Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1913 views

What itens are commonly used on the 3 perfect gems cube formula?

No data yet

Description

Hi

From what I know (it's not that much 😝), and from what I saw on build guides and on the trading market, it seems that there are only 4 things that worth using on the 3
Perfect Gems
cube formula:

A - Grand Charm (everybody uses some, and a good rolled one can be traded for a lot - I already saw a skiller of life being sold for 15
Jah
!!!)

B - Small charms (everybody uses some too)

C - Jewels (are BIS on some builds)

D - Very specific magic itens, that cannot be gambled or bought from vendors (like Amazon javelins with 40% ias and +6 to
Javelin
skills or class specific itens with +3 to skill tab and +3 to some skills)

But when you consider the cost and the chances to get something good from the formula, seems like only worth to do the "A" and maybe "B" (if you already have good Grand charms with two affixes).

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

From what I know (it's not that much 😝), and from what I saw on build guides and on the trading market, it seems that there are only 4 things that worth using on the 3
Perfect Gems
cube formula:

A - Grand Charm (everybody uses some, and a good rolled one can be traded for a lot - I already saw a skiller of life being sold for 15
Jah
!!!)

B - Small charms (everybody uses some too)

C - Jewels (are BIS on some builds)

D - Very specific magic itens, that cannot be gambled or bought from vendors (like Amazon javelins with 40% ias and +6 to
Javelin
skills or class specific itens with +3 to skill tab and +3 to some skills)

But when you consider the cost and the chances to get something good from the formula, seems like only worth to do the "A" and maybe "B" (if you already have good Grand charms with two affixes).

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
As you correctly pointed out, it boils down to odds and statistics.

Naturally, if you're looking for something specific for yourself and don't care about value generation then there's your answer.

But in terms of actually making a profit, you want to cube stuff that gives you decent odds of creating said profit. Grand charms tend to be quite forgiving there as you're not looking for only one particular affix combination. There's a variety of skills with value. And while your ideal will generally always be max life added to those skills, you're able to make a good profit off of things like FHR and such as well. The same is generally true for small charms and jewels albeit not necessarily to the same degree.

If you end up cubing monarchs as an alternative though, the same is no longer true. You're basically looking at "JMoD or bust" at that point. Given, not all other suffixes are completely worthless but most are. And literally any other prefix makes your
Monarch
entirely worthless. The same is true for cubing armors, weapons and so forth. The number of actually valuable or even just not worthless affix combinations vs. the total possibilities is quite low on those to say the least and the value of the "jackpot" is not high enough by comparison to say a "grand charm jackpot" to make up for that.

Regardless of what you cube though, do be prepared to be disappointed. A lot. The odds are generally not in your favor on any of it. Given, you might get insanely lucky like I did when I ended up with a 40/15 on literally my first cube in D2:R but more likely than not, you won't see anything useful for a long, long, loooong time...like I did since said 40/15 until today. :P
OP
Forgot the
Monarch
case... it's a item that you can gamble/buy, but only worth the elite version...
(but agree that the odds of get what you want with the cube in those cases are really really low - nowadays I verify all magic
Monarch
that drop for me and found none with 4S yet :-P )

agree with the previous posts.

You should really get yourself prepared to a very long disappointment streak if you follow this road of rerolling stuff.

Personally, I droped that after 200+ attempts to re-roll a single GC that
Baal
was keen enough to share with me once, and with no useful outcome. Maybe that is just my unluck, but in D2R every effort to get something useful is quantified in thousands (like it takes 1000+ cow runs to get a
Jah
, etc) and re-roling stuff is no different..
OP
Grand Charm I tried many times and don't remember to get something good any time (maybe only 1 Amazon Skiller with no relevant suffix that I sold comes from it, but I'm not sure...)

Small charm I think that end up keeping 2-3 single resist ones and 1 MF.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
That does dope the economy though.
When you're poor, sell 35-40 low pgems for an
Ist
(pskulls / prubies / pameth higher) then use Ists to trade valuable stuff.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...