Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   1902 views

Description

I just found a
Sur
rune so I wanted to make a Pride runeword for my zon. In offline solo, can Pride be made in spears? I have an
Eth
Mancatcher
and an
Eth
Ghost Spear

Can be used to make Runewords:

I just found a
Sur
rune so I wanted to make a Pride runeword for my zon. In offline solo, can Pride be made in spears? I have an
Eth
Mancatcher
and an
Eth
Ghost Spear

moot11 117

Americas PC
I think that it works as of the 2.4 patch. But I don't think that you would want to do it in an
Eth
base!
If you intend on using it yourself(not for merc) then you will break it!
OP
moot11 wrote: 1 year ago
I think that it works as of the 2.4 patch. But I don't think that you would want to do it in an
Eth
base!
If you intend on using it yourself(not for merc) then you will break it!
Sorry I meant for my zon’s mercenary lol. I’m just not sure if single player is on patch 2.4

moot11 117

Americas PC
Yeah it's hard to be sure but I think that it will work. A cheap test would be to make an Insight in a bow. This was another 2.4 update

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Offline solo allows for the same runewords/drops as online ladder, excluding sunder charms because you don't have
Terror
zones offline. And even if not, the
Spear
addition isn't a new runeword but merely a change to an existing one (i.e. works online non-ladder as well).

So yes, a Pride
Spear
should work offline solo. "Should" as in "there's no reason it wouldn't but I haven't confirmed it personally (because I prefer poles)".

If you have any doubts, seeing how you're offline solo, just create a backup of your save file first and if for some reason it doesn't work (although it really should), just undo it.

Ymp 31

Europe PC
Can Pride be made online non ladder since 2.5?

Check out my almost FREE trade here: trade/and-id-items-for-gems-t1211594.html

NL - SC - PC

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ymp wrote: 1 year ago
Can Pride be made online non ladder since 2.5?
It's not a 2.4 runeword, it was even feasible before. You don't
Confuse
with Plague or Pattern ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Ymp 31

Europe PC
Ah right, I might have.

Is there a specific rule in place that one can use to determine when a once ladder-only RW becomes available to craft in non-ladder?

NL - SC - PC

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Blizzard's decision.

Plague, Pattern, Flickering Flame, Obsession and Unbending Will are the 5 concerned as of now (hope I haven't forgotten a 6th one) as being added in 2.4.

At start of Ladder S1 they implied the runewords would be craftable at end of season and... they reverted it and left them ladder only for S2.

Who knows what they'll do for S3...

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Ymp wrote: 1 year ago
Ah right, I might have.

Is there a specific rule in place that one can use to determine when a once ladder-only RW becomes available to craft in non-ladder?
The current rule is easy enough to remember:
Never.

Just don't
Confuse
D2 ladder gear with D2:R ladder gear. Everything that used to be ladder-only in OG D2 has become non-ladder as well in D2:R since day one. Since S1 however, D2:R now has its own ladder-only stuff (the new runewords & set upgrades in S1, sunders in S2, ..) and while they did originally say they were planning to make ladder stuff available (read: can craft/drop, not just transfer from ladder to trade) non-ladder as well post-season, they never did after S1. So regardless of what they said initially, the actions taken (or..not taken) so far just say "never".

Ymp 31

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Blizzard's decision.

Plague, Pattern, Flickering Flame, Obsession and Unbending Will are the 5 concerned as of now (hope I haven't forgotten a 6th one) as being added in 2.4.

At start of Ladder S1 they implied the runewords would be craftable at end of season and... they reverted it and left them ladder only for S2.

Who knows what they'll do for S3...
Ye you both nailed it pretty well. D2R S1, S2 ladder-only stuff stays ladder-only for now, and this might or might not change in the future.

Thanks for info!

NL - SC - PC
OP
Thanks for info everyone. I my Pride in my
Ghost Spear
and it’s working great. I was confused because they added the ability to craft Pride in spears in patch 2.4. I was unsure of the exact patch offline is currently in on the N switch.

Nate 535

Switch
Congrats!

So is there a consensus on what’s the best base for a merc’s Pride? Looking to make one for my bowazon one of these days (just need either a
Cham
Jah
Ber
or
Sur
to drop)
Any
Eth
4os Elite base is fine.
He is there to provide the auras, not killing.

Relax and have fun!

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Congrats!

So is there a consensus on what’s the best base for a merc’s Pride? Looking to make one for my bowazon one of these days (just need either a
Cham
Jah
Ber
or
Sur
to drop)

My tier List
Eth
base for merc Pride/Infinity:

War Pike

Mancatcher

Stygian Pike
\
Ghost Spear

4. Gaint
Thresher

Great Poleaxe

Thresher
(i make my Pride in
Thresher
because it was at the time of cooking 2 Infinity make same. Also because it was not possible to do in spears)
Cryptic Axe

if I was doing Pride to use amazon, 1 then I would have drunk hard to begin with because in a sober mind I wouldn't do this, and in 2
Matriarchal Pike
with +3 java

why not pick up Pride yourself ? yes because he doesn't have an ED
no damage Carlllll!

although it's not for me to judge, ... I just imagine myself in the player's place.... I only have an Amazon with a
Spear
... and I was already tired of some kind of unique
Spear
, and then there was an opportunity to collect Pride, well, the first thing I would pay attention to is how much damage will increase, because due to the lack of ED Pride will not give a lot of damage.
And this is a lot, not a little, but almost half of Infinity
Lo
+
Sur
find 2
Lo
=
Ber
and ...tot a little effort to find the second Beer is already Infinity and this is the end of the game .... almost... in the end, no one asked him if he had Fortitude, because his damage and vitality would grow stronger if he collected Fortiutude from
Lo
.... in short, dissuade the guy from making the mistake of collecting Pride for Amazon

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Bass 76

mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Any
Eth
4os Elite base is fine.
He is there to provide the auras, not killing.
in description we have Pride for Amazon not Pride for MERC Amazon

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Bass wrote: 1 year ago
I answered the question of Nate about merc’s Pride.
The OP meant for his zon’s mercenary too.

Relax and have fun!

Bass 76

mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Bass wrote: 1 year ago
I answered the question of Nate about merc’s Pride.
The OP meant for his zon’s mercenary too.
oh okay ! for merc Pride is good
but not in order to pick it up yourself

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...