Description

Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

M1ck 331

Europe PC
Rik wrote: 4 months ago
Thanks for the update. I’d really like to make
Iron Golem
work but I’m discouraged if he’s dying that quick to physical damage. I think Exile or Obsession would probably provide the best balance of durable/helpful items to use but both would only provide defensive perks to the barb which are nice but not nearly as spicy as a Faith, Pride or my Christmas wish, a Brand golem. Reapers and Lawbringer are potentially good cheap alternatives but I heard the
Iron Golem
attacks painfully slow, meaning the decrep proc is unlikely to provide much. But the
Sanctuary Aura
would have at least kept him alive against lord de sais ;)

If you get a future Beast and do more testing, you might try a
Holy Freeze
merc, granted you’re sacrificing 200 ed but the bonus from the
Iron Golem
could offset that. Another thing, this may be outdated info, but I watched a vid in which a creature remained summoned while the item providing it was in the weapon swap. This could open up your ammy to use highlords if you put Oath on the swap. Highlords is a huge boost to damage and is the only way to max deadly strike.

I’ll do my own testing but, I’ll need some more practice, confidence in the survivability or Wealth before I make him out of any runewords using anything higher than
Lem

This was a fun post, plz keep us posted, specifically on
Iron Golem
testing :D
Summon Necro players sometimes use
Iron Golem
for Insight (cheap to replace) and then have the merc carry Infinity, sort of best of both worlds. But as I mentioned above, it's useless without maxed
Golem Mastery
, even then it can die on rare occasions (although not nearly as often). For reference I have level 42 mastery on Necro character. Don't put anything expensive in it, I'm just trying to save your runes.

Rik 132

Americas PC
M1ck wrote: 4 months ago
Rik wrote: 4 months ago
Thanks for the update. I’d really like to make
Iron Golem
work but I’m discouraged if he’s dying that quick to physical damage. I think Exile or Obsession would probably provide the best balance of durable/helpful items to use but both would only provide defensive perks to the barb which are nice but not nearly as spicy as a Faith, Pride or my Christmas wish, a Brand golem. Reapers and Lawbringer are potentially good cheap alternatives but I heard the
Iron Golem
attacks painfully slow, meaning the decrep proc is unlikely to provide much. But the
Sanctuary Aura
would have at least kept him alive against lord de sais ;)

If you get a future Beast and do more testing, you might try a
Holy Freeze
merc, granted you’re sacrificing 200 ed but the bonus from the
Iron Golem
could offset that. Another thing, this may be outdated info, but I watched a vid in which a creature remained summoned while the item providing it was in the weapon swap. This could open up your ammy to use highlords if you put Oath on the swap. Highlords is a huge boost to damage and is the only way to max deadly strike.

I’ll do my own testing but, I’ll need some more practice, confidence in the survivability or Wealth before I make him out of any runewords using anything higher than
Lem

This was a fun post, plz keep us posted, specifically on
Iron Golem
testing :D
Summon Necro players sometimes use
Iron Golem
for Insight (cheap to replace) and then have the merc carry Infinity, sort of best of both worlds. But as I mentioned above, it's useless without maxed
Golem Mastery
, even then it can die on rare occasions (although not nearly as often). For reference I have level 42 mastery on Necro character. Don't put anything expensive in it, I'm just trying to save your runes.

Thanks for the tip, I probably would have blown them anyway bc fools learn by no other but I just realized you can’t use bows and I’ve lost all enthusiasm 😐
OP
Yea one of my builds - the renegade Arbalist - self wields a Faith
Crossbow
, uses a might merc and has an
Iron Golem
made from Pride. The IG is a central pillar of the build and so IG,
Golem Mastery
and
Blood Golem
are maxed, and that set-up actually works pretty good

Advertisment

Hide ads