62 replies   7172 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
GooberGirl wrote: 1 year ago
I wanted to tinker with some of this stuff, but I can't seem to be able to make them in SP. =( Am I missing something?

Also, good luck everyone in ladder!
What runes are you using? Keep in mind the RW was changed from
Thul
on PTR to
Amn
now.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
What runes are you using? Keep in mind the RW was changed from
Thul
on PTR to
Amn
now.
Son of a.... Yup, totally a me thing. Thanks for the reminder!
Charges count already exist in Korean version of the game :P

Relax and have fun!
OP

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
And by korean version you mean yet another tolerated overlay mod? :o

Soli 14

Playstation
I'm at the point where I'm considering respec'ing to lower my FoF skills.

I'm fully geared out and am looking at removing +skills. I'm at 34 FoF, and I'm missing the life leech.

I was of the opinion that I should max out FoF because it's a PS synergy, also because I'll use it outright. But maybe I should just back it off to 14/15 skill points and then dump those in
Cobra Strike
or
Weapon Block
?

Have one stat/skill reset left, so looking to pick others brains before committing!
OP

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
You're not losing anything on PS by dropping your FoF.

Unlike the others, PS only hits with the
Charge
you have up, not all 3. So if you get 2 (light) or 3 (cold) charges of PS up, you don't trigger the
Meteor
, meaning all of that synergy improvement to it from FoF doesn't actually do anything anyways. And if you do run PS at 1
Charge
for
Meteor
spam then..well, you're doing it wrong cuz nothing should live long enough for that
Meteor
to even land. :P

FoF still isn't bad as a dmg addition in and by itself but it doesn't need to be capped. Personally, I'd say put pts into it until you notice your leech dropping lower than you're comfortable with. Then respec one last time to that minus 1. Though I guess that's 1 more respec than you have left. Alternatively, just put 1 hard point into it, have +skill pump it to a still decent lvl, call it a day. Some FoF bonus but still plenty phys to leech with.

Soli 14

Playstation

Charge
you have up, not all 3. So if you get 2 (light) or 3 (cold) charges of PS up, you don't trigger the
Meteor
, meaning all of that synergy improvement to it from FoF doesn't actually do anything anyways. And if you do run PS at 1
Charge
for
Meteor
spam then..well, you're doing it wrong cuz nothing should live long enough for that
Meteor
I’m not 1 hit
Ko
’ing Ubers yet, so the meteors have time to land ;)

Soli 14

Playstation

Charge
Meteor
Charge
for
Meteor
Meteor

FoF still isn't bad as a dmg addition in and by itself but it doesn't need to be capped. Personally, I'd say put pts into it until you notice your leech dropping lower than you're comfortable with. Then respec one last time to that minus 1. Though I guess that's 1 more respec than you have left. Alternatively, just put 1 hard point into it, have +skill pump it to a still decent lvl, call it a day. Some FoF bonus but still plenty phys to leech with.
So my solution to my leech problem has been to not use FoF charges. Lol, problem solved.

ShadowHeart 1762Moderator

Europe PC
Hey, at least that's one less skill to
Charge
-up during setup :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Soli 14

Playstation
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Hey, at least that's one less skill to
Charge
-up during setup :P
I miss the red part of the disco light ball, it was my favourite flair haha.
Playing her for the first day what this reminds me of is the
Iceblink
barb in classic.
Same energy but with a few extra steps (or charges ^^)
Does this still crash PCs?
Some observations for those, probably most of us who do not have an Enigma:
  • FRW helps a lot, I use Hustle 40% frw
    Boots
    and a Harmony merc, you can also switch back and forth between
    Burst of Speed
    and
    Fade
  • Never completely clear an area of mobs in case you have to backtrack.
  • Use
    Dragon Flight
    when you first engage a pack, with that much FRW it will be difficult to click mobs, this also is useful so your merc will catch up.
  • Have
    Mind Blast
    hot keyed so that you can safely
    Charge
    back up if you lost your charges.
  • A good Ravenfrost is a must have.

Charge
Meteor
Charge
for
Meteor
Meteor

Schnorki, did you ever land on a preferred MA build? I've been watching this thread since you first started experimented and now that I am ready to build one, I see variations with upsides and downsides, most notably points allocated to
Fists of Fire
and
Dragon Talon
vs
Dragon Claw
. I am interested in what you think works best and at various players counts if you have any thoughts on that. Thanks.
OP

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I landed on a couple actually, depending on what you do with it. For general PvE I'd stick with elemental (blades/
Claws
/ps/...) and then just DF with lvl 1 talon.

For ubers and dclone hunting and whatnot
Dragon Tail
with tiger offers a rather solid alternative. To make that actually better though, you really need to optimize your gear. The elemental version is far more forgiving but in that case better with full talon.

That having been said, I'm not actively playing any. ;)
Gets too boring too quick imo (obviously quite subjective there).

Soli 14

Playstation
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
Some observations for those, probably most of us who do not have an Enigma:
  • FRW helps a lot, I use Hustle 40% frw
    Boots
    and a Harmony merc, you can also switch back and forth between
    Burst of Speed
    and
    Fade
  • Never completely clear an area of mobs in case you have to backtrack.
  • Use
    Dragon Flight
    when you first engage a pack, with that much FRW it will be difficult to click mobs, this also is useful so your merc will catch up.
  • Have
    Mind Blast
    hot keyed so that you can safely
    Charge
    back up if you lost your charges.
  • A good Ravenfrost is a must have.

So Im now at the stage where I have a decision to make. Enigma or Infinity?

Conviction
is probably a huge damage boost but
Teleport
is huge. I made the decision to slip on CoH over Hustle and soon after put on a Cat's Eye and a Harmony slave cause it just didn't feel good to move so slow.

My decision my come down to my bases. I have an ethereal 4os CV. But a ethereal 4os
Thresher
on NL. I can trade/find a 3 OS AP, I have a 3 OS
Mage Plate
. Hmmm.
I you ask me it depends on how decked out you are and you play style.
If you are already one shotting mobs everything on higher player get the Enigma.
Also I don't get why people get so hung up on Enigma bases. You can get essentially the same def value with any elite base. And only very view builds can take advantage of high def armor anyway because you need some skill to enhance it to be relevant in mobs hitting you.(
Defiance
Iron Skin
Chilling Armor
, etc..)
I wish I could say I was having fun working towards this build however I'm stuck without my first Mosaic and the journey for me has been frustrating at best.

My lack of good armor, resists, and anything good to trade effectively has me effectively stuck at Lv 76 in A2 Hell. I tried switching out my A2 merc for an A1 merc with an Insight bow, Treachery, and a
Tal Rasha
's
Mask
because that's what I've got from what I've found and traded which improved survivability, but not much. Missile weapons of any kind hit like a truck and I've lost count of the number of times that's screwed me over now.

Finally found a
Gul
in A2 Hell yesterday but still no
Mal
to build out my first Mosaic claw.

I've been running Pattern on both hands just to keep the resists up, and have two random +skills
Claws
on the swap to buff
Burst of Speed
and
Fade
as needed.

I imagine I just need to respec and get some points elsewhere as the build guide I've been using needs optimal gear, and the budget gear build also isn't working out for me. Got 83 points to use, I'd welcome some ideas...https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/hw010666
OP

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Soli wrote: 1 year ago
So Im now at the stage where I have a decision to make. Enigma or Infinity?
Both. Neither. Either. Insomnia nailed it in that in really boils down to your current gear and play style (or rather play location). Generally speaking, an elemental Mosaic sin can annihilate basically any place in solid time without either. If/when you are at that stage, both are luxury pieces and which one is the bigger gain really depends on what you do:

Enigma cuts off significant run-time for things like ubers, keys, ... but really doesn't do much for full zone clears where you just dragonflight from one pack to the next anyways. Enigma also enables easier
Charge
-management, allowing you to tele out and back into CS for diablo for a quick refresh before he spawns. Same goes for
Baal
. So depending on where/what you tend to farm, the bonus from getting an Enigma is anywhere between "really quite small" to "very significant".

Infinity adds damage. That's basically it. If you are otherwise relatively decked and you do most of your farming on lower player counts, stuff should reliably die before Infinity would even tick to apply the aura, making the gain from it small to non-existent. And yet, if you run at higher player counts or focus on things like ubers, it does add a rather significant chunk to your overall performance. So that, too boils down to what/where you farm.

Though the mere thought of a CV Infinity seriously makes me cringe. Out of Principle more than anything. If you farmed up >2
Ber
to build one to begin with, farming another
Gul
to
Vex
to get a proper base shouldn't be too big an ask imo.

Tey_Rossa wrote: 1 year ago
My lack of good armor, resists, and anything good to trade effectively has me effectively stuck at Lv 76 in A2 Hell.
Stick with A1 then. One of the rather convenient things about Mosaic is that you don't need anything beyond a
Gul
to make it, meaning it is relatively (absurdly) cheap as compared to basically any other true main endgame piece (not counting some 40
Ber
perfect base of course). As such, you can basically farm everything you need off of countess. Given, the odds of a direct
Gul
aren't the best as her bonus rune table only goes up to
Ist
but the odds of getting a
Mal
and
Ist
really aren't bad, not even counting the keys you can trade for full sets to then trade for
Gul
+.

Given, that assumes you can take care of countess relatively efficiently at least and it also assumes you're not offline SSF (i.e. have access to trading) but working with those assumptions, it shouldn't be too hard to get the rest of what you're missing.

And once you do..it becomes night and day, even without any other gear, thanks to opening up the inherent over-stacking along with ridiculous enough leech to keep you going even in otherwise crap gear.
Tey_Rossa wrote: 1 year ago

Finally found a
Gul
in A2 Hell yesterday but still no
Mal
to build out my first Mosaic claw.
My thanks to a generous community member for donating a
Gul
to me today. This community is awesome at helping each other out!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation