diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   5435 views

Description

Hi

I have a L91 Lightning Sorceress (~1.7K life with
Battle Orders
up)
I can farm all hell areas with no problem (even Terrorized and in players 3-4), except when I try Durance of Hate...
In there, I have to play with "double attention" and very carefully... one single Stygian Doll explosion leave me at almost no life!!!
If two explode in a short time or I'm not at full life I end up dying...

I'm accepting any tips to survide/
Evade
those pesky monsters on the way to
Mephisto

I try to keep distance and let my Merc handle them, but sometimes they take me by surprise or my your merc kill one close to me or I kill one by mistake or as "colateral damage" (when targeting another monster...)

It is an area that I don't even like to
Teleport
(more than once I endupclose to a group and was killed, probably by the explosion of one killed by my merc...)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

Battle Orders
up)
I can farm all hell areas with no problem (even Terrorized and in players 3-4), except when I try Durance of Hate...
In there, I have to play with "double attention" and very carefully... one single Stygian Doll explosion leave me at almost no life!!!

Evade
Mephisto

I try to keep distance and let my Merc handle them, but sometimes they take me by surprise or my your merc kill one close to me or I kill one by mistake or as "colateral damage" (when targeting another monster...)

Teleport
(more than once I endupclose to a group and was killed, probably by the explosion of one killed by my merc...)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

atari 453

Europe XLinux
Since the damage is physical items with physical damage reduced like
Stormshield
are useful. Also to avoid their explosion while teleporting it may be good to remove your merc's weapon.

If you can get your FCR to the 105% breakpoint, you can
Teleport
faster than their attacks or explosions.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
Typical tactic in doll-infested area is to carry a
Stormshield
instead of your usual Spirit or Phoenix.
Always keep your CtA prebuff active, and
Energy Shield
, if you have it.
Never
Teleport
around blindly.
Also - if you are cursed, either wait for amplify to wear off, or just quickly tele to town and remove it. Amplify is the biggest danger with dolls.
Stygian Dolls deal little damage. You just don't want to kill them when they are closed because of their explosion.
They are scary because they will run into you in no time to be killed (by you or your merc) then kill you with their explosion.

As HC player, max block and 50% damage reduction are mandatory.
For me, I swap to A5 merc to get
Sanctuary Aura
that will knockback Stygian Doll and yes don't blind tele on top of them!
To get the aura, my merc uses CS Lawbringer over
Azurewrath
because it has less damage and has ctc
Decrepify
that helps a bit for survivability.

Relax and have fun!
Might not be the solution you’re looking for, but i just avoid those areas all together. If i want to kill
Mephisto
i tele straight to the lower level.

Same same with the world Stone keep, i pretty much stay clear of those areas (world Stone keep also has those gloams, so it’s a hard pass for me)
I went with maxed out
Energy Shield
build on my
Nova
sorc and have ~2.6k mana. Can
Teleport
into a group of dolls and kill them without too much risk once you get a large enough mana pool. Still wouldn't want to take on more than 5 or so at a time, and would try to split them up a little first if possible.

Also can help to be walking, rather than running. Whatever little defense you have from
Frozen Armor
may help. Jm2c

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
Nate2.0 wrote: 4 months ago
Might not be the solution you’re looking for, but i just avoid those areas all together. If i want to kill
Mephisto
i tele straight to the lower level.

Same same with the world Stone keep, i pretty much stay clear of those areas (world Stone keep also has those gloams, so it’s a hard pass for me)
Normally I avoid there, but I want to be able to do it sometimes (when it is Terrorized)

OP
Gloams are a pain in the ass too.. but more manageable if you keep movind and shoting.

I used to avoid them before, but after some upgrades, and a litle change in playstyle when they spawn on the level, I can handle them now.

OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 4 months ago
Stygian Dolls deal little damage. You just don't want to kill them when they are closed because of their explosion.
They are scary because they will run into you in no time to be killed (by you or your merc) then kill you with their explosion.

As HC player, max block and 50% damage reduction are mandatory.
For me, I swap to A5 merc to get
Sanctuary Aura
that will knockback Stygian Doll and yes don't blind tele on top of them!
To get the aura, my merc uses CS Lawbringer over
Azurewrath
because it has less damage and has ctc
Decrepify
that helps a bit for survivability.
Lawbringer is a great ideia 👍
but not very pratical if your default Merc is Act 2 and you are farming other areas too (my case) 😓😓

atari wrote: 4 months ago
Since the damage is physical items with physical damage reduced like
Stormshield
are useful. Also to avoid their explosion while teleporting it may be good to remove your merc's weapon.
Great suggestion, I'll add that you can always make a normal 4os polearm Insight that doesn't risk your merc one-shotting them. There's a lot of good suggestions from people on here, like even
Energy Shield
and even if you don't want to invest points you can prebuff with like a staff or orb w/o having to hard invest 4 points. Memory staff comes to mind, I believe you can shop a normal Act II
Battle Staff
with 3
Energy Shield
that can/will, if using larz, with 4os. I state this because battle staffs always max a 4 socket no matter the ilvl.
A freeze aura is a blessing and a curse if you tell as it's going off it "wakes" the mobs up and even if they're slower attack speed can still hit quick enough at times. It was the meta, if not still is, for Act II merc auras. I tend to use
Prayer
with Insight since they synergise and more recently using Cure alongside it for reducing curses and poison along with synergizing with
Prayer
again allowing you very good HP recovery through a Merc. Lastly I'll touch on curses, like someone had mentioned, amp for instance can be pretty deadly so it's worth watching for and avoiding fighting some mobs while it's active Dolls, gloams, lancers, vipers, etc. The list goes on when it comes to respecting enemies and various effects on your character.

Battle Staff
- Pure socket info

Max sockets by iLvl
Max sockets iLvl 1-25: 4
Max sockets iLvl 26-40: 4
Max sockets iLvl 41+: 4

You can find this info under the item data base because some differ, take for example
Gothic Plate
, which is the best, IMO, 4os chest piece you can get before NM/Hell w/o a level requirement and fairly low str req. making it ideal for 4os Ptopaz IMO. It looks like this

Max sockets by iLvl
Max sockets iLvl 1-25: 3
Max sockets iLvl 26-40: 4
Max sockets iLvl 41+: 4

This item's qLvl of 32 is higher than these iLvl ranges. Therefore it'll never spawn within the marked iLvl ranges, unless cubed to iLvl 1.

The relationships between iLvl, qLvl, and aLvl are explained here.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
fredkid wrote: 4 months ago
Hi

Battle Orders
up)

Evade
Mephisto

Teleport
If you go down to the bottom of this page, on the section of similar pages, the Undead Stygian Doll Versus Teleporting Sorceress is talking about similar issues as yours, and check that out, you might find something useful as well.

Shax 18

Europe PC
Use physical damage reduced gear.
Shako
, Enigma/CoH, Verdungos/String,
Stormshield
OP
Shax wrote: 4 months ago
Use physical damage reduced gear.
Shako
, Enigma/CoH, Verdungos/String,
Stormshield
(already using
Shako
😉)

Change your merc's weapon base to normal. I guess he uses Insight, so it's not a big problem to make another one in normal base, so that he doesn't kill dolls with a single hit.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
OP
Morder07 wrote: 4 months ago
Change your merc's weapon base to normal. I guess he uses Insight, so it's not a big problem to make another one in normal base, so that he doesn't kill dolls with a single hit.
Was Insight, change to Infinity recently 😉
A "little" harder to replace by a normal one...
And lose a lot of damage unequip it 😓😓
(Cannot self use my Infinity yet -
Eth
Stygian Pike
)

Subzero Blizzard sorc here, level 92,
Energy Shield
plus 3K mana. It works well however I think these bloody souls are a real danger.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Cube your merc weapon while doing Durance 2, then put it back next to stairs to l3 ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I agree with the posts on running
Energy Shield
, for a lightning based sorceress this is a very economical option as you can get a lot of soft skill adds from your current or future inventory set. Its more of a uphill climb for the other two types. I run a
Nova
sorc (level 97) in HC that's with no block or DR which is very high risk I know, but having the
Energy Shield
Makes it manageable, and she's fairly tanky too even with souls (when not in high quantities). Its worth considering it Basic Mana charms are pretty cheap to trade for and being lightning you have more flexibility with your skill point investments. The Only things you have to watch for with ES Is Blood Mana this is a curse Harpies and
Baal
Can cast which subverts your es, and having decent poison resists as this also subverts your ES.

With the blood mana curse its important to note that it is only cast when your mana pool exceeds your life total, I personally run a 50/50 split between the two (Vit and Energy) and have mana charms to stack the energy end of the equation, this way when I am running areas I know I may encounter blood mana I can stash a few of the charms to adjust the total down and it doesn't get cast so there are ways around it.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
Xanhast70 wrote: 4 months ago
The Only things you have to watch for with ES Is Blood Mana this is a curse Harpies and
Baal
Can cast which subverts your es, and having decent poison resists as this also subverts your ES.

With the blood mana curse its important to note that it is only cast when your mana pool exceeds your life total.
Great info, side note, items like Cure (usually on a merc) or
Death's Hand
for example giving 75% PLR are a few ways to help with poison, along with poison resist doing that also, poison is one of those things that requires knowing about to understand fully... lol kind of like
Smite
. These can help with
Energy Shield
s poison problems or simply carrying antidotes. >.>

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation