Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   1696 views

Description

So I just logged onto my fire Druid, saw cows was terrorized, thought I’d do some farming on my
Nova
sorc.

So I put my anni and cta in my shared stash, oh I also noticed the game was a bit laggy so I restart the program before logging into my sorc… now the cta and anni are gone…

W T F

I tried restarting a couple times…nothing

I haven’t messed with my console’s clock for like a month… grr

I even tried to set the clock back to access an older saved file, maybe get them back that way… nothing

The whole point for playing offline was to keep this from happening

I think this might be the end of my d2r playing, I technically could just make another cta and use another soj to get another anni, but damn
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 549

Switch
So I just logged onto my fire Druid, saw cows was terrorized, thought I’d do some farming on my
Nova
sorc.

So I put my anni and cta in my shared stash, oh I also noticed the game was a bit laggy so I restart the program before logging into my sorc… now the cta and anni are gone…

W T F

I tried restarting a couple times…nothing

I haven’t messed with my console’s clock for like a month… grr

I even tried to set the clock back to access an older saved file, maybe get them back that way… nothing

The whole point for playing offline was to keep this from happening

I think this might be the end of my d2r playing, I technically could just make another cta and use another soj to get another anni, but damn
that bug from last year apparently affected offline and online , haas it been fixed?
forums/d2r-bug-deletes-your-items-t562910.html
That is rough. Sorry to hear. If only there was a way to import save files from PC to console..

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

Nate 549

Switch
Yea it may have been due to internet connectivity or quickly transferring items to the shared stash and restarting before the game auto saves… but damn

Just glad it wasn’t something like my Enigma or Infinity… then I really woulda went into rage mode

Well tears of the kingdom will be out soon, and I was probably going to reduce d2r playing anyways, plus unless something major changes in upcoming patches I’m still overall happy with everything I’ve done in d2r
The funny thing is that in the previous patch notes, it read as if the 8 KB local stash problem was addressed, but a closer look suggested that they applied the "fix" to the wrong stash—the shared stash which didn't have a low memory limit.

What happened to Nate here doesn't quite sound like the same thing. The shared stash is supposed to be the safe haven. This occurrence is more similar to how I lost a 5/6/4 CTA due to a laggy game, and I still claim that I might have duped a quiver of
Arrows
in the process because I was trying to negotiate weapon switching between three weapons in a game that was seeing extreme lag spikes due to what I later discovered was my connection. I feel like Battle.net detected that and just reverted the character to a previous save, but not all of it.

At the end of the previous game, I had CTA and Spirit in weapon slot 2, but upon starting the next game, I ended up with only a quiver in slot 2 and Harmony was inside the cube, which makes no sense at all. At this point, I no longer remember if there was another quiver in the cube, which if so, meant the slot 2 quiver was duped. Spirit was in my inventory, CTA was gone, and thankfully nothing happened to slot 1 or the 15/2 superior Faith (or its quiver 🙄).

That's the last time I ever used CTA on my bowazon, and despite trading for another 5/6/4 CTA, it was more about not accepting the game making an item I personally rolled just disappear.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
The funny thing is that in the previous patch notes, it read as if the 8 KB local stash problem was addressed, but a closer look suggested that they applied the "fix" to the wrong stash—the shared stash which didn't have a low memory limit.
Fairly certain that was entirely unrelated (or..semi-related) and not intended to fix the "disappearing items on overrun" bug so much as it was to address the "post-season dupe marathon!" bug, seeing how the mechanics for that one were made public shortly before said patch.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Fairly certain that was entirely unrelated (or..semi-related) and not intended to fix the "disappearing items on overrun" bug so much as it was to address the "post-season dupe marathon!" bug, seeing how the mechanics for that one were made public shortly before said patch.
That makes sense. I remember that exploit now.

Guess it's too much to ask of these guys to fix actual game-breaking bugs rather than cover their asses, even when the issues are adjacent to each other in nature.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

mhlg 948

Americas PC
Since Blizzard's recent releases, largely D4, servers have become much slower everywhere. So much slower that my Uber Keys have been building up because the last thing I want to do is open 3 portals and then get disconnected. I have Fiber Optics which is fast and isn't affected by the ups and downs of bandwidth that affect cable connections. Thinking it might be an eastern server issue I used a fast VPN that has me loading on west coast servers and the load times were still slow. So packet loss is quite possible.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Since Blizzard's recent releases, largely D4, servers have become much slower everywhere. So much slower that my Uber Keys have been building up because the last thing I want to do is open 3 portals and then get disconnected. I have Fiber Optics which is fast and isn't affected by the ups and downs of bandwidth that affect cable connections. Thinking it might be an eastern server issue I used a fast VPN that has me loading on west coast servers and the load times were still slow. So packet loss is quite possible.
Maybe its a problem in your region? I have no problems with the servers at all. Everything is green as always (50k Cable/Germany).

mhlg 948

Americas PC
Greys_Prey wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Maybe its a problem in your region? I have no problems with the servers at all. Everything is green as always (50k Cable/Germany).
It's possible a lot more games sell earlier and quicker in the Americas than they do in Europe or Asia. What I do know is that before the release of D4, I experienced no lag and everything was green here too. I'm not the only one experiencing some lag, especially during peak hours, and the lag began right on the release of D4. Coincidence? Anything's possible.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Release of D4 isn't until June though. And afaik there is no pre-download either so even that can't interfere.

