Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
27 replies   7234 views

Description

Alright, I know there’s strong feelings and years of background for the pit zerker being the king of mf, but with the new mf, within 2 hours of farming I found 2 facets, an arachnids mesh, 2 x demonhorn’s Edge helms, arcaines Valor, dac’s, a
Metalgrid
and lots of other high level uniques. All with only 233 mf! Yes rng plays a roll, but damn uniques we’re dropping nearly every run!

I’m so excited I can barely contain it! Hard to believe? You bet, totally real, absolutely.

So this is ideally an offline thing, but can totally work online (but much less ideal). It’s not a specific build (but some do excel over others), it’s a place person and time.

Terror
zone
Andariel
!

Terror
zone
Andariel
has a crazy drop table, when terrorized at level 87 or higher she can drop anything … anything! And at higher levels (like 93 or above) we’re talking hundreds of runs for high level uniques vs tens of thousands at place like pindle,
Baal
, or diablo. If you couple it with high mf (we’re talking anywhere over 200) and high players count, you’ll be swimming in tc87 items in nearly no time. If you’ve ever farmed nightmare andy for an soj, that’s what you should expect for things like deaths web, deaths fathom and griffons eye (still much better than a wish and a
Prayer
elsewhere).

So how does it work? Firstly offline you can set your device time, this sets the
Terror
zone, so once you know when the catacombs are terrorized, you can just re-set your device to re-run the
Terror
zone, getting as many Andy runs as you want vs like 1 hour every 36 online. **IMPORTANT NOTE** if you offset your device too far from reality and it eventually resets to normal it may revert to previous saved files (potentially losing exp and items). To avoid this I keep my
Terror
zone adjusting to within 24hrs and I only adjust the time while my game is open, so it doesn’t reset anything - I play on Nintendo switch. Your experience may vary.

When you’re doing this offline you can also roll a good map and make runs fast, fast, fast!

Ok so what builds are ideal? So ideally you’re doing this at players 7, you’re not worrying about anything else, no other monsters matter. Having said that, Andy can be surrounded by very dangerous monsters and elite groups, especially if they roll some dangerous stats. Andy’s low fire resistance can be taken advantage of here, fire builds go nuts! The poison damage isn’t as bad as
Lilith
, so if you can deal with her, no worries here (throw on dracs and you should be fine). Enigma isn’t mandatory, but damn makes it so much faster.

Terrorized Andy build tier list to follow in future post!

Before farming a terrorized Andy you’ll want to be an end game character, but nearly any will do. Whichever build will need to be able to deal with the crowds and the collective damage. During initial testing I used my level 92 Tesladin (nothing supper gg, still only 233 mf and not min/maxed).

Hope this helps my fellow offliners lookin pg for those tc 87 items, recommendations welcome and post your experiences!

It’s crazy! I can’t wait to try with my maximized javazon!
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Alright, I know there’s strong feelings and years of background for the pit zerker being the king of mf, but with the new mf, within 2 hours of farming I found 2 facets, an arachnids mesh, 2 x demonhorn’s Edge helms, arcaines Valor, dac’s, a
Metalgrid
and lots of other high level uniques. All with only 233 mf! Yes rng plays a roll, but damn uniques we’re dropping nearly every run!

I’m so excited I can barely contain it! Hard to believe? You bet, totally real, absolutely.

So this is ideally an offline thing, but can totally work online (but much less ideal). It’s not a specific build (but some do excel over others), it’s a place person and time.

Terror
zone
Andariel
!

Terror
zone
Andariel
has a crazy drop table, when terrorized at level 87 or higher she can drop anything … anything! And at higher levels (like 93 or above) we’re talking hundreds of runs for high level uniques vs tens of thousands at place like pindle,
Baal
, or diablo. If you couple it with high mf (we’re talking anywhere over 200) and high players count, you’ll be swimming in tc87 items in nearly no time. If you’ve ever farmed nightmare andy for an soj, that’s what you should expect for things like deaths web, deaths fathom and griffons eye (still much better than a wish and a
Prayer
elsewhere).

So how does it work? Firstly offline you can set your device time, this sets the
Terror
zone, so once you know when the catacombs are terrorized, you can just re-set your device to re-run the
Terror
zone, getting as many Andy runs as you want vs like 1 hour every 36 online. **IMPORTANT NOTE** if you offset your device too far from reality and it eventually resets to normal it may revert to previous saved files (potentially losing exp and items). To avoid this I keep my
Terror
zone adjusting to within 24hrs and I only adjust the time while my game is open, so it doesn’t reset anything - I play on Nintendo switch. Your experience may vary.

When you’re doing this offline you can also roll a good map and make runs fast, fast, fast!

Ok so what builds are ideal? So ideally you’re doing this at players 7, you’re not worrying about anything else, no other monsters matter. Having said that, Andy can be surrounded by very dangerous monsters and elite groups, especially if they roll some dangerous stats. Andy’s low fire resistance can be taken advantage of here, fire builds go nuts! The poison damage isn’t as bad as
Lilith
, so if you can deal with her, no worries here (throw on dracs and you should be fine). Enigma isn’t mandatory, but damn makes it so much faster.

Terrorized Andy build tier list to follow in future post!

Before farming a terrorized Andy you’ll want to be an end game character, but nearly any will do. Whichever build will need to be able to deal with the crowds and the collective damage. During initial testing I used my level 92 Tesladin (nothing supper gg, still only 233 mf and not min/maxed).

Hope this helps my fellow offliners lookin pg for those tc 87 items, recommendations welcome and post your experiences!

It’s crazy! I can’t wait to try with my maximized javazon!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Another hour farming:
Giant Skull
, leviathon, 3os head hunters glory (with good res rolls too),
Headstriker
Spirit Keeper
, another rainbow facet… this is off the hook!

I even need to move a bunch of stuff to mules to keep farming
Yea I already tried Andy TZ 95. Crazy drops. In about 200 runs: 2 Earthshifter 's,
Darkforce Spawn
, Gris Shield and
Crown
Ravenlore
, Naj's armor,
Tal
’s armor,
Lacerator
Ghostflame
, Bul-khatos CB sword, and on top a -70 Cold sunder from the lady Herself Q-Q :3 haha I had to stop cus it was too broken for my taste.
Just a heads up that someone did the testing and when you quest bug
Andariel
(which is very easy to do even when not trying to do so), you also bug her TZ level. Questbugging her means she's stuck forever in her non-TZ loot.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
Just a heads up that someone did the testing and when you quest bug
Andariel
(which is very easy to do even when not trying to do so), you also bug her TZ level. Questbugging her means she's stuck forever in her non-TZ loot.
Was that fixed in 2.6 possibly? I could have sworn there was a mention of that in the patch notes...

EDIT: Found this:
Blizzard wrote:
Terror
Zones
  • Fixed Terrorized treasure classes for certain super-unique monsters and bosses.
  • Fixed an issue where an act boss's quest treasure class would sometimes be used instead of the terrorized treasure class.
Source: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... -live#Zone

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

Nate 535

Switch
So I did a couple more hours of runs today, did them with my lvl 94 javazon with 325 mf

got 2 more facets, a templars might, a perfect
Shako
Rune Master
Ravenlore
, mavina’s
Diadem
(first run), Steel rends (anti perfect though), and anti perfect
Crown of Ages
(I actually threw it back on the Ground it was so meh), and an
Eth
Warshrike
. on average every 10 runs or so there was a crazy drop which anywhere else would be the drop of the day.

Just a matter of time before my griffon, deaths web and deaths fathom drops! and I shouldn’t need months of pindle farming!

Terror
zone Andy is crazy! Although my merc died a handful of times, and I died once, so it is dangerous

Ravoc 123

PC
Just as a small caution in general, unrelated to D2R:
When tinkering with the clock on your PC, do not move it too much (like months), else you might start having issues with certificate validations and stuff will stop working.
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Yea that’s a good point ravoc! I’m on console, but when initially testing out the idea for this I noted when Andy was terrorized and changed my clock back, a few days for one session, the trouble is your computer keeps track of the saved files by their time stamp, so when you boot up the program it loads the most recent (by its internal clock) save file. So if you do a bunch of runs when set for a couples days ago, even if you found a
Zod
and you have another filed that was from today it’ll load todays file. I lost a
Pul
rune this way once.

The way to get around this is only adjust the time while the program is open and only within a 24hr window.

If you wanted the 100% safe way you should only adjust your time with the game open, and when your finished your session you should change it back to normal time, again while the games open and do a couple final runs in correct time. This way the game will save all the items you have in the ‘most recent’ files.

Hope that makes sense … someone with more programming skill can chime in, I don’t want anyone having any problems irl just to get a tc87 item (this is after all just a game).
OP

Nate 535

Switch
So about 200 more runs again saw some great stuff, with a few more grailers off my list:

-Another mavina’s
Diadem
, also got a rare
Diadem
and a superior socketed one…(seriously got every kind of
Diadem
except the unique, when it drops it better not be
Eth
!)
-
Eth
Giant Skull

-
Eth
Hone Sundan
!!!
-
Eth
gladiators bane (there’s an interesting merc set-up right there)
-5/5 fire facet (and 3 other junk ones)
-flaming small charm of flame (20-24 damage, will be good on a future enchantress)
-
Alma Negra
(basically useless right?)
-
Steelrend
(40 ed, got 3 of these so far they all rolled low-ish)
-
Black Cleft
(finally got all types of sunder charm)
-3 gheeds (one rolled great gold find, another perfect vendor reduction, the other average all stats)
-2x fals and a
Ko
(started doing clickables to keep myself from being to bored)

But I hit a dry spell for a while… like 100 runs where just nothing dropped, no sunder charms, regular charms, nothing, even with this great spot rng can still serve you a bad day.

Still with drops being this good I think it balances out how we can’t trade offline, it’s sorta like what
Lower Kurast
is for runes.

Hopefully I get lucky and drop my griffons tomorrow, but would also be happy with a deaths web or fathom, they’re pretty much the last of the uniques I’ll be interested in finding… that should take me right up to when tears of the kingdom comes out, haha
Saw a clip on YouTube of someone getting 3 griffon's in a day from TZ Andy. D2R perma-qbugged her. I think this is an unintended consequence that's likely to be fixed--word is getting out.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
So I need to change the PC time to manipulate the TZ?

Do I need to test 24 times to find the right TZ?
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Yes and no slypnir, each new one is random, but once it’s been rolled it’s set, so you could roll your clock back to the desired time and get it first try, but I don’t like to do that because of the risks to your save files after a couple of days. when I sit down for a session it usually only takes 5-10 time adjustments to set the
Terror
zone to catacombs, but it could take much more. Once when I was trying to set
Terror
zone cows I had to change it like 36 times
OP

Nate 535

Switch
So today’s couple hundred runs netted me: a Death’s web!!!! It also rolled 99% perfect, just a couple points lower on the life after kill, everything else; hundo!

Sadly everything else pales in comparison, I did get some other sweet drops: bul Kathos ring, Ik armor, like 3 light sabers, 2
Tal
amors (wow), there may have been something else, but when you find a +4 -50 deaths web offline solo… you sorta can’t think about anything other than a psn
Nova
necro

Still will do a few more sessions to try and get that griffons and maybe a deaths fathom (fingers crossed)
how would this compare with a
Berserk
/hork barb TZ
Travincal
runner?

im online so i cant test this
OP

Nate 535

Switch
So bosses have a much larger drop table than superuniques, at least I think so, plus they may be a level or two higher than everything else (at least I think so… there’s probably other posts on the mathematical differences between bosses and super uniques).

The long and the short of it: terrorized Andy can drop more items, and probably a higher likelihood of them being higher levels than super uniques - she also spawns with like 3 unique / champion packs in her chamber, and I always hit like 3 in the
Catacombs Level 3
to her too.

However I think the council has a much higher chance to drop runes that she does. In the like 500ish runs I’ve done I’ve only found a
Gul
and
Lem
, but I imagine that 500 council runs will net you much much more than that. Also in all those runs I’ve only found like 9 million gold, you’d probably find like 20 times that from the council.

Hopefully that makes sense!?
OP

Nate 535

Switch
So today’s haul:

-
Stone of Jordan

-arkaines valor (+2 all skills)
-perfect nightwings
-
Death Cleaver

-
Gul

-
Tomb Reaver
with only 1 socket
-earth shaker
-rare
Boots
with 30 run/walk, 40 cold res 30 lightning res and decent ed

May have been a few others, but no facets today and no griffons, or deaths fathom, or
Wisp Projector
. That
Tomb Reaver
roll really hurt… I almost just left it on the Ground, but I may find a use for it. also a magic, rare and superior
Diadem
all dropped today, that and with the
Tomb Reaver
made if feel like a bad day, but I really can’t complain. Before I started running terrorized Andy, if I found one of the above in a day I’d have felt awesome, haha.

I’m probably going to take a break from her for a while though, but in about a week the search for the griffons eye will continue!
ok more on
Travincal
-[not TZ]
the superuniques are lvl 85, Council Members lvl 88, andarial lvl 77.

looking at the drop tables,
Ismail Vilehand
's table is ~10% longer than andarials . eg, can drop gladiators bane.

i'd be very curious how they compare terrorized
I leveld my Blizz Sorc to 87 in
Ancient Tunnels
and could upgrade my merc to non
Eth
Tomb Reaver
amnamnamn, Treachery and heart (Cnbf). Then rushed through Hell and Merc killed all cold immunes.

Now I can change TZ to tunnels and found direct a 73 lightning sunder, later a fire sunder.

No real good drop ~380mf

I changed to FB/
Hydra
, however with sunder but no - res there is nearly no dmg to the
Fallen

Lets hope there will be fast better drops 😎

max 20 runs, and a poisen sunder and a 29er Mara :) with lev 88
no White
Monarch
until now ...
is there a trick to not create a new game after changing the time?
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Not really, but I have found that after changing the time about 5 times in a row the
Terror
zone wouldn’t update, so you may just have to make another game. I do also recommend waiting until level 91 before really going heavy into this style of mfing, a lot of much smarter people have shown chances for tc87 uniques get much higher after level 91

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...