diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1477 views

Seeking advice on whether Enigma is a good fit for an ES Light Sorc

No data yet

Description

Anyone run Enigma on Sorc? Does it feel redundant since you don't need the +1
Teleport
?

I'm thinking, for ES PVM Sorc especially, the 14 LaeK is good, since it's flat and your hp are relatively low? For those who have tried, does it do a pretty good job at keeping your health topped off, which would be an awesome comfort factor in PvM?

Also some questions...

-----------------------------------------------

Damage reduced by 8 %. Say I get hit by 100 dmg
Fireball
and I have ES running at 80 % and Fire Res 75 %.

I THINK it would work like this?

80 dmg goes to mana which it takes in full; it does not benefit from the fire res OR the DR. Although it DOES get multiplied by 0.75 if
Telekinesis
is maxed.

20 goes to life; fire res reduces it to 5; DR reduces it to 4.6. Sound about right?

Now Enigma also gives 15 % dmg taken goes to mana.

So I would GAIN 0.69 mana. Right?

If I had taken 100 PHYSICAL dmg, I would end up gaining 2.76 mana, I believe.

----------------------------------------------

So, it seems like some effects don't combo well with ES sorc;
Teleport
is redundant and % dmg goes to mana is bad because you take very little actual damage to life.

DR is nice for non-fire/light/cold/pois attacks where your life is more likely your weakest link (you run out of life before mana). Just depends on your vit/energy ratio. (Side note; what IS the best life/mana ratio for ES builds? I feel like that could be it's own topic. There are multiple ways to look at it, I think).

LaeK, however, is (I hope) amazing with ES sorc.

Then some general nice-to-haves; MF, extra vit/energy from saved str, bit of extra life, +2 skills.

I feel like between LaeK and 45 FRW, it's a solid choice for ES sorc who want to "feel comfy"?

Also worried about using Enigma with Sunder charms, as it gives no resists (unlike CoH).
Description by Snape75

Can be used to make Runewords:

Anyone run Enigma on Sorc? Does it feel redundant since you don't need the +1
Teleport
?

I'm thinking, for ES PVM Sorc especially, the 14 LaeK is good, since it's flat and your hp are relatively low? For those who have tried, does it do a pretty good job at keeping your health topped off, which would be an awesome comfort factor in PvM?

Also some questions...

-----------------------------------------------

Damage reduced by 8 %. Say I get hit by 100 dmg
Fireball
and I have ES running at 80 % and Fire Res 75 %.

I THINK it would work like this?

80 dmg goes to mana which it takes in full; it does not benefit from the fire res OR the DR. Although it DOES get multiplied by 0.75 if
Telekinesis
is maxed.

20 goes to life; fire res reduces it to 5; DR reduces it to 4.6. Sound about right?

Now Enigma also gives 15 % dmg taken goes to mana.

So I would GAIN 0.69 mana. Right?

If I had taken 100 PHYSICAL dmg, I would end up gaining 2.76 mana, I believe.

----------------------------------------------

So, it seems like some effects don't combo well with ES sorc;
Teleport
is redundant and % dmg goes to mana is bad because you take very little actual damage to life.

DR is nice for non-fire/light/cold/pois attacks where your life is more likely your weakest link (you run out of life before mana). Just depends on your vit/energy ratio. (Side note; what IS the best life/mana ratio for ES builds? I feel like that could be it's own topic. There are multiple ways to look at it, I think).

LaeK, however, is (I hope) amazing with ES sorc.

Then some general nice-to-haves; MF, extra vit/energy from saved str, bit of extra life, +2 skills.

I feel like between LaeK and 45 FRW, it's a solid choice for ES sorc who want to "feel comfy"?

Also worried about using Enigma with Sunder charms, as it gives no resists (unlike CoH).
OP
I should also point out that I play players1 almost exclusively. I know with cmoon or self-wield Infinity, maybe something like
Skin of the Vipermagi
would be better.
65 all res (CoH) > ~70 strength (Eni), if you are not using
Energy Shield

If you are using it at 95% absorb you stop caring about having any resists but lightning and poison at which point vipermagi or
Ormus
is better than either of the above. If you are not an ES user, go with CoH for resists, if you need them. Vipermagi, if you need only a little.
Ormus
, if you prefer raw damage output only. Priority should be given to reaching 105 FCR, 63 FCR is ok only for blizzard sorc but you will reach 105 easily too.

Your calculations are correct, with one exception - the 8% damage reduction applies to physical damage received only.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Thanks for your input. I think I did take into account DR not applying to Mana though.

Edit: For
Ormus
robes, I don't need to pay attention to the +% dmg right? Since Light mastery already adds a ton and so 10-15 extra isn't really that much?

It's mainly for the +3 skill which will give a more noticeable boost in damage; if I run light/CL, I need pick robes for either light or CL and get the +3 for just one of them. The 20 fcr is nice on that as well.

Ravoc 123

PC
Yes, +% lightning skill damage is fairly peanuts when you possess high
Lightning Mastery
You'd want to look for -enemy lightning resistance instead for large damage gains (probably why Facets feature both). The same is true for fire; and for cold it is the reverse.

That additive effect even goes for mana regeneration with
Warmth

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation