Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   555 views

Description

I've been a fan of using a
Carrion Wind
unique ring on my characters since the LoD. To my dismay all its features don't properly work for me in D2R. Every time I spawn a
Poison Creeper
the game crashes within 30-40 seconds. Turns out, there is a bug report thread on Blizzard's forum site https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... ash/127640 which I recently updated with my entry. I bought the game 2 years after its release in hope all the major issues would be addressed by then. I don't know how Blizzard treats its bug report forum in general, but this one in particular seems to be ignored, as it's been almost 18 months since the first report on the issue.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been a fan of using a
Carrion Wind
unique ring on my characters since the LoD. To my dismay all its features don't properly work for me in D2R. Every time I spawn a
Poison Creeper
the game crashes within 30-40 seconds. Turns out, there is a bug report thread on Blizzard's forum site https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... ash/127640 which I recently updated with my entry. I bought the game 2 years after its release in hope all the major issues would be addressed by then. I don't know how Blizzard treats its bug report forum in general, but this one in particular seems to be ignored, as it's been almost 18 months since the first report on the issue.

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
Have you tried something very stupid as having another Druid in your game when you spawn it? Also with what character you are playing?

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Poison Creeper
has long since been known to be one of those "can annihilate your performance" type skills.

It doesn't affect everyone and those it does affect aren't necessarily affected to the same degree.

Slow down. Massive slow down. Increasing slow down until your game finally crashes. Really the same varied behavior as all of those "wreck yo performance" skills (
Poison Creeper
Armageddon
, Mosaic sins going nuts, ...).

The "workaround" is generally to either be lucky and simply not affected. Or to play around with your (usually graphics, rarely audio) settings until it improves/gets fixed. Add in the usual "update your drivers bra!" and you're good. Or not. Seems on occasion, it is indeed persistent until the actual hardware is replaced.

Don't expect Blizz to come to the rescue though. 0 bug fixes in what? 5 months now? and certainly not for lack of bugs...kinda shows you how much they care. They just don't.
OP
TheDoo wrote: 7 months ago
Have you tried something very stupid as having another Druid in your game when you spawn it? Also with what character you are playing?
I've tried it with Amazon, Assassin, Barbarian. All produced the same result - a crashed game. Every time that happened, the AMD video driver (or whatever software layer that is) popped up a prompt to submit a report to AMD.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago
Poison Creeper
has long since been known to be one of those "can annihilate your performance" type skills.
Don't expect Blizz to come to the rescue though. 0 bug fixes in what? 5 months now? and certainly not for lack of bugs...kinda shows you how much they care. They just don't.
Yeah, I've figured that much. The game is too good and vast, as far as replayability (is there such word?) is concerned, to turn away because of this glitch and a number of others. Maybe this is something specific to AMD hardware/software. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to prove it, or otherwise.

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
Using AMD, big ouchy! Oh well, cannot help you there sir...

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
TheDoo wrote: 7 months ago
Using AMD, big ouchy! Oh well, cannot help you there sir...
You'd be laughing (or crying) if you knew the PC configuration I play this game on.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...