Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2568 views

Description

I'm curious which is better between the 2. Obviously certain situations a Tesladin would be better (because tele) but what about for ubers or running Chaos etc? I know Tesladin used to be better but now with Sunder charms I thought running 2 Dreams, Dragon and HOJ would be a pretty big boost. Currently have a Tesladin and can clear most area's solo but I do have some issues with ubers. Ubers are only manageable if I can split all 3 up and even then
Baal
takes forever (honestly need more AR) and wondered if running auradin would help more.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm curious which is better between the 2. Obviously certain situations a Tesladin would be better (because tele) but what about for ubers or running Chaos etc? I know Tesladin used to be better but now with Sunder charms I thought running 2 Dreams, Dragon and HOJ would be a pretty big boost. Currently have a Tesladin and can clear most area's solo but I do have some issues with ubers. Ubers are only manageable if I can split all 3 up and even then
Baal
takes forever (honestly need more AR) and wondered if running auradin would help more.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
Auradin with 1 point smiter works great for ubers with the right gear. When not ubering, this pally runs around with 2x Dragon, hoj, and 2x fire facet CoA.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
A budget smiter can handle ubers fine.

I recommend you keep what you have if you enjoy it and play a smiter just for ubers.
OP
phantomotap wrote: 7 months ago

I recommend you keep what you have if you enjoy it and play a smiter just for ubers.
Yea I know Smiters are top tier for Ubers, I just don't want a Smiter and looking to see if there is a way to get the builds I do want to play to manage Ubers also. As stated I can do it with Tesladin but it takes a while.

~Necrarch
I'm curious too. I have a tesladin on sp and have the runes to make hoj and Dragon armor--will eventually make the shield too. I ran some damage calcs recently, and dragondin definitely does more damage on paper with the level 44 aura applied 3x per pulse/hit. I don't know if 30% more DPS--of basically only fire damage in a sea of fire immunes--is worth it to give up
Teleport
, mixed damage, and excellent leech/survivability with Grief + merc with reaper's toll
OP
marl71 wrote: 7 months ago
I'm curious too. I have a tesladin on sp and have the runes to make hoj and Dragon armor--will eventually make the shield too. I ran some damage calcs recently, and dragondin definitely does more damage on paper with the level 44 aura applied 3x per pulse/hit. I don't know if 30% more DPS--of basically only fire damage in a sea of fire immunes--is worth it to give up
Teleport
, mixed damage, and excellent leech/survivability with Grief + merc with reaper's toll
With sunders I the fire immunes aren't an issue. but I'd like to take 2 Dream and Dragon, HOJ over 2 Dragon and HOJ to split elemental damage and take a sunder for each type.

~Necrarch
Blindfire187 wrote: 7 months ago
With sunders I the fire immunes aren't an issue. but I'd like to take 2 Dream and Dragon, HOJ over 2 Dragon and HOJ to split elemental damage and take a sunder for each type.
But it IS an issue, because
Conviction
applies at 1/5 strength to immunes. That cuts your damage for a lot of monsters--depends on where you farm of course

I can let you know about the mixed setup--I'm just waiting for more details on the next ladder, whether there are any new runewords, before I spend my runes
OP
marl71 wrote: 7 months ago
But it IS an issue, because
Conviction
applies at 1/5 strength to immunes. That cuts your damage for a lot of monsters--depends on where you farm of course

I can let you know about the mixed setup--I'm just waiting for more details on the next ladder, whether there are any new runewords, before I spend my runes
That's true. Let me know how it goes if uou do make it. I'm on NL but don't quite have the runes to make Dragon and HOJ at the moment but I'll save. May make both or make another char, not sure yet.

~Necrarch

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Ubers are only manageable if I can split all 3 up and even then
Baal
I put dracks +
Stormlash
+ goblin toes on my tesla and he does ubers using
Smite
(literary 1 point in it) without any problems at all and it dont take much time , ofc i split them up so meth goes first than
Baal
and diablo, he also uses Enigma

phantomotap wrote: 7 months ago

Yea I know Smiters are top tier for Ubers, I just don't want a Smiter and looking to see if there is a way to get the builds I do want to play to manage Ubers also. As stated I can do it with Tesladin but it takes a while.
but you have one point in
Smite
, do you?

The reason why
Smite
works great is because it does "auto-hits" thus it has a hit chance of 100%. though to be more accurate: it doesn't even check for hits, a mechanic that's almost unique to
Smite
. Assa's
Weapon Block
is the only other skill that works like this and that i can think of now (aside from Spells of course).

I don't think you realistically can get enough AR to get a consistent chance to hit, taking their lvl into account. At best
Baal
still as eleven levels over you which has massive impact on your chance to hit. Much more than his defense (which can be reduced by
Conviction
) in relation to your AR.

Smite
doesn't check for hits and thus is unaffected by the lvl difference

edit:

He's got a blockchance of 55% too so every second hit that would go through gets blocked, another problem that's circumvented for
Smite

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
I play my firedin with Flickering Flame, 2 Dragon and Hand of Justice.

he is a Beast
manu151186 wrote: 7 months ago
I play my firedin with Flickering Flame, 2 Dragon and Hand of Justice.

he is a Beast
Same thing here. You shreds everything. I miss a little bit some Crushing Blow, though, for bosses and ubers. But for general PVM and farming, you can't beat a Dragondin.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...