diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   4796 views

Description

I just found a superior
Archon Plate
with +9% ED and 11% increased durability. Is this worth using a
Larzuk
socket quest on this? Should be a guaranteed 4 sockets for COH or Fortitude. My concern is that the durability will cause this thing to cost a fortune to repair. Anyone have advice on this?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I just found a superior
Archon Plate
Larzuk
socket quest on this? Should be a guaranteed 4 sockets for COH or Fortitude. My concern is that the durability will cause this thing to cost a fortune to repair. Anyone have advice on this?
From what I’ve read, the increased bonus for “Superior” isn’t that great in the grand scheme when compared to the pain of repair costs. But if you wanted to use it I’d suggest stocking up on
Ral
runes to offset the massive costs for repairs. That’s what I did for a superior base COH I made for a
Frenzy
barb.

Bisu 369

PC
TBH repairing cost hasn't been a concern for me ever since having my first functional character.

Necrarch 1611Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I think it's really worth Larzuking it indeed, that's a great base, and if you don't like it someone else will do :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Plenty of gold and loot in the game so you shouldn’t be concerned about repairing costs.
Depending on build. Summoner, ranged attacker and max block builds should not get hit too often.
You can find a bit harder to sell it later because people want non-sup or perfect-sup because of repair cost.

Relax and have fun!
it has 66 durability so totally yes

if it was a
Dusk Shroud
20 durabiity no...
imkincaid wrote: 8 months ago
I just found a superior
Archon Plate
Larzuk
Eventually the socket quest reward will be used on all of one's characters, especially this late in the season. So a more valid and valuable question could be, is it worth rushing a Brand new character to A5 just to socket a valuable item? I would say yes. I've done it many times.
If it means you'll upgrade your character, than it is definitely worth it.

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.
imkincaid wrote: 8 months ago
I just found a superior
Archon Plate
Larzuk
Another option might be you wait till you find a better armor like this one:
Kriss_De_Valnor_ wrote: 8 months ago
Plenty of gold and loot in the game so you shouldn’t be concerned about repairing costs.
Don't even need the gold when the game gives
Ral
runes out like candy.
Over the amount of time it takes for an elite armor to drop from 66 durability to broken, you will find maybe a few dozen
Ral
runes. I don't sweat repairs at all; just throw your chest into your cube real quick when you go to repair.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
DilloniousT wrote: 6 months ago
Ral
runes out like candy.
True but I prefer to trade
Ral
runes for
Ist
runes or craft amulets.
Kriss_De_Valnor_ wrote: 6 months ago
DilloniousT wrote: 6 months ago
Ral
runes out like candy.
True but I prefer to trade
Ral
runes for
Ist
runes or craft amulets.
yeah but those chestpieces can cost over 2mio gold to repair when broken. you could use that to gamble crafting amulets or gamble circlets

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

TheDoo 215

Europe PC
IMHO superior armors aren't worth the repair cost for self use. The actual value you are usually getting out of it being superior is somewhere around 2% hit chance on average (when translated to nominal defense difference) and costs for repairing are abysmal in comparison. Also
Ral
's are far more valuable for trading or crafting than to spend them on constantly repairing your stuff... Not to mention it's fricking annoying to cube it all the time or unequip it every time you want to repair all.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
well if i'm building something expensive as a forti and have a sup archon on stock...

...i mean...

...why not?

With the forti Casting
Chilling Armor
(increasing your defense, thus making you get hit less) it isn't broken every two games. I have a 15/12 on my Zealer and only repaired it once since i've put it on. He's 91 now. I think you're blowing out the endurance out of proportion

Granted, with weapons this sure is different. A Grief BA (for my PvP Smiter back in the days) directly pops into my mind thinking about this but Armor usually doesn't suffer from such a drastic case of wear

My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.

TheDoo 215

Europe PC
Flippy wrote: 6 months ago
well if i'm building something expensive as a forti and have a sup archon on stock...

...i mean...

...why not?

With the forti Casting
Chilling Armor
(increasing your defense, thus making you get hit less) it isn't broken every two games. I have a 15/12 on my Zealer and only repaired it once since i've put it on. He's 91 now.
But with Zealer you already have max block, that 1-2-3% less hit chance is not gonna make any difference. Not to mention defense is getting less and less impactful more you progress (lvl up) because of how AR/hit chance formula works. The biggest benefit you get from Fortitude in superior armor is in 60s and 70s and you can feel some in low 80s a bit after that it falls off drastically (Forti being the best example, other RWs have much less impact overall).

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
The Point with the Defense i was making wasn't aimed at the part of actual losing health. It was aimed at the Armor actually losing durability. It only loses Dura if you get hit, getting more def means getting hit less and in that regard the
Chilling Armor
sure helps a lot. Not so much on Palas but on characters that don't have
Holy Shield
to get Big Boy defense from that. On my Pala that
Chilling Armor
is neglible. I get 2% ctgh less than my Hammerdin while having over 11k more Defense (to what
Chilling Armor
only Accounts to by about 5k)

With that
Chilling Armor
on other Characters it's simply the other side of the coin "Diminishing returns". Getting 5k More on an Ama makes a huge difference

Edit:

Yeah okay, maybe on Amas not so much because of evasion but i think you get the point i'm trying to make

TheDoo 215

Europe PC
That is true Flippy... General benefits still fall off drastically in end-game tho because cLVL vs mLVL being part of AR/hit chance calculations. :) As I already said, you benefit the most from superior armor (higher def) at low-mid lvl ranges from the point you can wear it.

Other thing I have to pinpoint is that usually casters and ranged builds don't even care much for def since, well, they do their things from afar anyway. Now all that being said, I do see people love to wear all sorts of armors, sometimes for the pure looks, sometimes for the sake of wearing the absolute perfections and sometimes just for the benefits/stats.

BiS armors like Forti are popular amongst players even superior ones so even if you end up being unsatisfied with it's results/playstyle you can always sell them and make a new ones again that suits you more and just for that sole reason I would say "go for it". :)

i think you're still don't know where i wanted to go with my defense argument. It was this statement that didn't sit quite right with me:
Also
Ral
's are far more valuable for trading or crafting than to spend them on constantly repairing your stuff...
The amount of
Ral
Runes that will pile up over the course of actually wearing a Forti before it gets broken gets to the size of "huge piles". That's why i've said that you're probably blowing the proportions out of the water. If you go by measures of "every
Ral
counts" that's an somewhat okay statement. But what you've said there gave the impression that you have to repair it every 5-10 games while i've worn my forti from the point i put it on to until i've got to 91 and had to repair it only once.

Even if someone values a
Ral
's worth to high to repair their equipment with it, the actual use of the recipe in practice won't make you anything poorer over the span of the time you're wearing it

Of Course this has exceptions like weapons for example. When i've leveled my Smiter through the Acts back in the days i switched from Grief BA to Grief PB after just half an act because that thing acutally broke constantly

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation