Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   9899 views

Description

Hey y’all, I have the runes for a chains of honour, I’ve decided on a
Wyrmhide
base to best balance def and strength requirements. This is going to be my first coh, so will be shared by my smiter, sorcs, other chars and mercs. So I don’t want this one to be
Eth

Thing is I have both a near perfect def
Wyrmhide
and a +14ed and +14dur superior one (467 vs 536 def). I know repair costs are astronomical for superior items. The final def roll difference for both should come out to 795 vs 865, so 70.

Any recommendations? I’m sorta leaning to the normal one, at least for this first one and any future cohs (haha, yea right) then I could do the sup and maybe
Eth
versions, but you know a
Ber
is a big thing to spend…

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Hey y’all, I have the runes for a chains of honour, I’ve decided on a
Wyrmhide
base to best balance def and strength requirements. This is going to be my first coh, so will be shared by my smiter, sorcs, other chars and mercs. So I don’t want this one to be
Eth

Thing is I have both a near perfect def
Wyrmhide
and a +14ed and +14dur superior one (467 vs 536 def). I know repair costs are astronomical for superior items. The final def roll difference for both should come out to 795 vs 865, so 70.

Any recommendations? I’m sorta leaning to the normal one, at least for this first one and any future cohs (haha, yea right) then I could do the sup and maybe
Eth
versions, but you know a
Ber
is a big thing to spend…
The general rule of thumb, if you want to have it retain some value in case of a potential trade/sale, is using 15ED superior or perfect defense non-superior.

If it's for self-use exclusively with no plans of trading it away, I'd go with the non-sup 467 (max is 470). The 14% ED won't translate into anything but higher repair costs on a CoH.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon hit the nail on the head.

14% ED superior might be good if you only plan to use it on a ranged char, since you wouldnt need to repair much, but if moving it back and forth between melee chars, then youll def want non-sup to save a ton of gold on repairs.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
It also depends on the builds that you planned to use CoH.
Ranged melee and caster should not get hit so often that it can be ok for them to use Superior Base.

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Understood, yea and I’m ssf offline, so it’ll never be traded. It’ll be with both ranged and melee chars, so I am expecting it to get damaged fairly often.

Thanks for the quick responses!

I made my first Enigma in a non superior base (
Mage Plate
) and I don’t regret it, shoulda known, just wanted to see if there was anything different with a coh.
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Ah yea I just checked my fort, I rolled it in a 12ed
Wyrmhide
and takes damn near a million gold to repair (thank god for
Ral
runes, still a hassle though)

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
I vote the non superior also. Repair costs of superior are insane even with a trav horker. Gold is better spent gambling and
Ral
crafting.
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Yea just rolled it in my non superior version. Nice to have a runeword that has no variables

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation