Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   11281 views

Description

Finally finished building a smiter and gathering keys and decided it was time for my first uber run. Went to spawn the portals, ready to go...

And I spawned all three on top of each other... Can only access the matrons den. Sad.

Guess I better go start farming keys again fml

Can be used to make Runewords:

Finally finished building a smiter and gathering keys and decided it was time for my first uber run. Went to spawn the portals, ready to go...

And I spawned all three on top of each other... Can only access the matrons den. Sad.

Ohh no :( sorry to hear. Next time you try, feel free to reach out if you need a backup in standby just in case.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
Did same thing once...

Good luck on keys.
Sad. I had bad misfortune today too, just to make it a bit easier .. first of my 7 characters died in hardcore. Lost a bunch of decent gear. Damn i'm super upset... but i guess i just have to get over the shock and shoulder it, and carry on. 6 characters left.
OP
Taurean wrote: 8 months ago
Sad. I had bad misfortune today too, just to make it a bit easier .. first of my 7 characters died in hardcore. Lost a bunch of decent gear. Damn i'm super upset... but i guess i just have to get over the shock and shoulder it, and carry on. 6 characters left.
That's rough man, what got you?

Things are looking up for me though, the RNG gods heard my sorrows and blessed me an
Ist
from countess and a
Gul
from a specter on b2b runs. My first drop of both runes! Crazy!
OP
Gathered the keys finally and created portals AWAY from each other this time. Bodied the ubers, no problem and got a pretty sweet torch (20/18). My first one and it's not garbage! Lucky! Wish I could say the same about my first anni lol.

Now I just need to make a barb to fully utilize it!
Budster565 wrote: 8 months ago
That's rough man, what got you?

Things are looking up for me though, the RNG gods heard my sorrows and blessed me an
Ist
from countess and a
Gul
from a specter on b2b runs. My first drop of both runes! Crazy!
A bit mentally unprepared.. just got into hell mode. First 6 characters did okay doing
Den of Evil
. Last character out, necromancer, which i usually use as a "plough" for the acts, so the others can run through, got to the waypoint in
Cold Plains
. Was just starting out, and got jumped by a pack of dark spearwomen with very nasty mods... which mowed down my merc, 3200 hit point
Clay Golem
and 5 skeletons within 2 seconds, and just in that moment i was looking at my second screen.. next second they were on me, i was frantically pressing 1-4 to use rejuv pots, but again, in that exact second, my keyboard malfunctions, which it does whenever i move it about 2 cm which i occasionally do just before starting out ^^ 1 second later i'm dead. Took 2-3 hits from 800 hit points down to 0... so they must have had extra strong extra fast at least. When pressing escape to exit the screen 2 seconds later, of course NOW my keyboard works ^^ Thanks a lot, destiny, lol.

Glad to read you're back in a bit of luck. That gives me hope too ^^ I'll just get right back on it with the other 6 characters. I think the poison javazon will be the next "plough" now .. the
Valkyrie
is an excellent tank. Good to read about your torch find too. That's a damn good roll.
Always spawn the three portals with a good distance between them, and in the same game. I've seen people often asking to trade single organs because they did only one or two portals in the game, only to realize the portals are random when not opened together. Once you collected the organs, you can do
Uber Tristram
later if you want, no problem.
It is also a good way to open the next portal not until the organ of the current portal is collected. So if the game crashes or you will be disconnected you don't loose all the keys.

Timezone GMT +1

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
. Check my WTB stash!

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
dejavue wrote: 8 months ago
It is also a good way to open the next portal not until the organ of the current portal is collected. So if the game crashes or you will be disconnected you don't loose all the keys.
You actually have a fair bit of time to get back into the game if you crash or disconnect. The (empty) game will stay up for several minutes and can be rejoined*. Just do not create/join another game on the same region first, as that will trigger the server to immediately close the old game (if it's empty). Rejoining is of course much easier if you use the lobby with your own game name and password. IMO one should always use the lobby when doing Ubers, for this particular reason. It helps if you happen to die too - you can just exit/rejoin upon Death (so that your body will be back in town).

* I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for a game to disappear, but I've been able to rejoin games after complete PC freezes/crashes. I've also on many occasions been in a game on one region, switched over to another region for a trade, only to come back to the original region a couple of minutes later and find that my game is still up despite being empty.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 8 months ago
dejavue wrote: 8 months ago
You actually have a fair bit of time to get back into the game if you crash or disconnect. The (empty) game will stay up for several minutes and can be rejoined*. Just do not create/join another game on the same region first, as that will trigger the server to immediately close the old game (if it's empty). Rejoining is of course much easier if you use the lobby with your own game name and password. IMO one should always use the lobby when doing Ubers for this particular reason. It helps if you happen to die too - you can just exit/rejoin upon Death (so that your body will be back in town).

* I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for a game to disappear, but I've been able to rejoin games after complete PC freezes/crashes. I've also on many occasions been in a game on one region, switched over to another region for a trade, only to come back to the original region a couple of minutes later and find that my game is still up despite being empty.
Yep, this is a good hint and combining both approaches should be very safe.

Timezone GMT +1

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
. Check my WTB stash!
Budster565 wrote: 8 months ago

My usual uber portals placement.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...