37 replies   2321 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

M1ck 331

Europe PC
phantomotap wrote: 8 months ago
Skaijuice wrote: 8 months ago
Zero187 wrote: 8 months ago
Up to 3 accounts so far with Lvl 99 Zerker Hork Barb (the Loot Master), 99 Javazon, 97
Nova
Sorc, 96 Zealadin and around 45 mules for all the different items I've got saved just in case + listed for sale. And somehow I'm able to remember where most of the items are! Usually only takes 1-2 tries logging into mules to find the right item for trade :)

Rune bank is spread across 4 mules and currently have:

Gul

Vex

Ohm

Lo

Sur

Ber

Jah

Cham

Zod
At that kind of saturation i would have thrown in the towel and stopped playing the game TBH.
^_^

That's kind of what I had been thinking when I read that post.

Like, you've won Diablo 2...
Not really, you'd be lucky to buy more than one 3/20/20.

M1ck 331

Europe PC
Up to 3 accounts so far with Lvl 99 Zerker Hork Barb (the Loot Master), 99 Javazon, 97
Nova
Sorc, 96 Zealadin and around 45 mules for all the different items I've got saved just in case + listed for sale. And somehow I'm able to remember where most of the items are! Usually only takes 1-2 tries logging into mules to find the right item for trade :)

Gul

Vex

Ohm

Lo

Sur

Ber

Jah

Cham

Zod
At that kind of saturation i would have thrown in the towel and stopped playing the game TBH.
Skai you're holding out on us with that 6/40 Jav ;0 ;0. It's close or maybe worth more than all that combined.
M1ck wrote: 8 months ago
phantomotap wrote: 8 months ago

^_^

That's kind of what I had been thinking when I read that post.

Like, you've won Diablo 2...
Not really, you'd be lucky to buy more than one 3/20/20.
O_o

I imagine though that they have all of those runes and ridiculously expensive stuff.
I just counted my offline characters. 7 playable characters, 28 mules. Just started my 5th mule for bases last week...

Necrarch 1734Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
On my side, 4 played, 1 per trade tab here (6), 1 for runes, 1 for gems, 1 for crafting material, 1 for temporary stuff that do not fit in the playable, 1 for ladder trading so I should be at around 15.

If something does not fit on a char, that char needs to throw something to
Charsi

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
This is Isenhart. His entire reason for existence is to store pieces of Isenhart. I also have characters named Sigon and Cathan.
Isenhart
Isenhart
Nova

Gul

Vex

Ohm

Lo

Sur

Ber

Jah

Cham

Zod
I've been hopping around between a few different games lately. D4 (what a joke), Baldurs Gate 3, Dead Island 2, Elden Ring and about to check out Starfield, but every time I finish another game, I get the urge to come back and play a little more D2R. I can certainly see why people played the original D2 for decades and I might do the same with D2R.

And about the unspoken currency and rune value tumbling - it doesn't really matter to me since I store these runes with one goal in mind: to create (near) perfect runewords. Working on rolling a perfect Grief and CtA at the moment. Then maybe Last Wish or Dream next. I don't buy items anymore since my chars are pretty much min-maxed already, and just sell the GG stuff I don't need to pile up more runes for this purpose. And if I can actually find a one-in-a-million GG upgrade along the way, that's always a nice cherry on top.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Nova

Gul

Vex

Ohm

Lo

Sur

Ber

Jah

Cham

Zod
I've been hopping around between a few different games lately. D4 (what a joke), Baldurs Gate 3, Dead Island 2, Elden Ring and about to check out Starfield, but every time I finish another game, I get the urge to come back and play a little more D2R. I can certainly see why people played the original D2 for decades and I might do the same with D2R.

And about the unspoken currency and rune value tumbling - it doesn't really matter to me since I store these runes with one goal in mind: to create (near) perfect runewords. Working on rolling a perfect Grief and CtA at the moment. Then maybe Last Wish or Dream next. I don't buy items anymore since my chars are pretty much min-maxed already, and just sell the GG stuff I don't need to pile up more runes for this purpose. And if I can actually find a one-in-a-million GG upgrade along the way, that's always a nice cherry on top.
I feel u.

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall..
But thankfully the Wind.
I feel u.
It's kinda like those bumper stickers "The more people I meet, the more I like my cat (or dog)". Well, the more games I play, the more I love D2 :)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
People come back and still play D2 because of the lack of instant gratification. The guy I had watched playing on switch has played Diablo 3 before but not 2. At first he was pretty moody because there was no grift with a loot pinhata at the end.

But after I told him to push through, at least through hell, he found a
Shako
. Dude said that finding that thing was more satisfying than any drop he got in d3

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
People playing offline I warmly recommend GoMule. You can hoard to your hearts content and SEARCH through your stashes. Such a mindblowing technology in 2023, Blizzard couldn't Dream of.

Adding to that, you can easily add three shared stashes to the game by simply adding a little mod. That same user has a youtube channel where he explains how to use the mod.

Playing in SP for months and watching videos about the game taught me what to keep or not, so I think I wouldn't hoard so much now if I started a season. But I still think it's a shame that it's not a practical possibility to hoard however you want on Battle.net. There are no technical excuses like storage space: several months of hoarding and my stash file is 120KB.
What blizz needs to amend and implement for a start is this:

Reduce the shared stash to 1 Tab.

Increase the personal stash from 1 Tab to 3 or more.
Introduce paid / incentivize 1 Quest to reward players for completing said quest (+1 personal Tab)

That way let players make and diversify their new chars instead of making L1 mules.

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
But thankfully the Wind.

mhlg 920

Americas PC

Introduce paid / incentivize 1 Quest to reward players for completing said quest (+1 personal Tab)

That way let players make and diversify their new chars instead of making L1 mules.

A thought to consider. If you had 3 or more tabs as personal stash, and 1 shared then anni and torch farming would be affected, because you can only hold one of each on your person and in your personal stash at a time, or that would have to change too without allowing players to use more than one unique charm at a time in play.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
mhlg wrote: 8 months ago

A thought to consider. If you had 3 or more tabs as personal stash, and 1 shared then anni and torch farming would be affected, because you can only hold one of each on your person and in your personal stash at a time, or that would have to change too without allowing players to use more than one unique charm at a time in play.
that....can actually be a good thing!!!

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
But thankfully the Wind.
Why not infinite tabs or characters? Or at least a hundred of one or the other. That should be no problem at all. Except this topic shows that dedicated players buy multiple accounts to store items, so they have money incentive not to do it.
azeroti wrote: 8 months ago
My accessories mule with the "this could be good" stuff. I won't bother pasting the multiple small charm mules 🤣

20230909_102820.jpg
So, I just want to issue a public service announcement regarding the way you are storing these rings and ammys. If those are rares, you are very close to having things "poof" on you. You never want a full "personal stash" and personal inventory space of rare jewelry. If you are going to store that many, store in a shared stash tab, or spread among characters. I made the same mistake a few months ago and had a bunch of nice charms, including a sorc torch, poof on me. Check my previous posts for the discussion, but long story short, there is a known bug that they never fixed, and if you exceed a total number of affixes within a single character's profile, things start to disappear. And rare jewelry is a sure way to hit that limit.
Landros wrote: 8 months ago
if you exceed a total number of affixes within a single character's profile, things start to disappear. And rare jewelry is a sure way to hit that limit.
Thanks for sharing, I had no idea. I'll have to actually spend the time and get through them.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
I ended up buying a 2nd account for mules during one of the big sale days. I keep my rings and ammys in that shared stash tab so they aren't taking up all the space on the shared tabs for my main account.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...