M1ck wrote: 1 year ago
most have
Andariel
quest bugged, so you always get the quest drop
What do you mean by that?
Q Bugging or Quest Bugging
Andariel
was an important thing to do pre-D2R.

Basically, when you kill a boss for their quest, they have better loot than normal. (I know there's more to it than this, just giving a simple explanation.) However, once you complete the boss's quest, the boss reverts to the normal, worse loot conditions. This is a bit of waste because most characters playing through the game won't have the MF to make use of this one-time buff when killing bosses for the first time.

When quest bugged, bosses always act like you have the quest to kill them, even if you don't, meaning better loot plus the ability to farm that better loot with higher MF.
Andariel
was a popular boss to qbug because her qbug was permanent and easy to accomplish, unlike some others.

However! In D2R, you no longer have to quest bug
Andariel
. Blizzard set her to always bugged, essentially .

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
In D2R, you no longer have to quest bug
Andariel
Are you saying
Andariel
always drops as if she were killed the first time when in the quest in D2R, no matter if I followed the quest bug steps?
bubix wrote: 1 year ago
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
In D2R, you no longer have to quest bug
Andariel
Are you saying
Andariel
always drops as if she were killed the first time when in the quest in D2R, no matter if I followed the quest bug steps?
Correct!

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
bubix wrote: 1 year ago
As phantomotap and other users have pointed out, magic find has diminishing returns. The probability drops greatly starting at about 200mf for uniques, which I suppose you are referring to as gold items. On the other hand, the diminishing effect isn't as strong as with rares, which I suppose you are referring to as yellow items. Your getting a lot of rares with higher mf is not surprising at all.

As for why you had great drops when leveling up, if it happened when you killed the boss for the quest, it wouldn't be surprising, either. Quest drops can be a lot better than normal drops for uniques.
Same - Same on color to item classification, didn’t mean to trigger you. http://www.d2tomb.com/items.shtml

I completely understand what your saying here but there’s something different going On that I can’t quite put my finger on and have started testing my hypothesis. So after day one of waiting to play for 12-24 hours then only framing
Andariel
and not switching acts I get more unique (gold) items per run and no yellow brick wall. Now, Almost 75% of the time now I’m getting gold items when I down
Andariel
and I can go up and down in MF gear and it doesn’t trigger any MF boss switch cooldowns as I wrote above.

Going to wait Another 12- 24 hours and try again, this time only Mefisto runs. I should stream this and record it on twitch so you can see what it is that I’m talking about. This should help the thread and shed some more light on to what it is that I’m experiencing.
OP
Day 2 Conclusions & observation:

1. It appears that Just downing
Mephisto
and staying in act 2 upon exit of the game and staying with just
Mephisto
keeps the Yellow brick wall at bay. Did 15-20 runs today and almost all of them maybe 95% had Gold items drops in after downing
Mephisto
. Then during the last for runs I did Chaos runs killing Diablo a few times and every time I killed Diablo I trigger the Yellow brick wall and got 0 gold Items, for at least 5 runs in a row.

2. Going back to kill
Mephisto
also triggered the yellow brick wall and am now locked into the Yellow brick wall on all bosses until the cool-down activation goes away.
OP
Day 3-4 Conclusions & Observations

1. I Tried again for the past 2 days using the same method as the first day and got the same exact result, Gold Items almost 95% of the time playing in single-player mode and in Multiplayer mode.
OP
Going Live Now on Twitch to test my Theory for a bit, I'll keep doing this until we figure it out. [attachment=0]Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.58.35 PM.png[/attachment]
https://www.twitch.tv/racaneatyou
https://www.twitch.tv/racaneatyou
OP
Going to try and beak it today and record the session on twitch
OP
I forgot to add an update. After running a bunch more runs it appears that after doing MF runs going for
Andariel
to
Mephisto
the first time no problem. Then exit the game and do it a second time with no problem. It seems to trigger the Yellow brick wall on the 3rd time. I tried this in both directions from
Mephisto
to
Andariel
3x or from
Andariel
to
Mephisto
3x. I also tried mixing up the act in which I started in, when starting a new game but it seemed to make no difference. The only noticeable difference is running more than one boss in the same game and doing this 3x conservatively. It also seems to go away after 12-24hr that you can MF run again.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...