diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   3070 views

Javazon Adventure: Piercing, Leveling, Gear and other Q's

No data yet

Description

Greetings honored travelers,
Although I'm not
Jerhyn
, I have some things to discuss and questions that need answers. First, I recently equipped my
Razortail
for piercing, as well as putting the requisite point into
Pierce
(which becomes 6 in my case). My character's advanced stats only mention the 33%
Pierce
from
Razortail
, am I missing something?

Next, I had a rather interesting discussion with a barb who knew more about leveling than I care to even remember, but he mentioned that it's a waste to take out the Ancients at levels 20, 40 and 60, respectively, as the best method is simply to rush to Hell
Chaos Sanctuary
and mooch that. My question is, how does one accomplish this without taking out the Ancients?

Finally, that barb also mentioned that Ethereal
Titan's Revenge
are simply not worth it because the extra damage does next to nothing. This was good news, as obtaining that item appears to be very difficult indeed. I already have 2 sets of
Titan's Revenge
and 2 sets of
Thunderstroke
, so I guess I'm ok. I was also thinking of using this 90% ED, 45% IAS gemmed
Circlet
that someone just gave me instead of
Griffon's Eye
or something else. Any thoughts, answers or comments are appreciated.

Edit: my java's name is Ayla, the DJ name of one of my favorite electronic DJs
Description by vectorViridian

Can be used to make Runewords:

Greetings honored travelers,
Although I'm not
Jerhyn
, I have some things to discuss and questions that need answers. First, I recently equipped my
Razortail
for piercing, as well as putting the requisite point into
Pierce
(which becomes 6 in my case). My character's advanced stats only mention the 33%
Pierce
from
Razortail
, am I missing something?

Next, I had a rather interesting discussion with a barb who knew more about leveling than I care to even remember, but he mentioned that it's a waste to take out the Ancients at levels 20, 40 and 60, respectively, as the best method is simply to rush to Hell
Chaos Sanctuary
and mooch that. My question is, how does one accomplish this without taking out the Ancients?

Titan's Revenge
are simply not worth it because the extra damage does next to nothing. This was good news, as obtaining that item appears to be very difficult indeed. I already have 2 sets of
Titan's Revenge
and 2 sets of
Thunderstroke
Circlet
Griffon's Eye

Edit: my java's name is Ayla, the DJ name of one of my favorite electronic DJs
for LF the
Eth
isn't all that useful yeah. You get a tad more Manaleech though, how much this is worth is, your call alone (you should definitely up them though if not already happened)

Only way to get to hell without ancients i can think of is going through classic where there are no ancients and therefore no level requirements.

Though you'll need Some Classic Chars that could rush you

The extended Char stat screen is just a writeup of your gear not your skills that's the reason your
Pierce
can't be found there

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
There is a way to skip ancients. You need a character that has the ancients quest (level20+ for normal/40+ for nm/60+ for hell) in your party that needs the
Baal
quest. You stay in town while your rusher and the char needing
Baal
quest kill
Baal
That way you get the
Baal
quest and can progress to the next difficulty.
its calles a grush (glitch rush) i believe.
You can only get to hell without killing ancients online by rushing with bumpers.
That means that you are standing in town with your char which is getting rush, while another char is getting the quests for
Baal
. When you are in the same party you will get that quest also and you can go to nightmare/hell.
OP
Thanks for all the replies. I was just able to make use of that NM Ancients skip by doing as you all said. Never tried that before, pretty cool.

I will certainly be upgrading the
Titan's Revenge
once I get a
Lem

Although this java is getting better, it would appear that no matter how much mana I steal, it's not enough (16% currently).
Yes, javazons mana consumption is fairly high but a merc using Insight should solve all your mana related problems.

As for the titans, ethereal ones are quite nice to deal with lightning immunes with low physical resistance (finger mages in
Chaos Sanctuary
for example)

You also mentionned
Griffon's Eye
, if you have it you should wear it, combined with a lighting sunder, it'll make your javazon capable of taking out any lightning immune with ease.
Regarding manq issue: once you grt Infinity, try to buy Phoenix - redemptuon solves mana issue
To solve the mana issue of Javazon, you may find mana per kill more useful than mana leech.
You can use
Silkweave
and/or mana per kill jewel.
Javazon get more benefit from Griffon than IAS ED
Helm
. Such
Helm
is for physical bowzon.

Relax and have fun!
OP
I've strangely been trying make use of the A1 merc, just to try something new. Despite equipping them with somewhat decent items, they just end up dying and not contributing a whole lot. I shall return to our trusty A2 merc and toss an Insight on him straightaway.

Infinity and Phoenix are a bit high, shall have to collect things to get them.

Going to be putting a Lightning Facet into the
Griffon's Eye
, thanks for the advice on why it's better to use it. I think once I get a bit higher level and better gear, my mana issue should most likely disappear one way or another.

I totally forgot how much fun the Javazon is. You run super fast, throw/attack super fast, just roasting everything with targeted lightning. Very enjoyable indeed.

Necrarch 1621Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
For mana issues, as said above,
Silkweave
are great and cheap before you stabilize mana another way.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Update: Ayla is now 72 and wearing most of her end-game gear:

-
Valkyrie Wing
(will replace w/
Griffon's Eye
upon reaching 76)

- Enigma
-
Razortail

-
Titan's Revenge
/T-Stroke
- Spirit
Monarch

-
Laying of Hands

-
Silkweave

-
Highlord's Wrath

- SOJ
-
Raven Frost

My mana is mostly ok now, but several times I've noticed my Titan's were about to run out/in need of repair. I guess I need to choose my targets better and only use LF on groups. Another kind Zon pointed out that I should be using
Charged Strike
instead of
Lightning Strike
for single targets, this has greatly helped. I've started using
Thunderstroke
, and to be quite honest, it seems straight up better than regular Titan's. It does more damage, attacks faster and the minus to enemy lightning res is maybe the best part. As they appear to be prohibitively expensive, I have not been able to obtain an ethereal Titan's. This is fine, as my current setup is definitely workable and quite fun.

mhlg 867

Americas PC
vectorViridian wrote: 6 months ago

Titan's Revenge
Titan's Revenge
and 2 sets of
Thunderstroke
Circlet
Griffon's Eye
I have to disagree with your Barb buddy. I have a Javazon that I started out using Titans, then I went to
Thunderstroke
, and then a low roll
Eth
Titan's dropped and it makes a mockery of
Thunderstroke
. So I upped the
Eth
Titans and not only is the damage much higher but it has a much larger replenishing stack and has never dropped below 110. With
Thunderstroke
(I have three) I was constantly forced to pay to replenish the stack. In short I'm using a low upped
Eth
Titan's, with a low facet jeweled Griffon's, Crack of Heavens Sunder, and my merc has an Infinity. I can clear TZ Chaos in about 3 minutes (4 if I forget to open one of the seals).

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

mhlg 867

Americas PC
I forgot to mention that I also have a Phoenix runeword shield with lvl 12
Redemption
which takes care of mana and life.

Good Morning!

When I built my Javazon, the following goals were important to me:

- no glass-cannon
- min 52 ias breakpoint (to reach 10 fpa)
- min 54 fhr breakpoint
- min 68 fcr breakpoint (because I use Enigma - Enigma, because my merc uses Infinity)
- Mana stuff to solve mana issues
- 75 ar

Therefore, I decided to use the following setup.

Griffon's Eye
(25 fcr, socketed with a 15 ias / 3 maek jewel)
Highlord's Wrath
(20 ias)
Enigma
Titan's Revenge

Spirit
Monarch
(35 fcr, 55 fhr)
Crafted Gloves (20 ias, 3 maek plus some useful stats)
Razortail

Silkweave

Ring 1:
Raven Frost

Ring 2: rare (10 fcr, decent amount of res)

Offhand: Call To Arms + Spirit

This setup gains 55 ias, 55 fhr and 70 fcr to reach all breakpoints I wanted. Furthermore, it has a lot of maek.
Unfortunately I don't reach the 75 ar, so I had to help with a few charms.

