Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   3204 views

Is "magic damage reduced by X" viable for a Trav Merc?

No data yet

Description

Hey, I want to switch my typical merc build for my Horker, since GA / Kira / Reapers is boring and I want to use something else.

So I thought I'd give my Gladiators Bane a chance and go for "magic damage reduced by X" to survive the Hydras. Items I want to use to reach a High survivability are:
He get to all res 75 and has some decent phys. damage reduction and leech.... But how much mdr does he need to survive the Hydras?

I could use
Mal
runes (7 mdr) on all 3 sockets to get 41 mdr over all. Does he really need that much?

Do you have expirience with such a merc?
I could not find much information about the
Hydra
damage or level.... and I'm not sure about the damage calculation for merc, since I didn't care much about mdr.

Any input is welcome :)
Description by Thetameter

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey, I want to switch my typical merc build for my Horker, since GA / Kira / Reapers is boring and I want to use something else.

So I thought I'd give my Gladiators Bane a chance and go for "magic damage reduced by X" to survive the Hydras. Items I want to use to reach a High survivability are:
He get to all res 75 and has some decent phys. damage reduction and leech.... But how much mdr does he need to survive the Hydras?

I could use
Mal
runes (7 mdr) on all 3 sockets to get 41 mdr over all. Does he really need that much?

Do you have expirience with such a merc?
I could not find much information about the
Hydra
damage or level.... and I'm not sure about the damage calculation for merc, since I didn't care much about mdr.

Any input is welcome :)
I am running an
Eth
bane and an unsocketed CoA on my horker merc (+ Insight as a weapon).
He pretty much instantly kicks the bucket even with BO, once hydras get going.

Afaik, mercs take 5x the damge from hydras that the player does, as the player gets the "PvP" dmg reduction for hydras, but the merc does not.
If that is right, then mercs take 165-210 damage per shot.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.

M1ck 331

Europe PC
I use
Guardian Angel
socketed with an
Um
to get 90% fire resist. Seems to work pretty well and rarely dies unless cursed with amp damage.

Add in
Crown of Thieves
for life leech and extra fire resist. Unless of course you really want to try something different ;0
I do Trav runs on p3 with my WW horker barb. However I use
Eth
Steelshade and
Eth
GA with
Eth
Reaper's on Merc , he only dies when there’s
Conviction
aura in the mix and I’m too slow to reposition
I use forti atm but bis is Coh for the high resistance against
Conviction
and 8LL.
LL increase your merc survivability than damage reduction.

Relax and have fun!
Steel Shade
+ Chains of Honor is the best setup I've found for Trav Barb merc.
Eth
/non
Eth
doesn't matter as much as the Fire Absorb + Replenish life rolls on the helmet.

And Insight or
Arioc's Needle
are good weapons for A2 merc.
Tomb Reaver
might also be good with the extra MF + IAS + All Res + Sockets. But I recently switched to A5
Frenzy
merc with 2x Last Wish and loving it. As soon as
Life Tap
activates, we are both practically invincible.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
M1ck wrote: 1 year ago
I use
Guardian Angel
socketed with an
Um
to get 90% fire resist. Seems to work pretty well and rarely dies unless cursed with amp damage.

Add in
Crown of Thieves
for life leech and extra fire resist. Unless of course you really want to try something different ;0
High five! Perfect gear setup for plain
Travincal
runs. Also 2x Last Wish, for obvious reasons.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
The Gladiator's Bane
is cheap and works well, so long as yr resists are maxxed
bane+reapers+tals hat 4 me
I’d say that PDR and MDR are relevant for ES sorcs only.

For a Trav merc go for high fire res and a high amount of life leach with a high damage weapon. My setup for a GF Barb A2 might merc is this: Only
Conviction
brings him down.
honestly why even bother with the merc for travs runs with barb? am i missing something? i just gave up after seeing my boi razan standing in all them hydras and geting nuked for the 10th time or so

Rik 132

Americas PC
marek22 wrote: 1 year ago
honestly why even bother with the merc for travs runs with barb? am i missing something? i just gave up after seeing my boi razan standing in all them hydras and geting nuked for the 10th time or so
Ah poor Razan…

If merc is dying all the time, then yeah ultimately it’s a time / gold sink. However, for optimal run times/ survival , you’ll need a merc, primarily for his aura / procs which will lower the time required to take down council unless you’re having to go out of your way to protect/
Revive
him.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...