Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1394 views

Description

Hey guys, I was playing through the jail, terrorized level 87 and the gargoyle traps col immunity was not removed. Anyone seen this before, or know why its like that?

If it was a calculation like how
Lower Resist
and
Conviction
work then I would just assume their resistance was just too high, but I though sunder charms were a flat set point.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys, I was playing through the jail, terrorized level 87 and the gargoyle traps col immunity was not removed. Anyone seen this before, or know why its like that?

If it was a calculation like how
Lower Resist
and
Conviction
work then I would just assume their resistance was just too high, but I though sunder charms were a flat set point.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Aye, traps (or "immovables") take res to a whole new level and spawn with 1k of it.

For some reason, sunders apparently can't handle that. Be that by design or because blizz forgot there is something in the game that can go beyond 3-digit res...who knows.

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
I think it might be because gargoyle traps aren't classified as monsters

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Aye, traps (or "immovables") take res to a whole new level and spawn with 1k of it.

For some reason, sunders apparently can't handle that. Be that by design or because blizz forgot there is something in the game that can go beyond 3-digit res...who knows.
So I took that and checked, and yes it is 1000 res lol. I would have imagined in the code they would have a toggle like "if sunder charm = yes then max res +95" or whatever, but maybe it does have something to do with the 4 digits lol.

It does say monster immunity on sunder charms..

just a question of what counts as a monster, personally i would not call a trap a monster.
The way sunders work is they have a stat called "
Pierce
-immunity-x" (x being the specified immunity) set at 300 (as seen in uniqueitems.txt). "
Pierce
-immunity-x" works by reducing a monsters resistance until it reaches a floor of 95, so sunder charms can break the immunity of any monster up to 399 resistance (399 - 300 = 99), 400+ is unbreakable.

As mentioned above gargoyles have 1000 cold resistance so can't be broken by cold sunders, similarly barricades/doors in Act 5 have 1000 poison resistance so can't be broken by poison sunders.
OP
Cool, thanks for that.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...