the immunity (while working at 1/5th), any -res reduction you get from gear like facets afterward will work at full effect.

2) When using a sunder to break the initial immunity, the 1/5th rule still applies to non-physical immunity breakers (lower res,
Conviction
), no longer applies to amp dmg or decrep but instead now also applies to
Cold Mastery
, despite it not being an immunity breaker. Any gear and other abilities will still work at full effect and are not subject to the 1/5th rule.

So either way, your facets will work at full effect but as always will only reduce resistances on mobs that are not immune or had their immunity broken by other means. Facets alone will never break an immunity.
OP
Nice! Thanks! So just sunder the monster and you're good to go ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...