diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   5989 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Rik wrote: 1 year ago

When you say 9 seconds to wp, are we talking arrival in
Travincal
wp?
Not really. It takes 9 seconds from the arrival at the bridge in act3 3 to reach the docks of curast wp. I don't count loading times, because they vary too much...

Rik 132

Americas PC
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago

If you’re upto 2000 runs then that is just terribly bad luck.
Not sure if my calculation is right, but here goes:
atm I have 1.780.707.345 experience.
One Travi run brings ~ 150.000 experience.
To reach my current exp from lvl 84 takes 817.505.824 experience.
And 817.505.824 divided by 150.000 per run equals more than 5k runs?

That can't be right...

I’m assuming you recently calculated the experience gain per trav run? There are experience penalties that really start racking up as you gain levels past lvl 70 and then also penalties when killing monsters 5 levels above or beneath your character level. I think trav demons are around level 80 with variation between the uniques and normies. Unfortunately it’d be a very complicated equation to extrapolate how many runs you’ve done based on current experience gain from one run and would depend on you solely running trav with this char from lvl 84 onward.

Based on the trav calculator I’ve messed with, per 1000 runs with 76 item find, one averages 2.6-2.8 high runes per 1000 runs.

Rik 132

Americas PC

If you’re upto 2000 runs then that is just terribly bad luck.
Not sure if my calculation is right, but here goes:
atm I have 1.780.707.345 experience.
One Travi run brings ~ 150.000 experience.
To reach my current exp from lvl 84 takes 817.505.824 experience.
And 817.505.824 divided by 150.000 per run equals more than 5k runs?

That can't be right...
You might be able to ball park an estimate by taking your current average run time and estimating how many hours in total you’ve ran trav. It’ll be a really rough number but with other pieces of info it will help you triangulate a total run estimate. This of course depends on steady run times even when a lower level. But I’m assuming your items haven’t changed much. The extra levels will increase hit chance on uniques along with extra skills but probably wouldn’t amount to much of a run time difference.

You could always just run the math, but that would take someone like me a long time to calculate and depend on you having zero deaths along your trav journey.

Just intuitively, I feel like going from lvl 84 -90 on council alone is a f*%# ton of runs… You might’ve just gotten a terrible hand from the rng.
I‘ve been running Trav for months, there is no way to calculate the time spent. a f*%# ton of runs should be about right…

Rik 132

Americas PC
Haha well maybe someone on the site will run the math. I’m getting tempted to try but if I made it public I’m sure someone smarter than me would eviscerate my method and findings.

Keep slayin’, high runes will come and if willing keep me posted on results.
Will do. Maybe I‘ll take the time to maxroll.gg my char and see if you guys find room for improvement.

Asha 346

Sorceress Europe PC
I gave up farmin trav. No matter how many runs I do:
1) never even a damn
Mal
or
Ist
;
2) never a fetchy/useful gc/sc/jewel;
3) my best ever drop was a soj.

Had more luck aside the council, tho - one
Sur
outta regular zakarumite, and twice the
Ber
outta small cubic boxes (guess I hit a Pattern linked to these).
Thursday Travi was cursed when I ran it for an hour. Highest rune was a
Dol
, but I found a grand charm with +1 lightning skills and 12% fhr.
I set it up for trade and got 3 offers:
1.) 1
Vex

2.)
Ber
Zod
Zod
Lo

3.)
Ber
Sur
Lo

I thought about botd for a bit but decided on offer 3. A few even higher offers came last minute, but I already agreed to offer 3.
So I guess you can say I „found“ my first 3 high runes in
Travincal
Could you share your build? I made
Leap
horker but runs take me so long.

Do you guys have some additional and safe app to count runs, time, and loot quickly?

I used something years ago but I can't recall what was that

I accept pgs, keys, and runes (
Lem
and up). Please make an offer according to this rule
My time zone is GMT+2

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
I wish I had the willpower to do mass runs like you are able to do. After like 30-45 mins of the same place I need a change of scenery.

I've found some pretty good stuff doing trav too, including 2
Jah
runes (I've done less than 200 runs probably). You would think that would trigger something in my head to make want to spend more time running there..

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |

Rik 132

Americas PC
Becer wrote: 1 year ago
Leap

Do you guys have some additional and safe app to count runs, time, and loot quickly?

I don’t have a special counter. I run stopwatch on my phone.

If youre wealthy, I think the fastest runner is ww barb, I’ve done a lot of testing and can’t imagine any other barb skill that could compete though could be mistaken.

If you’re poor, I’d start with a zerker barb with enough points into
Howl
in order to scatter the trav herd to avoid getting swarmed (Oath/Rhyme with dual babas on switch is good and cheap). Just run trav for a while and sell everything short of your soul to secure a couple
Lo
runes and then switch to ww. Both times I’ve made a hork barb on ladder I ended up securing a botd before Grief. It’s a good stepping Stone but it pales in comparison, but is an option if you’re getting frustrated. You can score a low Ed
Colossus Blade
botd for an
Ohm
(on ladder. Maybe even cheaper now), but then again,
Ohm
is worth more than half a
Lo
… Fight through the frustration of dying and losing all unhorked corpses by recognizing that a
Jah
or
Ber
could pop out at any moment. Try to get decent mf where possible, even if you’ve got to throw on a skullders when horking. Facets and gheeds show up pretty often. High quality ones will score you a high rune.

Another option with weak gear might be
Frenzy
/
Double Throw
if you can proc amp damage with a lacerater, (I think you can get a low Ed one for a midrune) proc and then switch to Oath and ww. With enough life leech and res, you should be alright if they are cursed. I’d keep
Howl
in the back pocket though. You can also run a merc with reapers toil and then ww around him but you will lose corpses from that weapons cold damage. That means 20 percent of corpses under effects of cold damage when killed are lost and most of your items, by faaaar come from horking but it’s a good option for ppl before they can afford Grief.

I aim for 75 percent item find, which usually costs about 40 hard points including potion find synergy but I think you could argue that around 72ish percent is ideal based on diminishing returns per point spent where you’d max
Find Potion
while not putting 20 into
Find Item
to get to it. Make sure
Find Potion
is maxed before you get less than 1 percent increase from each point into item find.

I max mastery and puff up Bo pretty good til you’re Around 3000 health which is plenty with decent res. Or max Bo, then put more points into strength to optimize trav kill speed. If you plan on farming tougher areas outside trav like
Nihlathak
or world Stone, I’d go for more health. Invest 1 into one point wonders including
Berserk
and
Frenzy
. All else into ww.
Berserk
physical immunes, swing a couple times with
Frenzy
before ww when facing
Holy Freeze
aura.

My gear I usually run, based around optimizing time at the
Sacrifice
of magic find is:

Helm
: gface w/
Cham

Ammy: highlirds

B Armor: Enigma

Weapons: Grief phaser x2

Weapon swap: wiz spike/
Suicide Branch
(hoto would be better with my ring set up) I hit 110 fcr breakpoint which decreases
Teleport
to trav and hork time.

Ring a: 10 fcr / life leech

Ring b: 10 fcr / life leech

Belt
: Mavinas
Belt

Boots
:
Gore Rider

Charms: torch/gheeds/anni and fine charms with frw. I carry few charms to optimize inventory space to limit item management. Which is by far, the most time expensive aspect of running trav if you like to look for good rare items.

If the zone is terrorized or I want more mf. I replace gface with topazd
Shako
and swap wiz spike with an Istd ali baba then put on a dual leech ring and trangs
Belt

Hope that helps.

Rik 132

Americas PC
Dol
1.) 1
Vex

2.)
Ber
Zod
Zod
Lo

3.)
Ber
Sur
Lo

I thought about botd for a bit but decided on offer 3. A few even higher offers came last minute, but I already agreed to offer 3.
Travincal
Yeah way better find than a single high rune. I dont think I’ve ever found anything worth more than a single
Ber
or
Jah
in trav. I found some wicked 30frw legit (cold/fire/lightning) tri res
Boots
within the last month that could probably sell for more than that, but no one has been interested in them at the price I posted so I think I’ll keep them. They got rep life too ;)

Still lookin for gg rare weapons.. not sure if the time spent looking is worth it. Last season my biggest score by far was a rare bow. Thought I would’ve found another awesome rare by now, but apparently they are much rarer than I thought. Probably should’ve sold that thing on jsp for max value but still shying away from that place… I miss you bitter nock :( hope you’re slaying out there somewhere. lol
Leap

I don’t have a special counter. I run stopwatch on my phone.

If youre wealthy, I think the fastest runner is ww barb, I’ve done a lot of testing and can’t imagine any other barb skill that could compete though could be mistaken.

If you’re poor, I’d start with a zerker barb with enough points into
Howl
in order to scatter the trav herd to avoid getting swarmed (Oath/Rhyme with dual babas on switch is good and cheap). Just run trav for a while and sell everything short of your soul to secure a couple
Lo
runes and then switch to ww. Both times I’ve made a hork barb on ladder I ended up securing a botd before Grief. It’s a good stepping Stone but it pales in comparison, but is an option if you’re getting frustrated. You can score a low Ed
Colossus Blade
botd for an
Ohm
(on ladder. Maybe even cheaper now), but then again,
Ohm
is worth more than half a
Lo
… Fight through the frustration of dying and losing all unhorked corpses by recognizing that a
Jah
or
Ber
could pop out at any moment. Try to get decent mf where possible, even if you’ve got to throw on a skullders when horking. Facets and gheeds show up pretty often. High quality ones will score you a high rune.

Another option with weak gear might be
Frenzy
/
Double Throw
if you can proc amp damage with a lacerater, (I think you can get a low Ed one for a midrune) proc and then switch to Oath and ww. With enough life leech and res, you should be alright if they are cursed. I’d keep
Howl
in the back pocket though. You can also run a merc with reapers toil and then ww around him but you will lose corpses from that weapons cold damage. That means 20 percent of corpses under effects of cold damage when killed are lost and most of your items, by faaaar come from horking but it’s a good option for ppl before they can afford Grief.

I aim for 75 percent item find, which usually costs about 40 hard points including potion find synergy but I think you could argue that around 72ish percent is ideal based on diminishing returns per point spent where you’d max
Find Potion
while not putting 20 into
Find Item
to get to it. Make sure
Find Potion
is maxed before you get less than 1 percent increase from each point into item find.

I max mastery and puff up Bo pretty good til you’re Around 3000 health which is plenty with decent res. Or max Bo, then put more points into strength to optimize trav kill speed. If you plan on farming tougher areas outside trav like
Nihlathak
or world Stone, I’d go for more health. Invest 1 into one point wonders including
Berserk
and
Frenzy
. All else into ww.
Berserk
physical immunes, swing a couple times with
Frenzy
before ww when facing
Holy Freeze
aura.

My gear I usually run, based around optimizing time at the
Sacrifice
of magic find is:

Helm
: gface w/
Cham

Ammy: highlirds

B Armor: Enigma

Weapons: Grief phaser x2

Weapon swap: wiz spike/
Suicide Branch
(hoto would be better with my ring set up) I hit 110 fcr breakpoint which decreases
Teleport
to trav and hork time.

Ring a: 10 fcr / life leech

Ring b: 10 fcr / life leech

Belt
: Mavinas
Belt

Boots
:
Gore Rider

Charms: torch/gheeds/anni and fine charms with frw. I carry few charms to optimize inventory space to limit item management. Which is by far, the most time expensive aspect of running trav if you like to look for good rare items.

If the zone is terrorized or I want more mf. I replace gface with topazd
Shako
and swap wiz spike with an Istd ali baba then put on a dual leech ring and trangs
Belt

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tips!

Lem
My time zone is GMT+2
Leap

Bob is ww barb. Currently lvl 91. Arreats and skullders, both socketed with pt. Double Grief.
Laying of Hands
, trang oul
Belt
, gorerider. Highlords,
Nagelring
and dual leech ring. weapon swap 2x
Gull
Maxed ww (of course), with anni and torch at lvl 30. Put 1 point (so altogether makes 11) into
Berserk
for immunes.
BO (with items) 20,
Shout
Find Potion
and
Find Item
both 28. Sword mastery 28 and
Iron Skin
and resistances both 9.
Strength is 284, that makes
Berserk
dmg 696-809 and ww dmg 617-715. Resistances fire and lightning 75, cold and poison 74.
Mf with charms 337%, on swap 537%.

Hope that helps any?
Leap

Bob is ww brab. Currently lvl 91. Arreats and skullders, both socketed with pt. Double Grief.
Laying of Hands
, trang oul
Belt
, gorerider. Highlords,
Nagelring
and dual leech ring. weapon swap 2x
Gull
Maxed ww (of course), with anni and torch at lvl 30. Put 1 point (so altogether makes 11) into
Berserk
for immunes.
BO (with items) 20,
Shout
Find Potion
and
Find Item
both 28. Sword mastery 28 and
Iron Skin
and resistances both 9.
Strength is 284, that makes
Berserk
dmg 696-809 and ww dmg 617-715. Resitances fire and lightning 75, cold and poison 74.
Mf with charms 337%, on swap 537%.

Hope that helps any?
Sure! thx a lot!

Lem
My time zone is GMT+2

Rik 132

Americas PC
Dol
1.) 1
Vex

2.)
Ber
Zod
Zod
Lo

3.)
Ber
Sur
Lo

Travincal
Haven’t been playing so much lately, gone from about 150 runs per day to like 20, but my trav rng evened out yesterday. Did probably 50 runs (not exactly sure bc I haven’t been measuring) and dropped
Lo
and
Jah
within like 15 runs maybe less and then got two gheeds within a few runs of each other. Got that strange compulsion to do like 200 runs straight after the
Jah
fell, but was like, nah we gotta stop, this is unhealthy lol. Found a
Mal
and 5 socket phaser earlier in cow games and thought it was a sign but nope made another crappy Grief. Side note, since I can’t make a good Grief phaser to save my life, I will pay
Ber
for any ~390+ dam phaser. Hit me up!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation