Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   927 views

Description

I didn't play the previous season so I'm still kinda getting used to Sunder charms and the mechanics.

The question I have is about the UI. If you equip a sunder charm does the enemy fail to display said sunders element? I have been farming trav with a horker barb and I don't ever see the physically immune monsters anymore. I think this is really annoying that blizz would omit the information from the screen. Anyone agree, have thoughts, or can tell me that I'm mistaken? Thanks.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I didn't play the previous season so I'm still kinda getting used to Sunder charms and the mechanics.

The question I have is about the UI. If you equip a sunder charm does the enemy fail to display said sunders element? I have been farming trav with a horker barb and I don't ever see the physically immune monsters anymore. I think this is really annoying that blizz would omit the information from the screen. Anyone agree, have thoughts, or can tell me that I'm mistaken? Thanks.

Schnorki 3211Moderator

PC
Correct. If you have a sunder equipped to break an immunity, that immunity effectively disappears for you and is hence also no longer displayed on the target mob.

While semi-confusing, it'd probably be even more confusing to do cold damage to something that is still clearly labeled as cold immune. Though which one is better/worse is probably more subjective than anything else.

Where it is obviously confusing AF is in the case of a physical sunder causing a mob to appear not phys immune while your merc still can't touch it and the like..(wtb sunders working for mercs plz!).
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Correct. If you have a sunder equipped to break an immunity, that immunity effectively disappears for you and is hence also no longer displayed on the target mob.

While semi-confusing, it'd probably be even more confusing to do cold damage to something that is still clearly labeled as cold immune. Though which one is better/worse is probably more subjective than anything else.

Where it is obviously confusing AF is in the case of a physical sunder causing a mob to appear not phys immune while your merc still can't touch it and the like..(wtb sunders working for mercs plz!).
Thanks for this reply. Yeah I think the 'problem' for me is that it's far more effective for my barb to swing with
Berserk
versus continue with
Whirlwind
versus physically immune enemies, regardless if I'm leveraging the
Bone Break
GC or not. It's not like I'm losing minutes from my runs because of this but certainly a gripe I have =/
Yeah, its's no longer immune so they don't list it as immune. Do you mean that you'd want it there even after it's sundered? I use a
Cold Rupture
on my bliz sorc and I did find myself asking why this perticular mob was survivng my cold, I just had to remember it would have been immune.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Schnorki 3211Moderator

PC
I suppose it would make sense to introduce a new label for that along the lines of "sundered xyz immunity" or at least "xyz resistant" as a result.
Bone Break
is useless for a barb. unless ur swinging reapers toll, or suing gavel of pain charges...

Nate 541

Switch
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
Bone Break
is useless for a barb. unless ur swinging reapers toll, or suing gavel of pain charges...
Ah unless you have
Thorns
/
Iron Maiden
on, maxed out your life, turned into a wear wolf/bear and are using a couple Bone breaks to take even more damage thus killing monster that way!

It could be a thing…
OP
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah, its's no longer immune so they don't list it as immune. Do you mean that you'd want it there even after it's sundered? I use a
Cold Rupture
on my bliz sorc and I did find myself asking why this perticular mob was survivng my cold, I just had to remember it would have been immune.
Yeah exactly this it jus takes longer for me to kill phys immunes and it's not marked on the UI anymore. I guess as @krathkor says I don't need to even use
Bone Break
lol.
I also missed season 2 and was just using them for the first time. I wasnt using one on my barb at first then i started using
Frenzy
merc with Lawbringer to proc decrep. its good fun to WW physical previous immunes into ded at an accelerated pace.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...