With this setup I have only very rarely mana problems. If I switch the Spirit with Phoenix, I could maybe solve them, but I would lose a lot of res, the fcr und fhr breakpoints. That's why I've gotten into the habit of killing individual enemies or very small groups with
Charged Strike

Overall, for me, with this setup the Amazon is not the fastest in Diablo history, but she's fast enough and very survivable.

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702
I assume that's just an oversight but you did Up your Titan's right?

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

mhlg 867

Americas PC
Fliflaflo wrote: 6 months ago
Good Morning!

When I built my Javazon, the following goals were important to me:

- no glass-cannon
- min 52 ias breakpoint (to reach 10 fpa)
- min 54 fhr breakpoint
- min 68 fcr breakpoint (because I use Enigma - Enigma, because my merc uses Infinity)
- Mana stuff to solve mana issues
- 75 ar

Therefore, I decided to use the following setup.

Griffon's Eye
(25 fcr, socketed with a 15 ias / 3 maek jewel)
Highlord's Wrath
(20 ias)
Enigma
Titan's Revenge

Spirit
Monarch
(35 fcr, 55 fhr)
Crafted Gloves (20 ias, 3 maek plus some useful stats)
Razortail

Silkweave

Ring 1:
Raven Frost

Ring 2: rare (10 fcr, decent amount of res)

Offhand: Call To Arms + Spirit

This setup gains 55 ias, 55 fhr and 70 fcr to reach all breakpoints I wanted. Furthermore, it has a lot of maek.
Unfortunately I don't reach the 75 ar, so I had to help with a few charms.

With this setup I have only very rarely mana problems. If I switch the Spirit with Phoenix, I could maybe solve them, but I would lose a lot of res, the fcr und fhr breakpoints. That's why I've gotten into the habit of killing individual enemies or very small groups with
Charged Strike

Overall, for me, with this setup the Amazon is not the fastest in Diablo history, but she's fast enough and very survivable.
I have an Enigma but with the run speed of my Javazon it really isn't needed. Especially considering how tanky she is. So I decided there was a better choice. One that takes care of resistance needs.

@mhlg

I also played with CoH for a while.

But, the reason why I prefer to play with Enigma is not running speed, but that I always have the Merc with me through the
Teleport
- because otherwise he often runs further behind me.

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

mhlg 867

Americas PC
Fliflaflo wrote: 6 months ago
@mhlg

I also played with CoH for a while.

But, the reason why I prefer to play with Enigma is not running speed, but that I always have the Merc with me through the
Teleport
- because otherwise he often runs further behind me.
I have no issues with my merc, because I kill things so quickly and completely that he is almost never in harms way or dies. I'm constantly having to drop gold because my storage is overfilled. So I'm forced to gamble to bring it down.

OP
I'd like to publicly acknowledge mhlg for securing a set of Ethereal upgraded
Titan's Revenge
javs for me, and offering them at an outstanding price. This is one major reason why I play D2R, the community is the best you can ask for.

At this point I can safely say the Javazon is probably one of the best horde-clearing builds in the game, easily. I find that I don't even need a
Crack of the Heavens
charm, because my
Griffon's Eye
and all the rest get the job done against lightning immunes. I could probably still use a Phoenix or Infinity (not asking/begging for these), but the mana issue and anything else is mostly forgotten by now. I'd like to thank everyone for their Insight and excellent advice.

mhlg 867

Americas PC
So how's the build working so far? If it comes down to a choice between Phoenix or an Infinity, the Phoenix will probably provide more benefits. I think I have a 74 or 75 Crack of heavens you can have if you think you can make it work.

It's a 75%. It's yours if you want it.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...