Unless you're talking about the open beta but that, too is long done and not interfering with anything.

Blizz servers going through phases of "exceptional brokenness" (even by Blizz standards) is nothing new and happens on and off throughout their games' lifetime. Sometimes globally. Sometimes regions. Sometimes specific sub-servers. As a result, certain folks (geographies) may be more affected than others. I know a few folks complaining about the same thing as you as of late. At the same time, Asia is more reliably bugged than ever before (esp. with regards to dclone counters/messages). And yet for most folks (myself included) performance/latency is basically the same as always.

Doesn't mean "D4 broke it", they've killed the servers a few times well before any first D4 beta was on the horizon. It merely means they're bad at server maintenance. And scaling. And bug-fixing. And optimizing. And communication. And...well, the list goes on.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

mhlg 948

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Release of D4 isn't until June though. And afaik there is no pre-download either so even that can't interfere.

Unless you're talking about the open beta but that, too is long done and not interfering with anything.

Blizz servers going through phases of "exceptional brokenness" (even by Blizz standards) is nothing new and happens on and off throughout their games' lifetime. Sometimes globally. Sometimes regions. Sometimes specific sub-servers. As a result, certain folks (geographies) may be more affected than others. I know a few folks complaining about the same thing as you as of late. At the same time, Asia is more reliably bugged than ever before (esp. with regards to dclone counters/messages). And yet for most folks (myself included) performance/latency is basically the same as always.

Doesn't mean "D4 broke it", they've killed the servers a few times well before any first D4 beta was on the horizon. It merely means they're bad at server maintenance. And scaling. And bug-fixing. And optimizing. And communication. And...well, the list goes on.
Since I haven't purchased D4, I'm really not certain of its release date and I just assumed that downloads were causing the issue, and Blizzard's push to sell D4 brought that to the forefront of my thoughts. That being said, I've never experienced consistent slowdowns with D2r like those I've experienced recently, and to me that suggests Blizzard's servers are being taxed. It could be something people are downloading since a single download will use up far more bandwidth than that used by several players. It could also be that servers are being readied for downloads. Adding to the thought is Blizzard's decision to shorten ladder season 3, and my skepticism about the recent DDOS attacks which to me sounded like a convenient excuse.

Perhaps Blizzard is just readying the servers?

https://blizzardwatch.com/2023/04/20/di ... beta-test/

OP

Nate 549

Switch
So I did log back on for a bit today, sold my spare soj and got a decent anni (forgot to put the players setting down to 1 so it took a while for my smiter to kill dclone, but got it done)

Farmed cows for a bit, no crazy finds but got a new cta base, then tried to log onto another characters for some transfers…and couldn’t access a number of my characters…weird… so I restarted to game … and everything I did in the last session was lost… the game reverted back to a previous file…stuff that was lost is still lost and nothing new was there.

W T F

The program must be corrupted or something

While I wasn’t going to do big farming sessions like I did before, I was still going to sit down for a bit and play from time to time, but not now, not if anything I do or find just won’t last more than during that specific session… damn

I guess all good things must come to an end
scan and repair?
PC launcher has this option
OP

Nate 549

Switch
I’m on console - Nintendo switch,

I suppose I could delete and reinstall, but if I’m just going to start back from square 1 I’ll wait until a future patch makes some more notable changes, then maybe I’ll try playing on ladder.
Im not a expert in such things, but could it be a damaged part on the harddrive from the switch? Or corrupted D2R data. Would definitive try to reinstall. Do you use cable or w-lan? Maybe connection issues. Could be everything. If there is no other one asking for help with the same problem in the blizzard forums with switch, i dont think a patch will fix this (could be possible, but i have doubts).

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
No clue about consoles these days but since they're basically just pre-configured, limited PCs by now..do you not get a file explorer on them at all?

If you do, it should be simple enough to pull/restore a backup of the save files you need.

___
OP

Nate 549

Switch
I think technically I could plug it into a computer and access files on it that way. Problem is I don’t have a computer these days, went to iPad a while back, so options like that aren’t something I can do anymore. Don’t know if 10 year old me would believe me if I described our world to him, haha

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation