diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
41 replies   3184 views

Description

Description by d2rppa69

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
Hi guys

Ok just updated the main post for hint under part 1 riddle... please read the riddle part 1 hint in detail :)

After this hint, if no one gets it, i guess i will make another event and i will close this event down sometimes tomorrow….

I hope someone will get it or partially gets it.. but once riddle 1 is decoded, riddle 2 makes more sense… the answer to riddle 2 goes with riddle one…

Gl to all

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
At this point, I'll just think aloud, so to say. If this helps anyone else, cool.

Connecting each number N of the given sequence to each sentence gives us several options.

Taking the nth letter of each sentence's nth word, I got LTOEETH, which I rearranged into 'To Lethe,' the Greek river that causes forgetfulness, oblivion, etc. There is also a river Lethe in Alaska, which is in the USA. However, this relies on using the O from One in sentence 3, because the nth word is 'is' and doesn't have a 3rd letter. So, this is likely sunk.

Alternatively, taking the Nth letter of each sentence gives ETTYEDN or ET YE N depending on how the words 'if' and 'it' should be considered given they are 2 letter words in sentences that correspond with the 3s. Which could be 'tent dye' and 'teeny.' Not sure where to go with those though.

Taking the nth letter of the sentence's 'animal word' gives some variety of NAIA and either A or P, depending on using animal or parrot, I or M whether using animal or companion, and E. This is a bit of a mess and I can't tell what to do with it. I'm considering this approach sunk.

Taking the nth letter from the back of each sentence gives NMMTSFL, which has no vowels and must be sunk.

Using the original lines instead of the sentences, there are 3 lines, but then why the hint about 7 numbers, 7 sentences? This must be sunk.

.....still stumped.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
Guys, no need to arrange letters and words

Each letter going in left to right sequence will form something ;

I will explain the answer tomorrow :)

Then you guys will go ‘ahh’.

I hope someone gets this….

Winterkill wrote: 7 months ago
At this point, I'll just think aloud, so to say. If this helps anyone else, cool.

Connecting each number N of the given sequence to each sentence gives us several options.

Taking the nth letter of each sentence's nth word, I got LTOEETH, which I rearranged into 'To Lethe,' the Greek river that causes forgetfulness, oblivion, etc. There is also a river Lethe in Alaska, which is in the USA. However, this relies on using the O from One in sentence 3, because the nth word is 'is' and doesn't have a 3rd letter. So, this is likely sunk.

Alternatively, taking the Nth letter of each sentence gives ETTYEDN or ET YE N depending on how the words 'if' and 'it' should be considered given they are 2 letter words in sentences that correspond with the 3s. Which could be 'tent dye' and 'teeny.' Not sure where to go with those though.

Taking the nth letter of the sentence's 'animal word' gives some variety of NAIA and either A or P, depending on using animal or parrot, I or M whether using animal or companion, and E. This is a bit of a mess and I can't tell what to do with it. I'm considering this approach sunk.

Taking the nth letter from the back of each sentence gives NMMTSFL, which has no vowels and must be sunk.

Using the original lines instead of the sentences, there are 3 lines, but then why the hint about 7 numbers, 7 sentences? This must be sunk.

.....still stumped.
Went through a similar process, glad I hit refresh before writing up the same stuff. I've tried every permutation I can think of (and utilized an online Scrabble dictionary) but can't make it make sense, and that's not even touching the second part yet.

The hints make it seem fairly straightforward but obviously we're missing something? Will the first part make sense on it's own or only with the second part?

So misunderstood, but what's a world without Enigma?
I'm not even going to make a joke this time... I'm stumped.

[Edit]
Can't resist...

So, these three parasitic worms bore into a human's head...
[/Edit]
I think second part leads to September 17. how? given as 8/13 and 6/10 and if we write these fractions in full, we get "Eight Thirteenths" and "Six Tenths" so by combining these, we get "Eight Thirteenths Six Tenths," which sounds like "Eighth Thirteenth Sixteenth" and that day is September 17. You said people in USA might get it so when I checked the September 17 for USA I found September 17,1787 which is the signing date of the United States Constitution but I am but sure how does it lead me to the answer

Edit: I made some wiki grinding(as a fellow d2 player should do) and I found out that there is a term called 'presidential pets' whereas presidents keep pets in the past. So you had written about pets in part1, so the answer might be "Presidential Pets" ?

Edit2: it seem First Lady Martha Washington was a parrot person whereas George Washington was a dog person according to some website I found

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
A bit reassured that others came to the same conclusions as I did on part 1 - lots of info, should be straightforward... is not at all.

I am stuck around something looking like Tea Party, but more Teaptim (first letter of nth word) so kind of fails...

Part 2 is much more blurry as the meaning of the "/" sign is, I suppose, the right thing to look for. I hope something very US-history oriented is not used for all us non-American to get a chance finding.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
TerminusEst wrote: 7 months ago
Winterkill wrote: 7 months ago

.....still stumped.
Went through a similar process, glad I hit refresh before writing up the same stuff. I've tried every permutation I can think of (and utilized an online Scrabble dictionary) but can't make it make sense, and that's not even touching the second part yet.

The hints make it seem fairly straightforward but obviously we're missing something? Will the first part make sense on it's own or only with the second part?
Riddle part 1 makes sense own its own :)

2nd riddle part just completes it, thats all

OP
Hi all,

I will end this event tomorrow at 8:30 pm pacific standard time, U.S

i will then reveal the answer and how the hints work to decode it.

As i said, dont focus on the meaning of riddle, there is no meaning. Focus on the clues…as this is to decode a phrase…

Riddle 1 -The clues of the 7 numbers, 7 sentences. Their order…no need to re-arrange any words to form the phrase…

Riddle 2 - write fractions in full words. It goes well with riddle. If u get riddle one, riddle 2 will be easier as, they both form 1 complete phrase…

Do other countries tip? Or is that just an American thing?

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I am French, and I try hard. Not to any success so far, but well... :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
d2rppa69 wrote: 7 months ago

Riddle 2 - write fractions in full words. It goes well with riddle. If u get riddle one, riddle 2 will be easier as, they both form 1 complete phrase…
Am I not even close with this? I thought I found something :(

Edit: Answer is provided via PM
I give up :(

So misunderstood, but what's a world without Enigma?
Anxious for the explanation! xD

Ladder and Non ladder trades

Timezone: GMT-3
BR HUEHUEHUEHUE
OP
Hi all

Thank you for participating in this event.

It is officially over. Please check original post for winner(s) and answer explanation

Ahhh very fun. Just to clarify, there wasn't any clue regarding the location of the two letters from riddle 2, right? It was get the answer to the 1st riddle, and then find any state abbreviation?
OP
Atomicharmony24 wrote: 7 months ago
Ahhh very fun. Just to clarify, there wasn't any clue regarding the location of the two letters from riddle 2, right? It was get the answer to the 1st riddle, and then find any state abbreviation?
Correct. No clue on locations for the 2 letters for riddle 2, that would make it super easy since its so short. But the ‘write the fractions in full’ should help alot :)

Symdesmosis was able to decode it and told me the right answer :) maybe just luck or he/she really dug deep into my clues and just got it :)

Nec and a few others were on the right track but came up short :(

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Congrats Syndesmosis.
1 beginning meaning 2 middle 3 end was... tough.

And how to know which letters to pick in the fraction ?

Funnily enough, was looking yesterday at US states, wondering if 8/13 could be the 8th of the original 13 colonies - for the record it's South Carolina.

Was fun anyway, thanks for organizing this !

If I may, just for the fun of it and even you can play, or use to determine a second spot for the 1st finder:

" if DOG=8/13,
how is your love?"

(For someone making 1 typo ^^)
Came up with this while searching yours. :)

Annihilus
Thank you so much everyone! I dug up really too much into it after finding 'State Of' and wrote fractions in various ways like;

Eight thirteenth - Eight thirteenths - ate thirteenths

Six tenth- Six tents- sixth sense

And first state that came to my mind was TX after some mixtures

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...