Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   3198 views

Description

Several D2 sites all seem to agree on how expensive Strafezons builds are. I recently had a 161 ED
Witchwild String
drop. After a review of its stats I decided to test it out. I have an all purpose reusable level 83 Zon which I use to test the performance of bows and javelins. The Witchwild fires level 20 magic
Arrows
which I use on my right mouse button, but I was more interested in its 2% chance to proc lvl 5
Amplify Damage
, and its +1 per lvl Deadly Strike, and the two open sockets. The 40% to all resistance is also a nice touch.

The weapon physical damage isn’t all that impressive but add
Amplify Damage
and Deadly strike and it does some serious damage to mobs even in act 5 Hell level. I wish I had captured a video of when I was in the
Crystalline Passage
and encountered a mob of duel wielding physically immune Blood Lords including 4 champions, some minions, and their boss. I was able to quickly divide them and take them down in about a minute without losing my mercenary.

The capture is the 10th Chaos run I did in a row.

The bows native stats are below.

“150-170% Enhanced Damage (32-35) to (75-81)
Fires Magic
Arrows
[Level 20]
2% Chance To Cast Level 5
Amplify Damage
On Striking
+1-99 % Deadly Strike (+1 Per Character Level)
All Resistances +40
Socketed (2)” Diablo Wiki

Items I’m using include Guillaumes face with 15 IAS Jewel, Fortitude armor, 20% IAS
Blood Gloves
, Gore Riders, 10% IAS Nostferatu’s coil,
Raven Frost
, a rare ring with 5% ML, and Atama’s Scarab. The Witchwild was upped to a
Diamond Bow
. The two sockets are filled with a
Shael
and a 39% ED +9 to minimum damage Jewel. The breakpoints for the bow is 56% IAS, I have 65 IAS total. I also have 60% CB, and 10% Open Wounds. The only expensive item in the build is the
Lo
rune in the Fortitude.

Description by mhlg

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Several D2 sites all seem to agree on how expensive Strafezons builds are. I recently had a 161 ED
Witchwild String
drop. After a review of its stats I decided to test it out. I have an all purpose reusable level 83 Zon which I use to test the performance of bows and javelins. The Witchwild fires level 20 magic
Arrows
which I use on my right mouse button, but I was more interested in its 2% chance to proc lvl 5
Amplify Damage
, and its +1 per lvl Deadly Strike, and the two open sockets. The 40% to all resistance is also a nice touch.

The weapon physical damage isn’t all that impressive but add
Amplify Damage
and Deadly strike and it does some serious damage to mobs even in act 5 Hell level. I wish I had captured a video of when I was in the
Crystalline Passage
and encountered a mob of duel wielding physically immune Blood Lords including 4 champions, some minions, and their boss. I was able to quickly divide them and take them down in about a minute without losing my mercenary.

The capture is the 10th Chaos run I did in a row.

The bows native stats are below.

“150-170% Enhanced Damage (32-35) to (75-81)
Fires Magic
Arrows
[Level 20]
2% Chance To Cast Level 5
Amplify Damage
On Striking
+1-99 % Deadly Strike (+1 Per Character Level)
All Resistances +40
Socketed (2)” Diablo Wiki

Items I’m using include Guillaumes face with 15 IAS Jewel, Fortitude armor, 20% IAS
Blood Gloves
, Gore Riders, 10% IAS Nostferatu’s coil,
Raven Frost
, a rare ring with 5% ML, and Atama’s Scarab. The Witchwild was upped to a
Diamond Bow
. The two sockets are filled with a
Shael
and a 39% ED +9 to minimum damage Jewel. The breakpoints for the bow is 56% IAS, I have 65 IAS total. I also have 60% CB, and 10% Open Wounds. The only expensive item in the build is the
Lo
rune in the Fortitude.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Nice to see some love for the Bowas 👍🏼
Ya witchwild is a pretty good bow, underrated IMO for levelling.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Diablo goes down, BLING, level goes up. I loved that LOL.

I like witchwild and used a lot myself on my bowazon. I'm not currently using because my merc can proc
Decrepify
, but it is still a solid bow.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
luizgeo wrote: 10 months ago
Diablo goes down, BLING, level goes up. I loved that LOL.

I like witchwild and used a lot myself on my bowazon. I'm not currently using because my merc can proc
Decrepify
, but it is still a solid bow.
My merc is also using a Reaper's, it never hurts to have a backup because amplify works best on mobs. Amplify does a -100 reduction to physical resistance vs
Decrepify
which does a -50%. Even though Witchwild's amplify only has a 2% chance to proc, on a Strafezon hitting breakpoints it's still going to proc often. Also since it 's level 5 amplify it increases the damage area to a 4.6 yard radius with a 20 second duration of Destruction, and it rately takes 20 seconds to proc in a mob. When it procs it turns my merc and Valk into a destructive force that mows down mobs at a speed that
Decrepify
can't match. This makes in my view Atama's Scarab a necessity for any Strafezon hitting breakpoints.

Omg I actually kept my old one from when I was levelling before ladders. I put a
Shael
and a 15%ias jewel in. The things you do when levelling.

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 10 months ago
Omg I actually kept my old one from when I was levelling before ladders. I put a
Shael
and a 15%ias jewel in. The things you do when levelling.
I've found a couple and probably dropped them off in a for free game. As it turns out the bow is more than just a leveling tool, it's a pretty good farming tool for Hell level including Chaos, and that's how you get all the really good stuff. I started to double
Shael
the one I have now and then decided not to since with a single
Shael
I have 65% IAS and its breakpoints according to IAS calculators are 56%. Upgrade it to a
Diamond Bow
and go give Chaos a go. :D

I use WWS and it is an endgame tool for my strafazon.

Keeps things interesting, not so Easy Button to the rest of goto runewords that was OP too.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Skaijuice wrote: 10 months ago
I use WWS and it is an endgame tool for my strafazon.

Keeps things interesting, not so Easy Button to the rest of goto runewords that was OP too.
It is in fact an endgame weapon for a Strafezon (mutishot untested). I've done more than two dozen Chaos runs without much difficulty, then went on to act 5, cleaned everything all the way to the Ancients, and then it quickly took down the Ancients. So yes people, you can solo the Ancients in Hell with this build. From there I went on to kill
Baal
, and I haven't had a single Death since I started testing the bow and I've probably used less than a half dozen rejuvs. I have every major physical bow in the game including a Windorce and perfect Faith and this bow with the right stuff is easily in the top tier group.

Edit: Add a Hell level TZ Cows to the group and still no deaths.

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I think this answers the question "can I kill D-Clone" with a
Witchwild String
bow. I was farming
The Countess
for a
Lum
rune I need when no sooner did I enter level 5, the room started shaking and the message "Diablo Has Invaded the Sanctuary" popped up. Now D-Clone had clearly taken a wrong turn somewhere because this was no where near the Sanctuary and I wasn't expecting him, but however confused and lost he was nonetheless here, and so I dealt with it to finally get that 13/12/6 anni I always wanted. :D

I think this build might be faster taking down D-Clone then my premium build wielding a perfect Faith and
Windforce
. So the difference has got to be the 60% crushing blow and 100% deadly strike.

Crushing blow and
Strafe
is absolutely deadly on bosses. Even though only 4 or 5
Arrows
of each volley have a chance to hit because of next hit delay.

the options...

puts on think
Cap

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Skaijuice wrote: 8 months ago
the options...

puts on think
Cap

image.png
Shael
+
Eth
for hitting FPA breakpoints and decreased target defense. I found
Amplify Damage
procced far more often with the target defense reduction.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Amplify Damage
procced far more often with the target defense reduction.
Amplify Damage
casts on striking so the more you strike in a given frame of time the more it will cast. So any skill that insures more hits will increase the likelihood of it casting. In the video I'm also using Atama's Scarab which has a 5% chance of casting level 3 amplify in a radius of 3.3 yards for 14 seconds, and the Witchwild has a 2% chance of casting level 5 amplify in a radius of 4.6 yards for 20 seconds. Having both will increase the odds of one of them casting. The
Strafe
breakpoints are 56% IAS for my setup and I had 65%. So I'm casting amplify faster than the time it takes for it to decay. In your setup arget defense reduction will insure fewer misses so yes, I can see how it would help, especially if the Witchwild is your only
Amplify Damage
source.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...