diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   910 views

Sunder Charms, Resistance Break, External Resistance Modifier

No data yet

Description

I know that
Conviction
for example only works to 20% on Immunity broken Enemies when using Sunder Charms. Is this still true for -Resistance from sources not originating from your character?

How does Sunder interact with Infinity or Reaper's Toll from Mercs when they reduce those resistances?

Going by logic they also should only work with 20% efficiency because for the merc the Immunity isn't broken (so 20% efficiency)

But this doesn't add up with the "feeling" i get when dealing with Stygs and Ghosts in Worldstone Keep running my
Zeal
with Reaper's toll on Merc.

If the enemies aren't cursed i can chip away their health using
Bone Break
. But as soon as the
Decrepify
procs those, enemies die in one to to hits max. Doing the math i should go from 95% Phys res to 85% Res (95% with
Bone Break
and then 20% of the -50% Physical Resistance from
Decrepify
) so i that shouldn't be much more than "a bit more chip damage" instead of 1-2 Hit Kills for Champions / Elites

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know that
Conviction
for example only works to 20% on Immunity broken Enemies when using Sunder Charms. Is this still true for -Resistance from sources not originating from your character?

How does Sunder interact with Infinity or Reaper's Toll from Mercs when they reduce those resistances?

Going by logic they also should only work with 20% efficiency because for the merc the Immunity isn't broken (so 20% efficiency)

But this doesn't add up with the "feeling" i get when dealing with Stygs and Ghosts in Worldstone Keep running my
Zeal
with Reaper's toll on Merc.

If the enemies aren't cursed i can chip away their health using
Bone Break
. But as soon as the
Decrepify
procs those, enemies die in one to to hits max. Doing the math i should go from 95% Phys res to 85% Res (95% with
Bone Break
and then 20% of the -50% Physical Resistance from
Decrepify
) so i that shouldn't be much more than "a bit more chip damage" instead of 1-2 Hit Kills for Champions / Elites

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Decrepify
and
Amplify Damage
both work at full effect vs sundered enemies.

Conviction
and
Lower Resist
work at 1/5 effect vs sundered enemies, as you noted.
Conviction
works the same whether it's from a Paladin or through Infinity.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thanks for the quick Answer!

So from the looks of it, it's more an Physical vs Elemental Reduction thing?

The more you know

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
It would seem that way, yes. It's a bit inconsistent considering that
Decrepify
and
Amplify Damage
both work at 1/5 effect vs physical immunes (assuming you don't have a
Bone Break
).

Maybe Blizzard really did think about giving physical damage characters a buff when they decided to do it this way (perhaps because there is no corresponding -X% to enemy physical resistance on equipment?), but I don't think we ever got any reasoning for this decision.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
That's because they don't have any thought-through reasoning to give you. :P

The main reason for any changes nowadays is simply "omg, people keep bitching about everything so let's randomly change shit to other shit without thinking anything through", same reason
Cold Mastery
has been added to the list of "only 20% post-sunder".

The latter is missing in ShadowHeart's explanation/listing for the sake of completion but the rest is dead on. :) Character/unit source doesn't matter in the slightest. The only thing that matters is what skill/gear/whatever is adding the -res.

That having been said, there is one thing to keep in mind as well when you compare merc vs. non-merc:
Your sunder doesn't work for your merc. So if you're looking at say a phys immune, you have a sunder and nothing else (decrep/amp) is applied yet, you will do your 5% post-sunder damage, your merc will do nothing. Once say decrep procs, it'll hit fully for you and your dmg will skyrocket. But to make that difference even larger, that same decrep proc does work for your merc at the normal reduced rate and since most phys immunes are easily broken, he will now also finally start doing at least some damage on top of your own massive boost.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...