Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   683 views

Description

Hello,
In the recent few days I had some kind of impression about unique drops, please comment what you think if it makes sense, or if you experienced the same somehow or it's all nonsense.

I do a lot of item hunting.
My current main is a NL Paladin, which was created in S4. I decided do go NL after S4 because I wanted to keep hunting the same way without wasting time.

By the end of S4, I think he was lvl 92 or 93.
I usually do TZs when it's my preferred area, and also lots of Pit, Worldstone Keep and Cow level.

I also have MF about 500 with basic MF gear (baba, Enigma,
Shako
, chancies, travs, gheeds, and so on).

Until I reached level 95, I usually had a good bunch of unique items dropped in every area run. At least 1 or 2. Three was very common too.
It was normal to run TZ
Travincal
and get about 10+ unique drops in 1 hour (although most of them were crap).

Once I reached level 96, same setup, the unique drops count reduced drastically. Near zero.
Sometimes I spent 2 to 3h playing the same areas above to no drops at all.
Also had some TZ trav runs to get none or 1 unique drop in 1 hour. Found it very weird.
Did tests changing gear, mixing charms, replacing war travs with other thing, equipping HotO, changing servers, restarting game.exe, and so on.
I let it go for a week to give me a good impression, and it remained like this. Very reduced drops.

I decided to do a test. Also have a lvl 91 Paladin from S3. Switched to him, moved the gear to him and started playing.
Been playing like this for 2 days.
The unique drops increased again, at least 1 per area run, 2 to 3 is common.

So, to reach lvl 96 could cause impact in unique drops somehow?

About set items: I did not notice change in drops frequency. The same crap set items kept dropping, sometimes a rare (TC 84+) also dropped apparently with same odds.
Description by YugoHell

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,
In the recent few days I had some kind of impression about unique drops, please comment what you think if it makes sense, or if you experienced the same somehow or it's all nonsense.

My current main is a NL Paladin, which was created in S4. I decided do go NL after S4 because I wanted to keep hunting the same way without wasting time.

I usually do TZs when it's my preferred area, and also lots of Pit, Worldstone Keep and Cow level.

Shako

Until I reached level 95, I usually had a good bunch of unique items dropped in every area run. At least 1 or 2. Three was very common too.
It was normal to run TZ
Travincal

Once I reached level 96, same setup, the unique drops count reduced drastically. Near zero.
Also had some TZ trav runs to get none or 1 unique drop in 1 hour. Found it very weird.
Did tests changing gear, mixing charms, replacing war travs with other thing, equipping HotO, changing servers, restarting game.exe, and so on.
I let it go for a week to give me a good impression, and it remained like this. Very reduced drops.

I decided to do a test. Also have a lvl 91 Paladin from S3. Switched to him, moved the gear to him and started playing.

About set items: I did not notice change in drops frequency. The same crap set items kept dropping, sometimes a rare (TC 84+) also dropped apparently with same odds.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

I am currently not accepting Tokens. Thank you!

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
definitely yes, after reaching level 83, when each horror zone potentially becomes a level 85 location, the chance of dropping even the rarest items in the game such as Tyrels Might appears. in general, I think that this is mostly random and I know for sure that it depends on the quantity Boss Packs.
that's why we used to run in Pit, level 85 location, there were most Boss Packs there and it was easy to kill them.
now everything has changed. Any
Terror
zone when you have level 83 potentially becomes 85 and it is from this moment that you get the maximum possible drop of unique things. Then it all comes down to the number Boss Packs, accordingly, the more of them, the more chances you have to raise unique items with the same amount MF.

you can see the number of Bass picks in a specific location here

Terror
Zone Immunities, Boss Packs, and more

https://d2runewizard.com/terror-zone-tracker

I hope I explained it clearly . The main thing that the quantity depends on is not your MA, but the number of Bass Packs in the game, and potentially you with a large number of MF have a better chance of knocking out a unique item from a simple monster, but the highest chances rest on Boss Packs

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

M1ck 331

Europe PC
YugoHell wrote: 5 months ago
Hello,

Shako

It was normal to run TZ
Travincal

This basically sums up my experience too. Same applies for keys / essences (for me anyway).
OP
M1ck wrote: 5 months ago

This basically sums up my experience too. Same applies for keys / essences (for me anyway).
Weird thing is the baseline comparison is char lvl 91 to char lvl 96.

For 'non-TZ' areas like Hell Pit and Worldstone Keep (which are level 85), it should not make a difference in drop counts. But it really did.

For TZ areas, it could be explained by something like 'from char lvl 96 on, all TZs level will still be limited to 96, so your char won't be challenged anymore playing a higher level area', and something like this. Well, somehow the drops count were reduced too.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

I am currently not accepting Tokens. Thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...