Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   2632 views

Description

I have multiple characters on my D2 resurrected account. I logged into my sorceress char and all of my inventory items are missing except 2 lightning skillers and the
Horadric Cube
. Even my tomes of town portal and identify are gone. I dont even know what all I had on the char except a sorc torch and anni, but the inventory was COMPLETLY FULL of charms. What happened??? I don't notice any other characters missing anything. I do not think I was hacked. They would not have taken my tomes and left other high value items. I opened a ticket with Blizz, but don't think they can restore items........

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have multiple characters on my D2 resurrected account. I logged into my sorceress char and all of my inventory items are missing except 2 lightning skillers and the
Horadric Cube
. Even my tomes of town portal and identify are gone. I dont even know what all I had on the char except a sorc torch and anni, but the inventory was COMPLETLY FULL of charms. What happened??? I don't notice any other characters missing anything. I do not think I was hacked. They would not have taken my tomes and left other high value items. I opened a ticket with Blizz, but don't think they can restore items........
OP
I recently moved a tab full of rings and ammys from the shared stash to the sorc's personal stash. I noticed that a few of the rings and ammys are missing too. I heard something about having too many items causing deletions in the past, but didn't think that was still a thing. WTF, why create a stash that can hold that many items if your servers can't store the info. I have other characters full of small items like runes that haven't had a problem. Fuck me....I don't remember anything that was really valuable except a 19 life 17 mana small charm and the sorc torch....
It sounds like then that whatever they claimed to fix with 2.6 (which was the opposite scenario that has never exhibited buggy behavior to my knowledge) didn't address the 8 KB save file issue.
Blizzard wrote:
Fixed an issue where the Shared Stash could exceed the memory limit, which caused items in the player's inventory or Stash to be deleted.
I found that patch note suspect from the beginning because how could the more newly developed shared stash exceed a memory limit, or rather, why would the shared stash even have a paltry memory limit? It has 300 slots and was developed in 2021. The problem was never the shared stash!

I don't remember this being a thing in LoD, although according to someone on d2jsp, it was, but not a common occurrence. Now I realize that those idiots at ATVI simply decided to increase the character stash from 48 slots to 100 during D2R development without actually ensuring that the backend could support it.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP
I think the issue is still the personal stash. Things were fine with the rings and ammys in the shared stash. The items poofed when I put them in my personal stash. It had been so long since I had read about the glitch that I had forgotten why I kept them in the shared stash to begin with. I was like "all this free space in the shared stash will be so nice to transfer things around". I can't believe they never fixed this after a year and a half.

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
So sorry to hear that !

Any answer from Blizzard ?

Anything you really need that the community can help you with ?

Are you sure it's not linked to the "previous season" tickbox issue and the fact that end of s2 clears remainder of s1?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Guess we won't see a fix to the per-char overflow bugs until those, too result in a publicized duping method. :/
Sorry to hear.
Landros wrote: 1 year ago
I recently moved a tab full of rings and ammys from the shared stash to the sorc's personal stash. I noticed that a few of the rings and ammys are missing too. I heard something about having too many items causing deletions in the past, but didn't think that was still a thing. WTF, why create a stash that can hold that many items if your servers can't store the info. I have other characters full of small items like runes that haven't had a problem. Fuck me....I don't remember anything that was really valuable except a 19 life 17 mana small charm and the sorc torch....
This COULD be part of "anti dupe fix".

How duping method works:

TL:DR basicly you overload game (like DDoS attack) by selling tons of items with a lot of bonuses (number of lines on items description), then you quit game and make new game before D2r servers calculate what was actually sold. So lets say you sell Enigma, then you quit game and make new game asap. Server wouldnt finish process of "what was sold" so for server you never sold Enigma so you will spawn with Enigma which you already sold and you buy back the one you sold - which is still available at vendor (I think. I have never done it).

So if blizzard implemented some anti dupe method, then they would focus on items with a lot of bonuses. And runes has only 3 (weapon, armor/
Helm
, shield) while for example mentioned Enigma which has 11. So this should explain why your runes are OK and rings arent.

But why it is actually happening I have no clue.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
The fix is separate.
In fact, IF they had just applied that fix across the board and not just to your shared/past stash (as was presumably the case), this wouldn't have happened.

What's described here has been an issue since launch because the actual char saves - given enough "stuff to store" - exceed the pathetic, outdated size limitations. Said "stuff to store" is fairly little on magic and unique items and the like but rares and crafteds, due to being fully random on plenty of stats that need to be stored, can apparently quite easily exceed said limit if you keep too many of them.

If/when that happens, the game will start removing stuff until you're below the limit again.

Far as I recall, that removal wasn't random but goes by gold value of the item, starting with the lowest. That's why the first thing you see go poof is your charms and tomes and whatnot.

(my dumbed down best guess as to what's caused this since it has been a documented issue since day 1 with still no official fix afaik)
That really sucks.
I think I'm going to start moving some big random runewords to shared...

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Runewords aren't all that random/big.

So far, I've only ever heard of this becoming an issue with large amounts of rares/crafteds.
I hear you, but I think I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I hope you, the original poster that is, keeps us up to date.
OP
It did not have to do with the end of the ladder season since I have never played ladder. Still no word from Blizzard about 30 hours after opening the ticket, and I don't expect them to do anything based on reading their policy when trying to open the ticket. I found a post on reddit where the OP describes my situation almost exactly, and Blizzard did nothing to help. That was a year ago. I can't believe they never implemented a fix after all this time. One of the most frustrating parts is not even knowing what all got deleted. This char was my secondary char after my level 96 javazon. I loaded it up with some good charms that I have found during all that leveling. I think there were a few nice resist/life charms that poofed, and that 19 life 17 mana SC that apparently was worth a couple
Ber
. I have a bunch of plain resist charms sitting around, so I can probably at least max out my resists again. But the torch is what I miss the most. It took me 13 tries to get a sorc torch, and I ended up with i think an 18/15, so I was pretty much done grinding for keys. I can't even wear my equipment without it, and I don't have a spare for another class that has a high enough all attribute stat. A new sorc torch would be killer, or some resis SCs with str would help too. I haven't gotten a chance to make sure I don't already have the str resist charms on a mule yet though. I am glad it didn't happen to my main, but bummed it happened to my secondary. I wish I had stashed that jewelry on my assassin lol.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Yeah, sadly blizz seems to have a track record of not giving a damn that they broke your stuff so they are highly unlikely to restore anything.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
That having been said..once they confirm they won't do anything, reach out to me. I just sold my spare sorc torch like yesterday, sadly, but I can at least throw you the funds to buy a new one so you can use your gear again. Or..what's left of it. :/
OP
That is super cool of you. Luckily the gear I had equipped stayed put. So there's that. I will keep updated on anything from Blizz. Gotta run and work a 10 hour shift at work now.
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
That really sucks.
I think I'm going to start moving some big random runewords to shared...
Generally speaking, runewords aren't going to be an issue because the item sale value will usually be maxed due to the sale value of the runes that make up the runeword, and most runewords take up 3-8 inventory/stash slots, so the average item properties stored per slot is not dense.

I had a runeword poof on me over the weekend, but that was partly due to a bad Internet connection. I don't remember the exact details of when I realized it had poofed, but something got desynced due to some severe lag spikes I was getting from my ISP and my character got rolled back to an indeterminate state that didn't represent the beginning nor ending state of the previous game. At best, I might have duped a quiver of arrows?

Either way, an obligatory FU to Comcast.

EPOCH FAIL
OP
Still no word from Blizzard. One thing that I did was took advantage of the holiday sale and bought another copy of d2r for about 13 bucks. Anything questionable will now go in the shared stash of the new account.
It doesn't take over three days to get a response considering I got one in minutes back when I first bought the game a day before a sale. I'm sure you already know it, but you're not going to get a response from them at this point.

Only in the game industry is it acceptable for a customer to buy another instance of your product as a workaround to your developers' incompetence. That says a lot about them and us as well.

EPOCH FAIL
Blizz needs to update their size limits because that over run buffer (deleting stuff starting with the lowest value, if at all) is just bollocks.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I don't know how the game handles the constant shifting of items that appear in game, what's certain is that the items in your stash/inventory change over time like everything else, there cannot be a record of every modification that occurs with this, as the sheer number of changes per character/per server would require a database that would be too complex and large to handle for the single purpose of keeping track of everything everybody does in game. since this is a bug and from what i read in this topic the issue was encountered before, blizz is probably aware of it, because it was reported, and they probably haven't figured out what causes it and how to reproduce it exactly, as they don't have a log of what happens on the char itsself when this happens, hence no answer. therefore we can assume they cannot rollback the changes that occured because of this bug(i think if they would do this people would find out and just say it has happened to them: "i lost 500
Jah
"). conclusion: yes, bug, cause unknown because no logs of what happened and this bug occures in extremely rare circumstances, cannot undo changes to inventory since lack of logs and because people that are affected can't provide any proof of the said bug.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...