Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   2219 views

Description

I am sick most threads just telling you to wear Enigma. I don't like that rune word. I only wear it on my Bone necro, which I don't like much either :-x
What are your best builds without Enigma?
Naj's Puzzler
to get somewhere e.g. to
Chaos Sanctuary
is legit.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I am sick most threads just telling you to wear Enigma. I don't like that rune word. I only wear it on my Bone necro, which I don't like much either :-x
What are your best builds without Enigma?
Naj's Puzzler
to get somewhere e.g. to
Chaos Sanctuary
is legit.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
My Sin is a Chaos + full
Natalya
sin. She can handle pretty much everything including Ubers (not optimally, granted), and
Dragon Flight
occasionnally serve to go through walls ;)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
My Favourite is Fanazeal, very Standard with Grief + Fortitude. Back then in the days, when i had to wait for Ladder to end i did use
Schaefer's Hammer
of which i'm really fond of until today.

If you want to try something really exotic get yourself a sorc with Passion in a PB and 2x Dream in Shield an
Helm
, ramp up her IAS as much as possible and go full on
Zeal
Sorc (Dracul's for LifeTap / Leech). Since you don't need to invest in Combat Skills, you can put points in defensive Stuff as much as you like:
Lightning Mastery
up to Max,
Energy Shield
and Frost Armor. Str for equip, dex for max-block, screw vita and energy galore

If you combine that with an Infinity Merc her damage is going through the roof.

While Infinity is Useless for cold and wonky for fire at best, against electric immune enemies that thing really shines

electric immune monster are at 100 Lightres Max (always), so nothing that merc can't break.

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
I think I would just recommend going to the runeword pages here and filtering by slot (Item Group) to find some underused combinations. I bet you can find some really silly yet fun stuff that few people use because the overpowered options.

I played this game a ton a million years ago; to me, Enigma makes the game more fun because I don't have to walk back when I get lost in, for example,
Spider Forest
. The above is just me thinking what might be fun way to find fun builds.
full trang summoner w.
Naj's Puzzler
on switch. very cheap and strong
I have several builds that i don't use Enigma. Here are some of them:

1) i really enjoy playing my Dragondin and just using
Charge
to run around. And teleporting using a dragondin is an actually good thing, so you don't miss any drops from monsters that you killed and didn't even see.

2) Fury Druid. I use it on ubers and for boss killing and its a monster. You don't even need Enigma because everything justs dies because you can beat the living &*@&* of any monster.

3)
Frenzy
barbarian. Throw a couple of swings and you can almost fly, running like an ancient greek athlete.

While farming, most of the time i like to clean my way through instead of teleporting and killing only the bosses. I only tele when i really need a
Key
of an essence of some kind. So even with sorceress or Enigma users i don't go teleporting around like crazy.
OP
Dreamersorc and
Whirlwind
Assassin sound fun. Most of the other builds I have already tried and are fun, except Fury Druid Ò_ó

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
Man you need to try a Fury Druid hahahaha is awesome! I guess mine breaks all Increased Attack Speed breakpoints (or at least feels like it), it hits really really fast and have i guess 80% or so of crushing blow. It SHREDS.
OP
What I meant was that I tried Fury Druid and it is not fun. I prefer my
Frenzy
Barb.

Fanazealer is my favorite non-Enigma build. Can
Charge
around pretty quick and actually works well with controller (nice to switch it up when my wrist is getting sore from KB/mouse).

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Freezing Arrow
Amazon and you can run full mavs for it, It is Mana Intensive, it is the only character in the game I actually stat some points into energy for, even in HC but its a lot of fun!

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
In terms of efficiency, Enigma is simply nigh impossible to beat for most builds and situations. Whenever you do something with actual travel distance to cover (which will be most runs/zones), no other chest armor alone will add enough dmg/kill speed to ever make up for the loss of movement speed from not having
Teleport
. Additionally, some builds really do actually need it to perform even remotely as well as they should. Specifically, I'm talking about pet builds here because D2 pet AI remains horrid, meaning you need a means of teleporting to position and control them correctly.

The exception to the above is builds that already move insanely fast (albeit for some zone/density depending) or bring their own
Teleport
. So any sorc, pallies with
Charge
Dragon Flight
sins,
Frenzy
barbs and so on as well as builds tailored for things that don't involve too much
Teleport
-movement anyways such as trav or pindle runners.

That having been said, fun > efficiency. So even knowing that it may slow you down a bit (or a lot), going for something that is more fun (or improves your combat abilities over movement speed) is perfectly viable. Personally, I do use Enigma on basically all non-sorc casters but that's pretty much it. Not bothering with it on my bowzon, smiter/zealer or any barb. Though they do get a metric ton of run speed added instead to at least somewhat make up for the loss in movement.
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago
In terms of efficiency, Enigma is simply nigh impossible to beat for most builds and situations.
While I fully subscribe to this statement i simply couldn't play with Eni on barb or fanazeal without wizard and Spirit in slot 2. The casting speed is atrocious

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
I collected 2 seasons charms with walk/run boost +140 so now my Trang-Oul Poison Necro flying faster than with Enigma :)
My most fun build without Enigma is probably my Fire Claw druid.
Just give a couple of slaps with
Feral Rage
every now and then and you get a very nice run-speed providing you with the mobility needed to have good fun with it (and a very deacent efficency).
I used Chains of Honor on the chest, but there are a lot of options really.

Some other alternatives that I've also had good fun with is:
-Bowazon using Harmony on weapon-swap for mobility and Fortitude on chest.
-Trapsin using
Naj's Puzzler
on weapon-swap for mobility and Treachery on chest.
I view the whole
Teleport
conversation about farming locations versus character builds. For example if I'm running
Baal
, I refuse to play without the
Teleport
skill. However
Pindleskin
?
Teleport
not required I'll play any build in the game happily.
OP
I prefer to just kill stuff instead of effectively farming. When I farm
Baal
, I kill everything in my way.

I like to kill every monster in the way as well, as most drops are looted this way. Even with Enigma, i just
Teleport
mostly to reajust my position or save my merc.
It's too bad about the
Shock Wave
nerf, I really enjoyed that build quite a lot.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
cristobal03 wrote: 7 months ago
It's too bad about the
Shock Wave
nerf, I really enjoyed that build quite a lot.
That might change soon (since the reason for the fix hide also hinted at future implementation...)

And to answeer the OP.. but first i must add > No
Teleport
took away the mobility and w/o mobility takes away half the fun <

anyway i digress.

- The WWS zon (witchy zon using witch wild string)

- The Riftsin

Btw, what happened to brunski ?

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation