Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   2625 views

Offline console gg rare farming - effective yet boring!

No data yet

Description

Well i did it, i decided that while you guys online can trade for whatever gear you want, its time to level the playing field a bit for us offline and console players. Also: we missed out last year when online folk had infinite gambling - that seemed really neato!

I would really like some sweet rares, specifically: circlets, rings, jewels, ect… but what’s a guy to do?

So i started using the airplane mode glitch (basically copies anything moved from your stash to your pack) to get sojs… lots of sojs…

Well it turns out out you only need 18, and 18 P skulls, now using my highest level character (lvl 96
Nova
sorc) and some choice
Terror
zones, i got some rares and decided to find out if the old “high quality rare item of the same type” cube recipe was any good.

If you have 18 p skulls and 18 sojs in your shared stash (even starting with 1 of each it’s only like 10 mins), then it only takes another 2 mins to copy over 18x the recipe constituents when needed.

If you’ve ever tried gambling a rare
Diadem
you know it’ll take like 40milion gold to get one, i just gambled a rare
Tiara
, upped it and voila!

So then i effectively re-rolled rare diadems like 60 times, much easier and faster than gambling, or the 6xPskull method, or by the gods: finding them out in the wild…

…but is it worth it?

Argh, that’s a tough question to answer, it probably is, but damn just cubing like 18 times, then save/exit, transfer stuff to pack, wait a bit, save and exit, start all over again… gross

TBF using this method is equivalent to finding a rare
Diadem
every like 45 seconds?! I think…

After doing it for about 45 mins i found 3 rare diadems i felt were worth holding on to: +2MA +5 min dmg +14 all res +39cold res PLR 50%, +2 barb skills +20FCR +38 life +12 all res (Meh), & +2 sorc skills +30ed +106 AR +20 Dex DRB4 (sweet bow sorc ammy?). Got some other good ones, but nothing I’d consider a 5 or even 6 pointer.

So yea, does this method objectively produce more high quality rares than normal farming or even gambling: yes!

But is it fun? No… at least not for me, not for anytime longer Than like 20 mins. It’s just a shame i want all those great rares!

This probably ins’t as viable when re-rolling magics because it takes 3 spaces to reroll a magic item compared to the 2 needed for a rare.

If you’re an offline console player try it! Maybe you’ll get a +2skill, +20 FCR, +30 R/W, + 20 all res +2 os
Diadem
!
Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

Well i did it, i decided that while you guys online can trade for whatever gear you want, its time to level the playing field a bit for us offline and console players. Also: we missed out last year when online folk had infinite gambling - that seemed really neato!

I would really like some sweet rares, specifically: circlets, rings, jewels, ect… but what’s a guy to do?

So i started using the airplane mode glitch (basically copies anything moved from your stash to your pack) to get sojs… lots of sojs…

Well it turns out out you only need 18, and 18 P skulls, now using my highest level character (lvl 96
Nova
sorc) and some choice
Terror
zones, i got some rares and decided to find out if the old “high quality rare item of the same type” cube recipe was any good.

If you have 18 p skulls and 18 sojs in your shared stash (even starting with 1 of each it’s only like 10 mins), then it only takes another 2 mins to copy over 18x the recipe constituents when needed.

If you’ve ever tried gambling a rare
Diadem
you know it’ll take like 40milion gold to get one, i just gambled a rare
Tiara
, upped it and voila!

So then i effectively re-rolled rare diadems like 60 times, much easier and faster than gambling, or the 6xPskull method, or by the gods: finding them out in the wild…

…but is it worth it?

Argh, that’s a tough question to answer, it probably is, but damn just cubing like 18 times, then save/exit, transfer stuff to pack, wait a bit, save and exit, start all over again… gross

TBF using this method is equivalent to finding a rare
Diadem
every like 45 seconds?! I think…

After doing it for about 45 mins i found 3 rare diadems i felt were worth holding on to: +2MA +5 min dmg +14 all res +39cold res PLR 50%, +2 barb skills +20FCR +38 life +12 all res (Meh), & +2 sorc skills +30ed +106 AR +20 Dex DRB4 (sweet bow sorc ammy?). Got some other good ones, but nothing I’d consider a 5 or even 6 pointer.

So yea, does this method objectively produce more high quality rares than normal farming or even gambling: yes!

But is it fun? No… at least not for me, not for anytime longer Than like 20 mins. It’s just a shame i want all those great rares!

This probably ins’t as viable when re-rolling magics because it takes 3 spaces to reroll a magic item compared to the 2 needed for a rare.

If you’re an offline console player try it! Maybe you’ll get a +2skill, +20 FCR, +30 R/W, + 20 all res +2 os
Diadem
!
So when you say console do you mean the Switch? I play Xbox (online only), but regardless of that I'm unaware of an 'airplane' mode for it. Or even for PS for that matter. Airplane mode only available for handheld consoles?
But I agree with you, that method would be too painful. Sure D2 is full of grinding but this is on a whole other level lol.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
Far as i know it only works on switch, but I’ve heard it also works on other consoles - just haven’t confirmed

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Theoretically speaking, the point behind airplane mode isn't to go "mobile handheld can fly brrrrr" but simply to force your game to work in offline mode as it blocks any connection.

Assuming the capability is generally there in other versions, you should be able to force the same behavior on non-handheld consoles, simply by disconnecting your WiFi.
Schnorki wrote: 5 months ago
"mobile handheld can fly brrrrr"
That made me laugh way more than it should have. Thank you for that, I needed the laugh this morning.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...