Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2668 views

Description

what is the maxium lvl of
Lower Resist
curse any monster can cast on you ( and how much it will reduce resistance ) in d2r and also what is the maximum
Conviction
aura that monster can cast on you and how much resist will it take (apart
Uber Mephisto
but I would also like to know what lvl
Conviction
aura he got and how much resistance it reduce)
ty for help in advance

Can be used to make Runewords:

what is the maxium lvl of
Lower Resist
curse any monster can cast on you ( and how much it will reduce resistance ) in d2r and also what is the maximum
Conviction
aura that monster can cast on you and how much resist will it take (apart
Uber Mephisto
but I would also like to know what lvl
Conviction
aura he got and how much resistance it reduce)
ty for help in advance

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
Level..............................1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Defense −%..................49 56 61 66 70 73 75 77 79 80
Maximum Resist −%...30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 75

Level..............................11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25
Defense −%..................82 83 85 86 86 88 88 89 89 90 92
Maximum Resist −%...80 85 90 95 100 105 110 115 120 125 150

Enemy
Conviction
Aura: Aura lvl = monster lvl / 8 (Max aura lvl being 12)

Uber Meph has a
Conviction
aura of 20.
When two
Conviction
auras from opposing sides clash against each other, the higher level aura will "out-Convict" the weaker level aura.
This is why smiters go for a level 21
Conviction
aura.

All of this info is from https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Conviction

Not 100% sure when it comes to values for monsters casting lower resists. https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Lower_Resist

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
Except
Uber Mephisto
, monsters don't naturally have aura.
Unique Monsters can have Aura Enchanted as a bonus. The level of the aura is determined based on their level.
Conviction
1-11 lvl (Aura lvl = monster lvl/8)
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Aura_Enchanted

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Couple additions:
The range of 1-11 on non-ubermeph mobs should nowadays be 1-12 as
Terror
zones can push those mobs up to a high enough level (96+) to break the cutoff for 12.

A higher
Conviction
vs a lower one will not "disable the latter altogether", it will only override it for the sources of said convictions. I.e. if you go in as a smiter with lvl 21 vs. meph with lvl 20, you yourself will not get hit by his
Conviction
because your higher
Conviction
will override his on you. However, that will not cancel out meph's
Conviction
entirely, his
Conviction
will still hit your merc or any other party members that may be with you.
Just one of the reasons why I'd personally never go with conv over
Salvation
for a smiter against meph.
Schnorki explains how the mechanic is supposed to work.

However! I have seen a bug a few times over the last couple of weeks that I do not fully understand that introduces a 'Results may vary' element to this discussion.

It seems that sometimes if a player/merc with
Conviction
faces off against an enemy with
Conviction
, instead of overriding the convictions like it's supposed to do, both get applied and the enemy application does not go away until the player/merc removes and reapplies their
Conviction

Whatever is going on here can cause the player/merc using
Conviction
will to lose a ton of resistances and get struck that way for potentially a significant amount of time.

It's something to keep an eye out for, at least.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki explains how the mechanic is supposed to work.

However! I have seen a bug a few times over the last couple of weeks that I do not fully understand that introduces a 'Results may vary' element to this discussion.

It seems that sometimes if a player/merc with
Conviction
faces off against an enemy with
Conviction
, instead of overriding the convictions like it's supposed to do, both get applied and the enemy application does not go away until the player/merc removes and reapplies their
Conviction

Whatever is going on here can cause the player/merc using
Conviction
will to lose a ton of resistances and get struck that way for potentially a significant amount of time.

It's something to keep an eye out for, at least.
Aaaaactually, that isn't a bug so much as it is an "unintuitive feature combined with a bug" that has existed for ages. Not entirely sure if the bug part has always existed but the feature part enabling it to begin with has, so far as 20yr old Memory serves (there used to be a time where it was "first come first serve" for equal aura effects which then turned into this if I recall correctly).

Generally speaking, a lower aura loses to a higher one. And a higher aura overrides a lower one. BUT the lower aura, as noted earlier, doesn't disappear. It stays around and stays active on other, otherwise not yet affected targets and hence also yourself to make that possible. That's why uber meph will still convict your merc and other party members. This behavior of "one does not disappear entirely" leads to a special scenario in which 2 auras (mainly
Conviction
) of the same level face off against one another:
Both hit, neither "wins" and they effectively merge into one.
Either source successfully convicts the other target meaning both users of the aura lose resistances.

In the past, this has really not happened a lot and outside of FoH vs. FoH PvP matchups basically never existed because in any other scenario, you generally either have a lvl 12 Infinity
Conviction
or a >20
Conviction
on an actual paladin. Those faced off against random mob convictions up to lvl 11 or
Mephisto
at 20. Noone used lvl 20 against meph because everyone knew you had to beat it to not lose res so effectively, you just about never had a scenario where same-level convictions faced one another.

Now however, thanks to
Terror
zones, random mobs do scale up to lvl 12
Conviction
(see prior post). And because of this, you now run into this scenario all the time because any high TZ mob with
Conviction
now happens to have the same lvl as an Infinity does. And everytime you face that scenario, both hit. That is intended. The 'bug' part is that this double-effect (both, positive and negative) gets anchored onto each
Conviction
. So if you move away from the mob convicting you but you keep your
Conviction
up, it keeps both, the positive and negative effect and you still lose res despite no longer being in range of the mob.

This, even for the .0000000000000000001% of the time where a same-lvl
Conviction
did hit each other in the past hasn't been something you really noticed because in those rare cases, it was a pally
Conviction
hitting a pally (or very rarely meph)
Conviction
. And more often than not, once out of range, said pallies turn off
Conviction
. Either to use a different aura in the meantime or to
Teleport
or to do whatever. Or in the case of meph they died because same-lvl cost them too much res ^^. And as soon as they do, the double-effect disappears.

The persistence of it is only seen now because only now, thanks to lvl 12 mob convictions, do you ever see it happening on your Infinity merc (or Infinity wielding char) who generally do not turn off
Conviction
. Ever. At least not the merc - the player chars would once they switch sets to BO or whatever. And because of that, you are now suddenly for really the first time ever seeing realistic scenarios of that double-effect persisting indefinitely.

This is also why unequipping and reequipping your merc's Infinity fixes it because that will briefly turn off
Conviction
Ah, very interesting! Great explanation as always, Schnorki. Thanks!

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation