Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   5399 views

Description

i've only ever played a summoner, but now i have dweb+Enigma i'll try a poisonmancer.

it seems there are 2 build choices:

3 piece trangs, 50fcr, 75 poison
Pierce
, or,

Spirit, 75fcr, 50 poison
Pierce

(cant afford a 2/20 necro
Circlet
, so it's the green shower
Cap
)

thanks

Can be used to make Runewords:

i've only ever played a summoner, but now i have dweb+Enigma i'll try a poisonmancer.

it seems there are 2 build choices:

3 piece trangs, 50fcr, 75 poison
Pierce
, or,

Spirit, 75fcr, 50 poison
Pierce

Circlet
Cap
)

thanks
I would not consider any Spirit variant at all. There are much better options. The two main build variants are as follows:

1. 3 Piece Trangs

Homunculus
and
Arachnid Mesh

Option 1 is my favorite, but has less FCR and isn't as naturally tanky as #2. #2 is better than a Spirit build because
Homunculus
is so much better. It gives you great block if you want to go max block, it lets you use a poison facet, it has higher resistances and can also accept
Um
or
Perfect Diamond
...etc.

The role of Spirit on a Poison Necromancer is on swap with CTA, which usually allows an extra frame of FCR when teleporting that isn't necessary when fighting.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
+1 on above.
Would also add that a low 2/20
Coronet
is buyable at less than
Ist
, especially now after the super gambling days.

Also try to facet DWeb, there is at least one free facet on the site - just filter on free :)
Most important value on facet is -res.

Also try to get a sunder- same, saw a free one around, not sure it's still available

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
Circlet
Cap
)
I can hook you up with a free 2/20 rare nec circ if you want. On non-ladder at least.
Necro with poison or Bone build is a little bit confusing since there's always AD-CE combo in use to maximize AoE and PN has 2 sec effect time so FCR requirement is also a little bit confusing.

I'm currently using full Trang set to only experiment on it and need amu to TP, but I dare say, it is really a viable option. I only TP to adjust summon and especially IG position but except that, it is fast with DWeb and fun to play.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
I can hook you up with a free 2/20 rare nec circ if you want. On non-ladder at least.
[/quote]

very generous ! but i got a sweet ammy to make 50fcr, and style points demand a
Shako
!

thanks for the feedback guys!! will go with 3 trangs

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
style points demand a
Shako
!
..said noone ever. :D

Though I still find
Shako
the lesser evil on a necro actually. Circlets just look..freakin weird on them.
Sorry for necroing (heh) a thread but I was browsing for tips on PN necro gear and I stumbled upon that advice.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago

Also try to facet DWeb, there is at least one free facet on the site - just filter on free :)
That doesn't seem right to me. I'd say -res is less important here than +poison dmg. You already have at least -40% with DWeb then there's about -60% from
Lower Resist
and -25% if using 3 piece trang. That means everyting other than immunes has negative resistence already. Further lowering monsters resistance by 1% gives you less than 1% dmg boost.
For example if you lower monster's res from - 20 to -25 that means you'd be doing 125% dmg instead of 120%. But that's only 4% gain in damage (125/120 = 1.04).
So it's better to have +5 poison dmg than -5 poison res on a facet. Am I missing something?

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Zargath wrote: 9 months ago
Sorry for necroing (heh) a thread but I was browsing for tips on PN necro gear and I stumbled upon that advice.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago

That doesn't seem right to me. I'd say -res is less important here than +poison dmg. You already have at least -40% with DWeb then there's about -60% from
Lower Resist
and -25% if using 3 piece trang. That means everyting other than immunes has negative resistence already. Further lowering monsters resistance by 1% gives you less than 1% dmg boost.
For example if you lower monster's res from - 20 to -25 that means you'd be doing 125% dmg instead of 120%. But that's only 4% gain in damage (125/120 = 1.04).
So it's better to have +5 poison dmg than -5 poison res on a facet. Am I missing something?
Let's compare right the things, i.e. if you have to choose between buying a -4/+5 and a -5/+4. If you can afford a -5/+5, don't ask yourself the question, it's always better XD (and they are not too expensive, way less than a DWeb ^^)

For non immunes, your calculation is right to -125, so -1 in res is 125%/124% = 1,008 - 0,8% instead of 1%, i.e. a very very small difference.

---

For the immunes, and assuming you have a
Rotting Fissure
Sunder charm, the sunder brings to 95% enemy pres, then lower resists works at 1/5 power so -12% => 83%, the DWeb at 40% => 43%

With a -4/+5 pres facet => 39% remaining res means damage applied is at 61%
With a -5/+4 pes facet => 38% remaining res => 62%

Damage difference is 62/61=1,016 => 1,6% extra damage instead of 1%
So slightly better.

Overall, the differences are VERY small, so a -5/+4 is very slightly better than a -4/+5 for immunes, and the other way for non immunes, with the difference bigger on immunes' side.

To notice also that if you don't bother/don't want to launch LowerResist (e.g. for
Baal
you may want Decrep to pin him down) the one with more res will be even better (basically, the higher the remaining res, the better the diminishing res factor will be).

Anyway, it's a matter of preference if you want to have more damage against immunes or non immunes.
And the raw value of the facet is the most important (i.e. -5/+5 >> -5/+4, -4/+5 >> -4/+4, -3/+5, -5/+3 >> etc.)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Thanks for clarification. That's what I was thinking. I'm rather aiming at faster clearing of non-immunes.
Necrarch wrote: 9 months ago
Let's compare right the things, i.e. if you have to choose between buying a -4/+5 and a -5/+4. If you can afford a -5/+5, don't ask yourself the question, it's always better XD (and they are not too expensive, way less than a DWeb ^^)
Duh, I just bought a DWeb and now I'm broke. :P
And there's also one or two slots in the
Circlet
, so I might settle for a slightly worse facet there.
On my poison necro i use 3 piece trangs (glove +
Belt
+ shield) for the poison damage buff and
Pierce

As a poisonmancer, IMO, you dont need crazy amounts of FCR, just enough to
Teleport
, cast
Poison Nova
and
Teleport
back.

I know you didn't ask about skills, but i use 10 points in Lower Res, 1 point
Bone Armor
and the rest of the points goes to
Clay Golem
. 10 points lower res casts almost on the entire screen, so is really convenient.
Clay Golem
is tanky as hell and a few points in
Clay Golem
Skill + 1 point to mastery and
Summon Resist
and you are done (its job is only get hit instead of you, so dont worry about AR or defense). Finally,
Bone Armor
basically helps you when you
Teleport
to the middle of a group of minions :(
OP
i got a 2/20 necro
Circlet
if u want it
as mentioned, 50 fcr is good enough for tele...

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Poison builds leave a good amount of leftover skill points, on my side, I like coupling that to a good amount of summons. The 7 necessary for curses, 60 in poison, 1
Bone Armor
/
Bone Prison
just in case, then you can have decent skellies, one point in revives and choose between Clay or Insight-
Iron Golem

Revived Urdars allow to deal with DClone, to be tested with Ubers but should be feasible.

Annihilus
Revived Urdars allow to deal with DClone, to be tested with Ubers but should be feasible.
I've done Ubers with my poison necro several times using Urdars. It's not nearly as effective as a character specifically tuned for Ubers, but it gets the job done.
Mephisto
can be a bit tricky and can easily wipe an army, but what else is new?
Baal
and Diablo can be scary if they get too many minions out, as it'll
Confuse
your army and telestomping into the middle of that much fire can get you killed. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone trying to farm Ubers efficiently, but if you want some Dark Souls with your Diablo 2, it's a fun run.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Poison builds leave a good amount of leftover skill points, on my side, I like coupling that to a good amount of summons. The 7 necessary for curses, 60 in poison, 1
Bone Armor
/
Bone Prison
just in case, then you can have decent skellies, one point in revives and choose between Clay or Insight-
Iron Golem

I killed Meph and Diablo but then I have run out of Urdars and could not kill
Baal
. Next time I'll make sure there are also Blunderbores on the
Frigid Highlands

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Morder07 wrote: 9 months ago
Bone Armor
/
Bone Prison
Iron Golem

I killed Meph and Diablo but then I have run out of Urdars and could not kill
Baal
. Next time I'll make sure there are also Blunderbores on the
Frigid Highlands
Between
River of Flame
, Prison of Hatred, Palace Cellar and
Tal
Tombs, you usually have quite a few of them.
However, can be worth doing mini ubers in one game,
Uber Tristram
in another when you have all organs... I think that works, right ?

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation