Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   10661 views

Description

This started ~ two weeks ago when creating a new game. What is going on? Am I alone?

Can be used to make Runewords:

This started ~ two weeks ago when creating a new game. What is going on? Am I alone?

mhlg 863

Americas PC
No I've received the message before. Mostly on the days leading up to the release of
D4. I suspect Blizzard has repurposed a lot of D2r servers to D4 servers. Where do you live? The U.S east coast seems to have gotten the worst of it.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
mhlg wrote: 10 months ago
No I've received the message before. Mostly on the days leading up to the release of
D4. I suspect Blizzard has repurposed a lot of D2r servers to D4 servers. Where do you live? The U.S east coast seems to have gotten the worst of it.
NYC. So I guess that makes me feel 'better'.
Is this when you create a game or try to join one that already exists? I've noticed that sometimes I will get this message when I create a game, and if I try to create another game, I get the same message. But if instead of creating another game, I join the 1st game I created instead, then I will actually be able to join the game that way.

mhlg 863

Americas PC
two weeks ago when creating a new game.
When creating a game.

Joining a game that's in progress that isn't filled shouldn't be an issue.

OP
mhlg wrote: 10 months ago
two weeks ago when creating a new game.
When creating a game.

Joining a game that's in progress that isn't filled shouldn't be an issue.
Exactly, issue only occurs for me upon game creation. I mostly play online SP so don't think I know how to join the phantom game I previously failed to create lol.
Can you name a game in single player, or can you only create a game that has a random number? If you can name it, you should be able to join it even after exiting the game (or getting dropped from the phantom game) . I would be naming my games anyway so just in case you disconnect, you can get back into the same game.
OP
Landros wrote: 10 months ago
Can you name a game in single player, or can you only create a game that has a random number? If you can name it, you should be able to join it even after exiting the game (or getting dropped from the phantom game) . I would be naming my games anyway so just in case you disconnect, you can get back into the same game.
I rarely get more than two 'failed to join game' in a row. So typically I just create a new one right away and it works. Just frustrating.
Same thing is happening to me. I hate blizzard they don’t want us playing D2R obviously. It’s so annoying. After a few tries I get in. But it’s a 30 second wait each time. I’m done with blizzard
OP
NormMcdonald wrote: 10 months ago
Same thing is happening to me. I hate blizzard they don’t want us playing D2R obviously. It’s so annoying. After a few tries I get in. But it’s a 30 second wait each time. I’m done with blizzard
Unfortunately still have the issue too. Makes me a sad panda =(
First time logging into D2 after about a month and just got hit with this very first attempt at creating a game.. 2nd attempt worked, but man.. 30-60 seconds of extra loading screens could add up quick with Trav runs.. Not good!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I got 6 in a row tonight, it gets worse on weekends. It ain't gonna change my mind on Blizzard, they are just a bunch of crooks. No D4 for me, no money for you greedy bandits!

I'd rather play a great game for ever than a thousand new lousy games and stupid seasons. Their games now feels like doing dishes...

Always got some
Ist
in my stash add me and we'll trade some more later.
OP
M@tl0ck wrote: 8 months ago
I got 6 in a row tonight, it gets worse on weekends. It ain't gonna change my mind on Blizzard, they are just a bunch of crooks. No D4 for me, no money for you greedy bandits!

I'd rather play a great game for ever than a thousand new lousy games and stupid seasons. Their games now feels like doing dishes...
Still getting this error as well. Sucks man :(
I had to start using Europe as my region and the problem went away. Only seems to happen for Americas in my case..

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

mhlg 863

Americas PC
I just got it 3 times while doing a one hour
Travincal
TZ run. Sometimes it's "Failed to Join Game," and at other times it's a "connection interrupted" message.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...