Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   3231 views

Description

Hello,

Seeing that these days the Assassin's Traps are affected by the - enemy res mod I am curious about its mechanisms.

If I would use Crescent Moon when laying the traps, are they still affected by the mod after I switch my weapons?

Thanks in advance!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

Seeing that these days the Assassin's Traps are affected by the - enemy res mod I am curious about its mechanisms.

If I would use Crescent Moon when laying the traps, are they still affected by the mod after I switch my weapons?

Thanks in advance!

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
A few posts before yours this discussion occurred :

forums/cresant-moon-vs-spirit-sword-t1285704.html

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Not 100% sure, but I think you'll lose the -enemy res mod.

Anyway, you'll most likely have a cta on switch at some points, so having 3 different weapon seems like it would be tedious.

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511

ShadowHeart 1745Moderator

Europe PC
The -enemy res should only count if you still have that weapon as your current swap at the time that the damage is done to the enemies. So, swapping out of Crescent Moon would lose you the benefit of -enemy res.

I think it might make more sense to lay traps with a weapon setup with lots of +skills to get the highest level traps you can, and then immediately swap to a weapon setup with -enemy res to maximize the trap damage (or +lightning damage, like with Mosaic). But that takes some microing, and it foregoes the use of CtA, of course, 3 weapon setups would be extremely tedious (IMO). Unless one had a secondary account with a dedicated BO barb, some people do that :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thank you all for your replies! So my idea doesn't work then, to Switch to my main
Blade Fury
weapon after laying traps.

And good to know that the traps will still be affected by using weapon/shield switch with higher skills :)
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
The -enemy res should only count if you still have that weapon as your current swap at the time that the damage is done to the enemies. So, swapping out of Crescent Moon would lose you the benefit of -enemy res.

I think it might make more sense to lay traps with a weapon setup with lots of +skills to get the highest level traps you can, and then immediately swap to a weapon setup with -enemy res to maximize the trap damage (or +lightning damage, like with Mosaic). But that takes some microing, and it foregoes the use of CtA, of course, 3 weapon setups would be extremely tedious (IMO). Unless one had a secondary account with a dedicated BO barb, some people do that :P
So as I understand, -enemy res does not stay intact when switching weapons, but +elemental dmg does.

Am I getting this right?

ShadowHeart 1745Moderator

Europe PC
For traps, no, not as far as I know.

+skill damage only applies when the projectile is created, so for traps that are placed and which generate projectiles by themselves (lightning
Bolts
, for example), only whatever +skill damage you have at the time the projectile is created counts. Hydras should be the same for that matter, I think. So with Mosaic, which has +lightning skill damage, you need to have it as your current weapon swap to affect the lightning
Bolts
shot by
Lightning Sentry

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
For traps, no, not as far as I know.

+skill damage only applies when the projectile is created, so for traps that are placed and which generate projectiles by themselves (lightning
Bolts
, for example), only whatever +skill damage you have at the time the projectile is created counts. Hydras should be the same for that matter, I think. So with Mosaic, which has +lightning skill damage, you need to have it as your current weapon swap to affect the lightning
Bolts
shot by
Lightning Sentry

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me :)
Oh, I read it wrong then, but I get it now, thanks friend!
I still don‘t understand it. My girl Trapocalypse gets along fine with
Death Sentry
for the lightning immunes. Merc gets First kill,
Death Sentry
does it‘s job…
OP
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
Death Sentry
Death Sentry
does it‘s job…
Lol, well, now I am confused, what is it that you don't understand? :P
Jkeemss wrote: 1 year ago
Death Sentry
Death Sentry
does it‘s job…
Lol, well, now I am confused, what is it that you don't understand? :P
Why there would be a need for Crescent Moon?
OP
For the -35 enemy lightning resistances. Talking about the runeword, not the amulet :)

I was wanting to know if the - ELR would still be applied if I lay down traps with CM and then switch it out for my main
Blade Fury
weapon.

It doesn't work that way, but gearing up the secondary slots with +skills would however still apply, so that would be a better choice.

You don't NEED it. But you'll kill faster.

Against immunes, you say your merc does the first kill, but slower than you can do. And your
Death Sentry
won't kill everything with just one corpse.
With a Light Sunder and Crescent Moon, you'll do the firstS killS faster than your merc.

And you'll killl non-immune faster too.

In most of cases, (I'm pretty sure) you'll kill everything faster with a Crescent Moon than with + skills weapon. Even faster with an Infinity on your Merc.

You kill everything faster, you go faster, you farm faster, it's better ! :P
Okay, I‘ll give it a try. :-)
OP
Yeah man, you should try it!
Blade Fury
kicks ass in combination with LS, or even by itself.

It also works very well for leeching up all that precious mana that the traps drain.

Put some Knockback gear on and the enemies won't even come close to you.

Even Crushing Blow works, so you can take on Ubers.

And in case you weren't aware, you can use Ethereal weapons as no durability is depleted.

Careful with that
Blade Shield
though because that will drain your durability :)
Got CM and will probably be able to try it tomorrow. What would you suggest as a good area to try?
Keep in mind I have no sunder and no Infinity.
Got CM and will probably be able to try it tomorrow. What would you suggest as a good area to try?
Keep in mind I have no sunder and no Infinity.
Since you don't have a Sunder...Cows ? ^^

What is your alternative weapon ?
What's the rest of your equipment ?
What number of players are you playing more often ? P1...P8 ?
Sephi9 wrote: 1 year ago

What is your alternative weapon ?
What's the rest of your equipment ?
What number of players are you playing more often ? P1...P8 ?
I usually play online alone, so that would be p1.

Equipment:
Treachery,
Magefist
, Thundergods, Natalyas
Boots
The rest magic stuff:

With a Light Sunder and Crescent Moon, you'll do the firstS killS faster than your merc.
Must be the missing light sunder then. Just tried
River of Flame
with cs. After my merc died I went back to town, put ion my oeriginal gear and cleared thr rof whereas before I had trouble staying alive. :-)

Must be the missing light sunder then. Just tried
River of Flame
with cs. After my merc died I went back to town, put ion my oeriginal gear and cleared thr rof whereas before I had trouble staying alive. :-)
Just by changing your 2
Claws
with CM + Spirit ?
I don't understand too... Even without sunder or Infinity in River or CS you should be faster. What's your build ? Max
Lightning Sentry
+
Death Sentry
+ synergies, right ?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation