Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
41 replies   21277 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

There are many variations of this build depending on your budget, the type of damage you want to focus, uber or not and so on.

Dragon Talon
: max it if you want to do uber. Otherwise, 1 point. For normal farming, you will kill the target in just 1 or 2 (max 3) kicks. Maxed out DT means you will kill the target with 2 kicks then hit the air with your remaining 4 kicks.
Also + damage doesn't work with kick so no 3/20/20 but 36/20 instead.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Didnt know that. But I also had no clue what sc to put there. I didnt want to add "boring" MF

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Didnt know that. But I also had no clue what sc to put there. I didnt want to add "boring" MF
There's good reason to focus on survivability since you have to get up close to mobs and if you ever run out of charges you are more or less helpless for a few seconds.
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
There's good reason to focus on survivability since you have to get up close to mobs and if you ever run out of charges you are more or less helpless for a few seconds.
thats true, but if u wont be using
Fists of Fire
you can use
Cobra Strike
and you should be super safe. I havent played assa yet but this seems to me like very strong survivability.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
thats true, but if u wont be using
Fists of Fire
you can use
Cobra Strike
and you should be super safe. I havent played assa yet but this seems to me like very strong survivability.
I tried it out on single player but can't afford the runes yet on ladder.
Using
Cobra Strike
is certainly helpful while you are kicking, most of the time however you are running from pack to pack since everything is dead in under a second, this doesn't give you many opportunities for leeching, so if you are dying you will be either when you run into a difficult boss pack without charges or in-between packs from things like souls.
I tried it out on single player but can't afford the runes yet on ladder.
Using
Cobra Strike
is certainly helpful while you are kicking, most of the time however you are running from pack to pack since everything is dead in under a second, this doesn't give you many opportunities for leeching, so if you are dying you will be either when you run into a difficult boss pack without charges or in-between packs from things like souls.
The expiration timer is quite annoying. The time you spend to pick up item, load screen using TP WP or just you are running a low density area. That was fast :)
You have to re-build you charges to kill Diablo and
Baal

For cow, you also have to have a Town Portal in you cube, pick the leg, open TP to town, open TP to cow. You don't have enough time to come to
Atma
to buy Town Portal after picking the leg.

IMO, because of the expiration timer, this build as an end-game P1 build is NOT better than other popular builds (Javazon,
Nova
sorc, trapsin and so on)

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
IMO, because of the expiration timer, this build as an end-game P1 build is NOT better than other popular builds (Javazon,
Nova
sorc, trapsin and so on)
You merely have to get used to it and play accordingly to avoid timer expiration.

Using Dia and
Baal
as examples, you have at least two simple options to avoid running out of charges:
- Use
Mind Blast
. The
Conversion
expires in the time-gap between waves/
Baal
or last seal/dia respectively. This allows you to DF-1shot the converted add, refreshing your charges in between, letting you keep them up throughout the entire run.
- Get Enigma/
Teleport
. The gap between waves and
Baal
or seals and dia respectively is just long enough to
Teleport
out (of CS/throne room), DF a random add and
Teleport
back, arriving well in time for the spawn (so no time lost) but with refreshed charges (so also no charges lost).

The same kind of tricks exist for basically everything you do, including cows. In fact, cows is probably the easiest one as you can just buy the tome before you get the leg and have it ready in your cube. Leg -> tp back -> cube up -> enter cows, 15 seconds is more than plenty for that.

It is most certainly more stressful than many other end-game builds as you do have to keep active to avoid the expiration but then again, if you're trying to truly maximize your efficiency, you won't have 15 second breaks anywhere anyways so at that point, no real difference. The only time you truly lose by comparison is the initial
Charge
-up but that's a matter of <5 seconds, then (assuming you built your sin correctly which most folks don't, judging by streamers/YT/the pug sins I've seen) in turn giving you kill speed that really isn't rivaled by anything else, more than making up for the
Charge
-up time lost.
I finally gathered some Wealth on Ladder and got the Bases and Runes ready for Dual Mosaic.

For now, I want to try the
Dragon Tail
variant of the build (https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/dragon-tail-assassin) because I managed to get two nice Weapon Bases for this build.
Before the end of this season I want to also get a pair of
Claws
ready for the
Phoenix Strike
/Elemental Build.

My actual question:

My claw setup is
1)
Feral Claws

2)
Runic Talons

Would it make any difference which claw I put in which Weapon Slot ("left" or "right")?

Thanks in advance ;)

Trades possible on PC, Switch and Playstation
Eldryndor wrote: 1 year ago
Would it make any difference which claw I put in which Weapon Slot ("left" or "right")?
well I dont think so. Definitely I would put in left slot weapon with better IAS. On
Frenzy
barb I always try to put weapons on left (I hope thats first attacking weapon) with life leech or with any curse, so there would be chance it would proc when attacking with 1st weapon so 2nd weapon would use its benefits.

But as martialartsin, you basicly use them to
Charge
them up once in every game. And because you use 2 weapons each attack will be done with different weapon. You need plenty of charges so if you have odd number of charges, then weapon with better IAS should help you to
Charge
up few frames faster. But difference is really small.

Unless I am wrong :D

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Nova
sorc, trapsin and so on)
You merely have to get used to it and play accordingly to avoid timer expiration.

Using Dia and
Baal
as examples, you have at least two simple options to avoid running out of charges:
- Use
Mind Blast
. The
Conversion
expires in the time-gap between waves/
Baal
or last seal/dia respectively. This allows you to DF-1shot the converted add, refreshing your charges in between, letting you keep them up throughout the entire run.
- Get Enigma/
Teleport
. The gap between waves and
Baal
or seals and dia respectively is just long enough to
Teleport
out (of CS/throne room), DF a random add and
Teleport
back, arriving well in time for the spawn (so no time lost) but with refreshed charges (so also no charges lost).

The same kind of tricks exist for basically everything you do, including cows. In fact, cows is probably the easiest one as you can just buy the tome before you get the leg and have it ready in your cube. Leg -> tp back -> cube up -> enter cows, 15 seconds is more than plenty for that.

It is most certainly more stressful than many other end-game builds as you do have to keep active to avoid the expiration but then again, if you're trying to truly maximize your efficiency, you won't have 15 second breaks anywhere anyways so at that point, no real difference. The only time you truly lose by comparison is the initial
Charge
-up but that's a matter of <5 seconds, then (assuming you built your sin correctly which most folks don't, judging by streamers/YT/the pug sins I've seen) in turn giving you kill speed that really isn't rivaled by anything else, more than making up for the
Charge
-up time lost.
Orange part is really important to comfortably play, so my choice is to get
Mind Blast
on claw as a staff mode. And
Fade
also for that matter.

And I'd like to learn your build essentials for the Mosaic sin. That would be really helpful, I believe.

And also I'd like to add my point about bases:
Greater Talons
are the best for me due to low requirements and near damage output. It actually doesn't matter, especially in P1, but
Feral Claws
and
Runic Talons
have really high str and dex requirements, so I've chosen that way, and it really works well.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

xigua 63

I recently traded a
Greater Talons
for 2
Jah
Ber
with +3 PS and +2 MB - which was to me a little bit crazy, but I guess rune value deflated quite a bit
xigua wrote: 4 months ago
I recently traded a
Greater Talons
for 2
Jah
Ber
with +3 PS and +2 MB - which was to me a little bit crazy, but I guess rune value deflated quite a bit
+3
Phoenix Strike
is like arguably BiS on the
Claws
, and getting
Mind Blast
saves you a skill. Talons and runic's are your 2 best options from what I remember, so you had the right stuff line up, allowing the value you got. Everyone's value is subjective I honestly can't say for certain, but I can say I've not found a good +skill base for either of my Mosaics or plagues having played a lot. The only way it could have been better was having like
Shadow Master
or potentially
Death Sentry
for the few who like it but don't wanna spend 5 points. Saving points goes a longer way than most may realise, even
Dragon Flight
is great to have.

In a build with like 100+ points every point saved adds up to starting earlier and finishing earlier. a level 99 BiS build is cool but unrealistic for most. i tend to build for 85-90 W/ all + skill quests netting around 100 points to be allocated. Either way GZ on the claw one of a few.

Lastly idk how true it is since I haven't made these but apparently, all you need is base speed of 0
Claws
in general or you use the main hand offset speed "trick" if that's a thing in D2R

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
I'm going to make a Mosaic before ladder ends. I have three possible bases.

Greater Talons
with nothing.
Scissors Katar
with nothing.
Superior
Runic Talons
with +1
Claws of Thunder

The
Scissors Katar
have the lowest requirements at 55str/dex. The Runics are the highest at 115 str/dex.

Which one should I use?

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Not the katars, too low speed and normal base.
RT if you're at/close to the reqs with only a few more points invested. Else, GT.

Side note: Mosaic is only good by pair, so why not make both last ones ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 2 months ago
Not the katars, too low speed and normal base.
RT if you're at/close to the reqs with only a few more points invested. Else, GT.

Side note: Mosaic is only good by pair, so why not make both last ones ?
Ok, thanks. I haven't made the assassin yet. So GT seems like the better play to save points.

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
You still have a week to find good bases. If you have the runes, roll the runewords just one/two day before the date, try to get good bases till then. GT and RT are the best ones, if they have useful mods all the better.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
You still have a week to find good bases. If you have the runes, roll the runewords just one/two day before the date, try to get good bases till then. GT and RT are the best ones, if they have useful mods all the better.
Would you go RT+1CoT over GT? Seems like a lot of points.

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Depends a bit on what else you have. As said, 1 Mosaic is just bad, it's either 2 or 0.
So my advice would be if you find a 2nd RT, go double RT, if you find a 2nd GT, go double GT, if you don't find any more go with the 2 you have.

Annihilus
Depends a bit on what else you have. As said, 1 Mosaic is just bad, it's either 2 or 0.
So my advice would be if you find a 2nd RT, go double RT, if you find a 2nd GT, go double GT, if you don't find any more go with the 2 you have.
To get a second Mosaic I'd need to find
Gul
and
Mal
in Ladder by the time it resets. I have essentially nothing to trade and have low gear. So I'm looking at buying one after ladder ends. Seems like GT offers more flexibility.

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
departure wrote: 2 months ago
To get a second Mosaic I'd need to find
Gul
and
Mal
in Ladder by the time it resets. I have essentially nothing to trade and have low gear. So I'm looking at buying one after ladder ends. Seems like GT offers more flexibility.
Agreed on that. Just be aware that Mosaic on NL will be super expensive (except a giveaway here or runeword transfert to NL), like
Jah
+.

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation