Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   3291 views

Description

Hi

I was wandering why do
Ist
is used as the "base currency" on trades...

My guess is that because it is the highest rune that could drop in the "bonus rune drop" from the Hell Countess.

Is it the reason? Or is there another one?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I was wandering why do
Ist
is used as the "base currency" on trades...

My guess is that because it is the highest rune that could drop in the "bonus rune drop" from the Hell Countess.

Is it the reason? Or is there another one?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
May be a couple different reasons, but I believe because
Ist
is one of the more common runes used for many runewords/bases.

For example:
Infinity, Call To Arms, Chains of Honor, Exile, and Magic Find (6 Isted PB, IK
Helm
Shako
, etc)

And with the range of rolls being so wide on Infinity and CtA, some people may need A LOT of Ists to get the roll they're looking for.

But with a game as deep and complex as this, I could still be missing the real reason! Would be curious to hear what other people's thoughts are as well.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Ist
has become the base currency for mid-level trades not specifically because of countess (though it somewhat plays into it) but simply because

a) runes in general have become the currency of the game
b)
Ist
is mid-level enough to be relatively common among those trading in that range -> availability of said currency
c)
Ist
is still high enough to hold some relative value as a currency, without having to resort to paying 20349209430294 of them as you would with say a
Tir

d)
Ist
actually has a solid long-term use in and by itself (both as part of common runewords but also in and by itself for the mf), adding to the inherent value of the rune as a stable currency

The real "base currency" really depends on your trading range though.
Ist
tends to be the mid to higher mid level.
Low level trades often revolve around
Pul
or the like.
And once you look at actual top-end high-level trades, you're really only looking at Jahs and Bers.

(level in this case being solely a measure of item quality combined with rarity, nothing to do with your char level or the like)

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Adding for low level :
Perfect Gems
, perfect amethysts, some Runes (
Ral
/
Hel
esp.) and Keys, are also common trading stuff.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Schnorki wrote: 5 months ago
Ist
has become the base currency for mid-level trades not specifically because of countess (though it somewhat plays into it) but simply because

a) runes in general have become the currency of the game
b)
Ist
is mid-level enough to be relatively common among those trading in that range -> availability of said currency
c)
Ist
is still high enough to hold some relative value as a currency, without having to resort to paying 20349209430294 of them as you would with say a
Tir

d)
Ist
actually has a solid long-term use in and by itself (both as part of common runewords but also in and by itself for the mf), adding to the inherent value of the rune as a stable currency

The real "base currency" really depends on your trading range though.
Ist
tends to be the mid to higher mid level.
Low level trades often revolve around
Pul
or the like.
And once you look at actual top-end high-level trades, you're really only looking at Jahs and Bers.

(level in this case being solely a measure of item quality combined with rarity, nothing to do with your char level or the like)
MUCH more complex 😝😝

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
A question I've been wondering is how the heck did
Ist
value shoot up so high while
Jah
/
Ber
decreased so much?

Used to trade around 15-20 Ists for a
Ber
, and close to 30 Ists for a
Jah
!

Now you can get a
Ber
for 5 Ists and
Jah
for 8-9. I would've thought rune value would move together, but really all over the place these last few months.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Zero187 wrote: 5 months ago
A question I've been wondering is how the heck did
Ist
value shoot up so high while
Jah
/
Ber
decreased so much?
It's not so much that
Ist
have increased in value, but
Jah
/
Ber
have definitely decreased a lot in value. It has to do with availability. It's just natural in a free market - when there are more sellers than buyers, not all sellers will be able to complete their sales, and since lots of people are not very patient, hoping for quick trades, they will start lowering their asking prices to complete their trades faster, and then others follow suit, and so on.

In the current ladder,
Jah
/
Ber
started at ~20
Ist
each when they were still fairly rare (still not quite as high in value as they used to be early in previous ladders though), and has since dropped a bit, still higher than the current NL values though.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation