Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   4247 views

About merc with Might+Pride or Double Last Wish (Let's draw a line)

No data yet

Description

Hello d2 Community !

The last couple of weeks we have been discussing mercenaries on the forum.

1. forums/barbarian-sword-combinations-t1428057.html - Barbarian Sword combinations (include Mercs)
2. forums/best-merc-bases-t1426075.html - Best Merc bases
3. forums/dual-last-wish-on-a5-merc-t1423892.html - Dual Last Wish on A5 Merc

Now where were we ? let's try summarize again

Barb with double Last Wish on merc act 5 with 34 lvl aura might
or
Desert merc with Pride 20
Concentration
and 19 lvl might (21 with
Andariel's Visage
)
or
are we missing the archer from act 1 with Faith
???

I will say that in most of my builds I use Desert merc (might) with Pride. I use it for everyone - frenzybarb, wwbarbarb, throwbarb, bowazon... (I can say that merk gives clean from 700-1000 plus damage (depending on the character) - clean ( removed and put Pride there were 5 thousand became 6, there were 7 thousand became 8, there were 8 thousand became 9 and so on).

who is drowning for what ? and in my humble opinion I should have forgotten about such armor as Chains of Honor (to raise the aura level Might by 2 more levels) doing by inertia Fortitude.

PS moreover, I find it a more profitable option to use on a mercenary Chains of Honor because it has LifeLeech if you replace the
Cap
with to Cure (with hope to ShadowHeart), for example on Lighting
Nova
Sorc. If earlier the mercenary treated himself thanks to the
Cap
(Leech from
Vampire Gaze
, or
Andariel's Visage
, or
Tal Rasha
), now it's time for him to treat himself from the armor Chains of Honor. (Forgive me for this digression , I was carried a little in the wrong direction (the
Key
in this paragraph with hope to ShadowHeart :)) )
Description by Bass

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
Hello d2 Community !

The last couple of weeks we have been discussing mercenaries on the forum.

1. forums/barbarian-sword-combinations-t1428057.html - Barbarian Sword combinations (include Mercs)
2. forums/best-merc-bases-t1426075.html - Best Merc bases
3. forums/dual-last-wish-on-a5-merc-t1423892.html - Dual Last Wish on A5 Merc

Now where were we ? let's try summarize again

or
Concentration
Andariel's Visage
)
or
???

I will say that in most of my builds I use Desert merc (might) with Pride. I use it for everyone - frenzybarb, wwbarbarb, throwbarb, bowazon... (I can say that merk gives clean from 700-1000 plus damage (depending on the character) - clean ( removed and put Pride there were 5 thousand became 6, there were 7 thousand became 8, there were 8 thousand became 9 and so on).

who is drowning for what ? and in my humble opinion I should have forgotten about such armor as Chains of Honor (to raise the aura level Might by 2 more levels) doing by inertia Fortitude.

PS moreover, I find it a more profitable option to use on a mercenary Chains of Honor because it has LifeLeech if you replace the
Cap
with to Cure (with hope to ShadowHeart), for example on Lighting
Nova
Sorc. If earlier the mercenary treated himself thanks to the
Cap
(Leech from
Vampire Gaze
, or
Andariel's Visage
, or
Tal Rasha
), now it's time for him to treat himself from the armor Chains of Honor. (Forgive me for this digression , I was carried a little in the wrong direction (the
Key
in this paragraph with hope to ShadowHeart :)) )

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Side note : can you rename "Arab" merc into Desert merc or act2 merc ?

Always seems weird to have our world's geographic / population transferred to Sanctuary.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Bass 76

Necrarch wrote: 6 months ago

Always seems weird to have our world's geographic / population transferred to Sanctuary.
Yup .. sorry

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

If we nitpick to names, the correct name for those "side characters" are "hirelings". "Desert mercenaries" are just Act II hirelings.
But since virtually everyone uses Act II hirelings, their name got shortened to just "mercenaries" and expanded to all hirelings. Well, actually even Blizz confused those in the linked website...

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Yeah, well, the other namings are rather explanatory and less... prone to possible issues, let's say :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Bass 76

Trang Oul wrote: 6 months ago

If we nitpick to names, the correct name for those "side characters" are "hirelings". "Desert mercenaries" are just Act II hirelings.
But since virtually everyone uses Act II hirelings, their name got shortened to just "mercenaries" and expanded to all hirelings. Well, actually even Blizz confused those in the linked website...
I just didn 't express myself politically correctly , but what do you think about the topic of the post ?

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Bass wrote: 6 months ago

or
Concentration
Andariel's Visage
)
or
???
this is such a narrow view on this whole topic and it clearly gives away what kind of answer you expect. It looks like you want to confirm your own bias

For me personally your choices are nowhere optimal in any of my builds or any of builds i would try to accomplish. I had expressed this mindset already before: backward's reasoning. Take a look what you need and go back from there and try to accomplish that.

A Reaper's Merc still outperforms Last Wish and Pride alltogether under the right circumstances. Do these circumstances matter to you? That's factors you need to give some weight to.

When you use Grief on P1 it doesn't matter if you take Last Wish, or Pride or reapers Because your damage is through the roof anyway. If you're on P8 normal monsters probably live through one or two hits but once you're go against bosses you're merc is probably there and has Dec casted on that boss. So do you want the hassle of having your Merc need to cast Dec? Do you consider this as hassle in the first place? If this isn't a problem by itself, then the Merc's Pathfinding sure is. That's more Points you need to factor into that eqation.

Do you have an Enigma? If no, you need CnbF on that Merc

Do you need the Speed of an A1 with Faith? Since Fana's damage bonus is halved for other Partymembers don't expect to get higher numbers than a A2 with might would give you. A1 Faith Merc is a mean of getting Speed not Damage.

Do you want to the Merc itself to be viable as a damage Dealer? Then it's speed > damage in most cases (Treachery > Fortitude)
Are your runs long runs or short? If you have longer runs and
Fade
can proc it's Treachery > CoH aswell

In terms of utility
Holy Freeze
Aura from the A2 Merc is probably the best you can get. It Freezes everything even Cold Immune immunes. You could make an argument that one might have "enough damage" (i know, as crazy as it sounds) so by that point
Holy Freeze
would be your best choice

An act 5 merc to me is only an opportunity to use even more runewords with more auras. Before using an a5 merc you should ask yourself if you should use him and what he brings your build, not how much more auras you could out of him.

If you really want to draw a line you really should have a definitv end of what you're trying to achieve and grab the gear that fits the best to that situation or to your playstyle in any given situation

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
I use a might merc with Doom
Cryptic Axe
with my Tesladin

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

xigua 63

I think it depends on your needs:

Pride Merc provides a multiplier of ~5.8
Faith merc of only 1.3 but adds 33 IAS.
Double LW 4.0 and procs
Hustle and LB decrep and 14 IAS

If you swing a big slow hammer that one-hitd things or have very low base damage or die constantly you might have different needs id argue.
Trang Oul wrote: 6 months ago
A "hireling" sounds too feminine as opposed to a masculine sounding "mercenary". Given the nature of the game no wonder players adhere to the latter rather than the former.
xigua wrote: 2 months ago
Pride Merc provides a multiplier of ~5.8
Faith merc of only 1.3 but adds 33 IAS.
Double LW 4.0 and procs
Hustle and LB decrep and 14 IAS
I’d only add the act 1 Faith wielding NPC hireling sprite also casts
Inner Sight
, which takes away a lot (if not all) the enemy’s def, making it much easier to hit something (it’s better than an act2 desert NPC hireling sprite’s
Blessed Aim
aura)
I have to agree with Flippy that the initial post seems a bit biased and limited in it's options.

First off you really can't ignore the Reaper-mercenary as an option. In fact it's my favorite in most cases. Especially since they added Cure to the game, since you then also get life-leach on the weapon and are free in choice of armor.

Also, for Act 5 it seems weird to focus on double Last Wish. I'd much rather use just 1 Last Wish, and pick either Plague (for
Cleansing
), Crescent Moon (for Static proc) or
Azurewrath
(for
Sanctuary Aura
).
Or in some cases Lawbringer (for both
Sanctuary Aura
and
Decrepify
proc), tough the
Life Tap
and
Decrepify
curses will override each other.

Act 1 with Faith should deffinetly be consided, but as mentioned for attack-speed rather than damage. Among others my Tesladin lowes the Act 1 merc helping it reach max attack-frames, and it would get a lot less from all the others as so much of the damage is the added lightning damage rather than physical.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation