diablo2.io is supported by ads
87 replies   11805 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
ghostpos wrote: 1 year ago
Couldn't they have reduced some elemental resistances on enemies to achieve the same affect as sunder charms? Now it's just more inventory space required.
If they had dropped all the immunes to 95 max, then yeah.

Back in the day, someone had the bright idea to introduce immunities to the game and figured it'd be a good way to make it harder.
Imo that was just idiotic to begin with as it did nothing to make the game more challenging. It merely made it binary. "Cold immunes here? Alright, not going there then.".
But instead of simply undoing that addition of immunities, they chose to come up with some convoluted dumbass way of doing it that makes you blow 3 slots in your inventory on what is basically circumventing an entire game mechanic while leaving it just as not-challenging-but-binary for pre-sunder levels/play.

Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
So even on the topic of the Sorceress's elemental masteries, why is cold different than fire and lightning, and why do cold immune monsters have such a drastically higher resistance to their immune element compared to their fire and lightning immune counterparts if
Cold Mastery
can't break their immunity in the first place?
Old, ooold mechanics. There was a time, however brief, where
Cold Mastery
broke immunities. It actually came back for an equally brief period in D2:R. Knowing that that was an option and probably the original plan (since it happened quite early on), it'd make sense to drive cold immunes to massive res as they would be far easier countered via mastery. They merely forgot to tone down those resistances again when CM was made to not break anything.

Also, what was the motivation to add immunities in 1.07 and how does that relate to the current product team's desire to remove them? Do they not have phones know how to revert changes?
See further up (educated guess + vaguely remembering ancient statements from a bygone time).
The current team really just seems largely unmotivated, ignorant and incompetent. They're not exactly hiding the fact that they don't think things through, can't even be asked to take a single look at their "bright ideas" in terms of testing and probably don't have a single person that actually plays this game. Can't expect them to do anything logical, let alone involving actual thinking and work re existing mechanics.

That's where I would have focused my attention rather than inventing sunder charms, but I ask "why" a lot by profession and I care about underlying principles rather than stacking layers of workarounds to circumvent problems.

I wouldn't last a day at ATVI.
That'd still be half a day longer than I'd endure there before finding a nice tree and a thick rope. Or a barrel of rum. More likely a barrel of rum.
Illusions wrote: 1 year ago
im considering not to play ladder this time, have to be some very good new 'stuff' on ladder for me to play from scratch again
I too, am not playing ladder this time around. I am quite content with the substancial ammount of runewords from S.2 Ladder, that I can spread over onto non ladder and my 3 other ladder chars.

I will be able to move charms/gear/gems and make the solid Gem/Jewel/Charm mules, so that I can begin crafting. I have made all the ladder runewords so I can bring over to nonladder, and if I decide to trade, I can make "Mint" on those trades and still come up, on top!

Cheers, Ladder S.3 Denizens!!! Good luck, and have fun. Try out those new midlvl RW's and see what they are like...</wave>
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
ghostpos wrote: 1 year ago
Couldn't they have reduced some elemental resistances on enemies to achieve the same affect as sunder charms? Now it's just more inventory space required.
If they had dropped all the immunes to 95 max, then yeah.

Back in the day, someone had the bright idea to introduce immunities to the game and figured it'd be a good way to make it harder.
Imo that was just idiotic to begin with as it did nothing to make the game more challenging. It merely made it binary. "Cold immunes here? Alright, not going there then.".
But instead of simply undoing that addition of immunities, they chose to come up with some convoluted dumbass way of doing it that makes you blow 3 slots in your inventory on what is basically circumventing an entire game mechanic while leaving it just as not-challenging-but-binary for pre-sunder levels/play.

So even on the topic of the Sorceress's elemental masteries, why is cold different than fire and lightning, and why do cold immune monsters have such a drastically higher resistance to their immune element compared to their fire and lightning immune counterparts if
Cold Mastery
can't break their immunity in the first place?
Old, ooold mechanics. There was a time, however brief, where
Cold Mastery
broke immunities. It actually came back for an equally brief period in D2:R. Knowing that that was an option and probably the original plan (since it happened quite early on), it'd make sense to drive cold immunes to massive res as they would be far easier countered via mastery. They merely forgot to tone down those resistances again when CM was made to not break anything.

Also, what was the motivation to add immunities in 1.07 and how does that relate to the current product team's desire to remove them? Do they not have phones know how to revert changes?
See further up (educated guess + vaguely remembering ancient statements from a bygone time).
The current team really just seems largely unmotivated, ignorant and incompetent. They're not exactly hiding the fact that they don't think things through, can't even be asked to take a single look at their "bright ideas" in terms of testing and probably don't have a single person that actually plays this game. Can't expect them to do anything logical, let alone involving actual thinking and work re existing mechanics.

NEONRACER'S REPLY:

I got rid of my charms. I had them, but they were taking up space. I tried with the charms, then off, w/o the charms, makes a tiny bit of difference, then back off again, making it a tiny bit harder. I go everywhere, I don't just go to specific places b.c of immunities? Ppl are soo ignorant or childish. I remember a guy complaining he can't do Hell Act IV runz, b.c the cold immunities on his cold sorc.. I said just lvl & make a hybrid sorc....

Some ppl just can't deal with game mechanics. Play it, and you will be able to decide, " how can I better equip or make myself to make my toon stronger to defeat a specific mob or zone? How can I overcome it?"
Rem, its not life.. its a game, there are many webpages( icyveins etc) and diff content creators( MrLLamaSC, Dbrunski125 etc) that help you make diff types of chars... watch them, they are your friends, and can help you.)

kk I'm out. Cheers!!!
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
What are your plans for starting season 3 guys?
The usual: Doing a Blizz Sorc, building an Edge and selling all Annis that drop for Runes
I have like a ton of annis from killing that Dclone Bish.....

On Nonladder, how much you think on trade, you think I can fetch for them over there?

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Neonracer wrote: 1 year ago
I got rid of my charms. I had them, but they were taking up space. I tried with the charms, then off, w/o the charms, makes a tiny bit of difference, then back off again, making it a tiny bit harder. I go everywhere, I don't just go to specific places b.c of immunities? Ppl are soo ignorant or childish. I remember a guy complaining he can't do Hell Act IV runz, b.c the cold immunities on his cold sorc.. I said just lvl & make a hybrid sorc....

Some ppl just can't deal with game mechanics. Play it, and you will be able to decide, " how can I better equip or make myself to make my toon stronger to defeat a specific mob or zone? How can I overcome it?"
And while that is certainly your right, many folks prefer to optimize and be efficient at what they do, which in a game that gives you the freedom to choose your zone very rarely (pretty much never) goes hand in hand with a hybrid build. Even more so since we got more alvl 85s added. That's neither ignorant nor childish.

Quite the opposite in fact. Ignoring immunes and going elsewhere doesn't make you incapable of dealing with game mechanics, it merely makes you more efficient than you would be if you dealt with all sorts of immunes in some half-baked hybrid build that is ultimately typically just worse at both.

In the end, you (subject to immunities) have a simple choice:
A) Accept that you are limited in terms of where you spend your time but in turn be able to truly optimize your build and shine in the zones you do bother with
or B) Go for some hybrid approach that will generally make you worse at both and ultimately slower and worse at everything you do but in turn be able to show that mediocre performance in more zones

Which one you should go with is simply a matter of personal preference, both in terms of "optimization vs. jack of all trades" in general and (probably even more so) in terms of "where and with what build do I actually enjoy playing with?". Either approach has merit. Neither is inherently childish or ignorant.
Neonracer wrote: 1 year ago

And while that is certainly your right, many folks prefer to optimize and be efficient at what they do, which in a game that gives you the freedom to choose your zone very rarely (pretty much never) goes hand in hand with a hybrid build. Even more so since we got more alvl 85s added. That's neither ignorant nor childish.

Quite the opposite in fact. Ignoring immunes and going elsewhere doesn't make you incapable of dealing with game mechanics, it merely makes you more efficient than you would be if you dealt with all sorts of immunes in some half-baked hybrid build that is ultimately typically just worse at both.

In the end, you (subject to immunities) have a simple choice:
A) Accept that you are limited in terms of where you spend your time but in turn be able to truly optimize your build and shine in the zones you do bother with
or B) Go for some hybrid approach that will generally make you worse at both and ultimately slower and worse at everything you do but in turn be able to show that mediocre performance in more zones

Which one you should go with is simply a matter of personal preference, both in terms of "optimization vs. jack of all trades" in general and (probably even more so) in terms of "where and with what build do I actually enjoy playing with?". Either approach has merit. Neither is inherently childish or ignorant.

LOL..hehe quoting my ignorance comment here, LMAO... ok....

I will be brief, so that you do not go into a quoating storm here.. Let anyone do what they want, fine. I just perfer to go outside of the boundaries, b.c like what you are saying, is the same exactly what I saw on FFXI. Wash, rinse, repeat. Its gets boring after a while. Some ppl, ( LIKE ME...) like to try and do different things, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Done Rant
~Touche~

Ohh Lookie, I leveled up.. #3!!!! Thank you!!

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
That's exactly the point. Play how you prefer. There is indeed nothing wrong with that. Just don't call others childish and ignorant for doing the same.
That's exactly the point. Play how you prefer. There is indeed nothing wrong with that. Just don't call others childish and ignorant for doing the same.
hmmm.. are you really here to police what is being said? its just an opinion. You must get unundated with millions of opinions.

edited: Fixed

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...