Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   3025 views

Description

Was just doing some offhand Pindle farming in Ladder to level my assassin before taking on Hell
Baal
. On one hand, I feel like this is a
Rite of Passage
because, yanno, THE high rune finally dropped. Buuuuuuut...

Now that I have it, I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm thinking of building the Requisite Enigma but working up a
Jah
might take a while. I COULDS finally get my Sorc her Infinity, but that needs another
Ber
and and probably not as useful for a Cold Sorc as finally getting an Enigma.

Runeword, sell it? Not sure. I THINK most of my builds are good if most aren't BiS.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Description by Atrele

Can be used to make Runewords:

Was just doing some offhand Pindle farming in Ladder to level my assassin before taking on Hell
Baal
. On one hand, I feel like this is a
Rite of Passage
because, yanno, THE high rune finally dropped. Buuuuuuut...

Now that I have it, I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm thinking of building the Requisite Enigma but working up a
Jah
might take a while. I COULDS finally get my Sorc her Infinity, but that needs another
Ber
and and probably not as useful for a Cold Sorc as finally getting an Enigma.

Runeword, sell it? Not sure. I THINK most of my builds are good if most aren't BiS.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
It depends a lot on where you are in your builds actually and what you build. :)

On my side, I have a list of what I miss and how I prioritize those, so my answer would be "check the 2 or 3 next items in my buy list and see what I wanna buy / build with this".

Cold sorc is probably not the one needing most Infi if you have a sunder. However a
Ber
should put you quite close to Chains of Honor if you want this.

Enigma is just a wonder for many builds like Hammerdin, mostly any necro, and many others, so it would instinctively be my first idea.

Sin is probably not the one needing it most due to BoS being great, but if you're more about
Fade
and traps, it would definitely be good as well.

Finally, if you don't have Annis (well for that one get a Free one, there are tons now!) Torch and
Gheed
for your chars, that may be the first pick as well.

And overall, it's your choice and it cannot be too wrong. :D

Congrats and good luck !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Congratulations.

I don't have anything else to add.

[Edit]
I thought of something I wanted to add.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Finally, if you don't have Annis (well for that one get a Free one, there are tons now!) Torch and
Gheed
for your chars, that may be the first pick as well.
I might get hammered for this by some--probably not here--people, but I'd suggest that you not spend your
Ber
on a Torch... or even three or four. You can get nice torches for a
Vex
all day long. The difference between a
Vex
Hellfire Torch
and a
Ber
Hellfire Torch
is barely noticeable unless you are already at 99% gearing.
[/Edit]

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Absolutely, you're right. Was meaning to split the
Ber
and buy a medium one for
Vex
. Sins one are super cheap (got a high one for
Vex
), sorcs are much more expensive, but torches are definitely game changers. Same for
Gheed
's, a low one (or free one) is waaaay better than none .

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Absolutely, you're right. Was meaning to split the
Ber
and buy a medium one for
Vex
. Sins one are super cheap (got a high one for
Vex
), sorcs are much more expensive, but torches are definitely game changers. Same for
Gheed
's, a low one (or free one) is waaaay better than none .
Oh, okay. Then yeah, I agree with you.

And I've noticed and experienced that as well, and I'm not entirely sure why that is the case. I spent four times as much on my Sorceress
Hellfire Torch
than the Assassin... which is also better.

The
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch
Gheed's Fortune
charm combination really does make quite a difference.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The reason is simply because there are a least 5x more sorceresses than sins in the game and they all need a torch. :)

Annihilus
OP
Oh, I already have pretty decent Assassin, Paladin (near perfect, dropped in my first solo
Uber Tristram
!), and Amazon torches. A sorc torch would be lovely, but I'm not worried too much about it yet.
Atrele wrote: 1 year ago
Oh, I already have pretty decent Assassin, Paladin (near perfect, dropped in my first solo
Uber Tristram
!), and Amazon torches. A sorc torch would be lovely, but I'm not worried too much about it yet.
In that case, I'd second the suggestion to follow through on saving up for Engima.

I can't speak for those three, but I have an Enigma in my Necromancers stash for grinding and finding adventures. For certain area combinations, it is a huge time saver for the Necromancer.

You can even move it back and forth depending on mood or whatever until you accumulate more Wealth.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Nec already touched on this but just for emphasis:
Do not, neither first nor ever, blow your
Ber
on an Infinity for a cold sorc. EVER.

A cold sorc can push any target to -100 res with
Cold Mastery
alone, typically without ever even coming close to having to max CM once you get some gear on her. As a result,
Conviction
(and by extension Infinity) are completely wasted on her as -100 is the hard
Cap
for negative resistances. All the aura will still do is improve your merc's hit chance (due to dropping defense), effectively making it an overpriced solid but far from BiS damage stick for him. Don't do that.

Infinity for your assassin on the other hand - assuming she's a trapper - is actually a massive damage boost. Though I would argue that she will gain far more from an Enigma than she will from Infinity initially so I'd focus on saving up for that first.

The alternative is of course to indeed break the
Ber
into lower runes and to buy honestly nearly everything else your sin + sorc will want (minus top-end bits like a solid
Death's Fathom
). Though personally, I'd focus on Enigma for the sin first, even if that does make the
Ber
just sit around for now. The gain from your first Enigma is just game changingly massive.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
A cold sorc can push any target to -100 res with
Cold Mastery
alone, typically without ever even coming close to having to max CM once you get some gear on her. As a result,
Conviction
(and by extension Infinity) are completely wasted on her as -100 is the hard
Cap
for negative resistances. All the aura will still do is improve your merc's hit chance (due to dropping defense), effectively making it an overpriced solid but far from BiS damage stick for him. Don't do that.

Infinity for your assassin on the other hand - assuming she's a trapper - is actually a massive damage boost. Though I would argue that she will gain far more from an Enigma than she will from Infinity initially so I'd focus on saving up for that first.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. She has 72%
Cold Rupture
, 25 in CM... does she really need
Conviction
that badly?

On the other hand, you're absolutely right about the Assassin, especially since I AM running a trapper. I think the Enigma might be more useful though, and easily shared should I need.
Cold Rupture
Conviction
that badly?
I don't know if you are making the same mistake I made at first, but I'd like to say just in case that the sunder charms rating--here being -72--is the penalty you face for having them in your inventory not the reduction enemies face by them.
OP
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
Cold Rupture
Conviction
that badly?
I don't know if you are making the same mistake I made at first, but I'd like to say just in case that the sunder charms rating--here being -72--is the penalty you face for having them in your inventory not the reduction enemies face by them.
Oh I know. <3 Pain in the ass, but manageable.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...