Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   2333 views

Description

I'v made a somewhat specialized
Frenzy
-Barb this ladder, and have been pondering on what would be the best setup for his Merc. Would love to hear some toughts.

My Barb is using Dracul's permanently, so the typical Reaper's Toll is out since the curses can't work together.

My toughts so far are that the options seem to be:

Act 2 w. Might-aura and Pride in weapon.
-Huge bonus to my Barb, but the Merc itself is kinda impotent and also kinda fragile (not getting much sustain from lifeleach or life-tap).

Act 5 and 2x Last Wish for weapons.
-Good bonus to my Barb, and the Merc itself is a tank that won't die. Extremly expensive tough, and not sure if it's worth it.

Act 2 w. Might-aura and Hustle in weapon.
-Deacent bonus to my Barb and the Merc itself is still a lot better than with Pride. The limited range on a lvl 1 aura is a bit anoying tough.

Anyone have any other options I should consider? or any toughts on the ones mentioned above?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'v made a somewhat specialized
Frenzy
-Barb this ladder, and have been pondering on what would be the best setup for his Merc. Would love to hear some toughts.

My Barb is using Dracul's permanently, so the typical Reaper's Toll is out since the curses can't work together.

My toughts so far are that the options seem to be:

Act 2 w. Might-aura and Pride in weapon.
-Huge bonus to my Barb, but the Merc itself is kinda impotent and also kinda fragile (not getting much sustain from lifeleach or life-tap).

Act 5 and 2x Last Wish for weapons.
-Good bonus to my Barb, and the Merc itself is a tank that won't die. Extremly expensive tough, and not sure if it's worth it.

Act 2 w. Might-aura and Hustle in weapon.
-Deacent bonus to my Barb and the Merc itself is still a lot better than with Pride. The limited range on a lvl 1 aura is a bit anoying tough.

Anyone have any other options I should consider? or any toughts on the ones mentioned above?

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
What do you run? Trav, Chaos, Ubers ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
act v
Frenzy
merc w. sazabi s set and Hustle in a
Mythical Sword
!

both of you running around like lunatics
if you go for
Travincal
farming,
Guardian Angel
+
Kira's Guardian
+
The Reaper's Toll
never failed me.

This setup will max out your merc's resistances to very high levels and he will only die to
Conviction
auras.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
@Necrarch I run a bit of everything. I've never been a fan of spezialising to much in where to farm. Get's to repetive and tedious for me.

@krathkor Thx. Interesting suggestion, but even tough speed is fun I think that's costing me too much damage.

@aegis200 The whole point sorta was that Reaper's Toll is not an option.
Goggen wrote: 8 months ago
@Necrarch I run a bit of everything. I've never been a fan of spezialising to much in where to farm. Get's to repetive and tedious for me.

@krathkor Thx. Interesting suggestion, but even tough speed is fun I think that's costing me too much damage.

@aegis200 The whole point sorta was that Reaper's Toll is not an option.
Sorry for not reading properly. Swap the weapon to Breath of the Dying (
Eth
warkpike), the only issue would be against physical immunes, but your Merc will be very sturdy and hit very hard.

Act II mercs still have the Edge with regards to auras, might or
Concentration
may be very good choices.

the 2x Last Wish is too overkill, Grief + Last Wish may work a bit better

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
I ran some dps calculations for you, if it helps

If you just want damage, pride is the way to go. Versus the damage bonus with decrepify from reaper's toll, it's about a 25% dps increase (with a perfect roll). You miss some corpses if you hork, but that's probably not a priority if you are running frenzy. For what it's worth, I've never had a merc survivability issue with pride

Hustle is a damage boost over might alone, but not a boost vs reaper's toll, and the radius of level 1 fanaticism is tiny. You also lose the other useful effects of decrepify. Not a good option

Dual last wish is the middle ground, about a 10% dps boost vs. reaper's toll. Still a good option if you want to prioritize survivability

Another option is a faith merc, which is about a 10% dps loss vs. act 2 might+reaper's toll, but depending on your mysterious build the IAS may or may not be useful
Cheap option is always Obedience for act2 merc (vs botd) but this do not give any boost for barb.

If you consider removing dracul there is also option to use 1 or 2 lawbringers on act 5 merc (higher probability for decripify, and stacked
Sanctuary Aura
is surprisingly good on p1)

And crazy suggestion (probably very bad) is to use Crescent Moon for static on merc act 5
OP
I love crazy suggestions @Szambodiver <3 ... and they're sorta the whole point with these kind of forum-threads in my opinion. I can think of all the standard options on my own.

Also I'm not really sure it is that crazy with Cresent Moon. If I combine it with a single Last Wish that should give more or less the same kind of Might-aura as an Act2 Merc and I wouldn't be surprized if the static on Crescent Moon gives a better effect than the lvl 1 aura on Hustle. It seems to have some potential to me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...