Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   8261 views

Description

Hello,
Is this GC a good charm to roll with +skill and +41-45 life?
I don`t have it from
Baal
, Diablo or
Nihlathak
it dropped somewhere else with +41 life and cube it few times and got +45 life from the screenshot.
Thank you!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,
Is this GC a good charm to roll with +skill and +41-45 life?
I don`t have it from
Baal
, Diablo or
Nihlathak
it dropped somewhere else with +41 life and cube it few times and got +45 life from the screenshot.
Thank you!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Short answer: Yes

You used to only get these from
Baal
, Nihl and Diablo. Nowadays, they're easy enough to get from
Terror
zones as well.

That doesn't guarantee your rerolls will net you 41-45 life though, it merely means the ilvl is high enough to where they theoretically can.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Short answer: Yes

You used to only get these from
Baal
, Nihl and Diablo. Nowadays, they're easy enough to get from
Terror
zones as well.

That doesn't guarantee your rerolls will net you 41-45 life though, it merely means the ilvl is high enough to where they theoretically can.
Thank you for the quick answer!
To add to the other comment:

If you're level 89+,
Terror
zones monsters will all be at least level 91 (2 above your level), which means that any grand charm you find has ilvl 91+

The best Vita suffix for grand charm (41 to 45 life) is level 91.

So basically, if you're level 89 and you play in a
Terror
zone, any charm you find is the best possible (potential) rerolling charm in the game. They're all the same as what we used to call a "
Baal
charm", i.e. a charm that can roll perfect.

But you need to be level 89+ in a
Terror
zone when you find it.
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago

Is that supposed to mean that grand charms with a higher item level than 91 have a lower chance than a level 91 grand charm has?

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702
Fliflaflo wrote: 1 year ago

Is that supposed to mean that grand charms with a higher item level than 91 have a lower chance than a level 91 grand charm has?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there are no grand charm suffixes higher than level 91, which would mean that a level 91 and level 99 charms would have the same odds.

(But yes, if there ARE suffixes higher than 91, then using a 91 would be the best, because it wouldn't be able to roll the inferior - but higher level - suffix).

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)

That's the full list if you want to check it out, but there's quite a lot of them hah

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Was 99.9% certain of this as is but just doublechecked to be sure:
There is no rollable affix for grand charms higher than 91. So any charm with ilvl 91 or higher is ideal to reroll with. No "keeping it lower" needed.

The only affix that is higher is 46-50 life at 110 but since there is nowhere in the game to drop ilvl 110 charms, that's not something you can actually ever get. And even if you could..it'd be a better version of the reason to go for 91 so it still wouldn't be a bad thing.
I heard that 45life can be dropped only from Diablo,
Baal
, Nilathnak

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
I heard that 45life can be dropped only from Diablo,
Baal
, Nilathnak
that's old information that predates the existence of
Terror
zones. Previously Diablo, Nih, and
Baal
were the only monsters level 94 or higher capable of dropping grand charms. The old max level for an area was 85. Now any monster in a high enough
Terror
zone can drop them. I think champs in
Terror
zones as low as 89 can drop them.
OP
To add to the other comment:

If you're level 89+,
Terror
zones monsters will all be at least level 91 (2 above your level), which means that any grand charm you find has ilvl 91+

So basically, if you're level 89 and you play in a
Terror
zone, any charm you find is the best possible (potential) rerolling charm in the game. They're all the same as what we used to call a "
Baal
charm", i.e. a charm that can roll perfect.

But you need to be level 89+ in a
Terror
zone when you find it.
Thanks, all that makes a lot of sense, i was lvl 90 when the charm droped.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
There is no rollable affix for grand charms higher than 91. So any charm with ilvl 91 or higher is ideal to reroll with. No "keeping it lower" needed.

The only affix that is higher is 46-50 life at 110 but since there is nowhere in the game to drop ilvl 110 charms, that's not something you can actually ever get. And even if you could..it'd be a better version of the reason to go for 91 so it still wouldn't be a bad thing.
Stupid question : weren't Dclone and Ubers supposed to be level 110 ? Has someone ever tried to reroll a torch or an anni ?
On your zillions of Anni perhaps can you try Schnorki ^^ before and after IDing ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago

Stupid question : weren't Dclone and Ubers supposed to be level 110 ? Has someone ever tried to reroll a torch or an anni ?
On your zillions of Anni perhaps can you try Schnorki ^^ before and after IDing ?
They are but you need a magic charm (which they can't drop) to reroll it, not unique. Sadly. :)
btw it can be a great holliday event if one of these days, ubers could drop regular items of ilvl 110...
will buy some keys just in case :D
I hate to bump old threads, but this thread is so relevant I thought I would ask here.

I got a really nice Life+43 charm and tried to roll a skill on it, yet every single time I roll it gets progressively worse. The charm is now showing Maximum Damage +2.

I realize that rerolls aren't guaranteed to be better, but this thing gets worse with every roll, and I am wondering if I screwed up.
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
I hate to bump old threads, but this thread is so relevant I thought I would ask here.

I got a really nice Life+43 charm and tried to roll a skill on it, yet every single time I roll it gets progressively worse. The charm is now showing Maximum Damage +2.

I realize that rerolls aren't guaranteed to be better, but this thing gets worse with every roll, and I am wondering if I screwed up.
If it dropped in Hell from a
Terror
zone (and youre level 89 or higher) or
Baal
/ Diablo /
Nihlathak
, then it can roll skill and up to 45 life. Doesn't matter how many times you reroll it or what stats it spawned with originally. I personally have terrible luck with GC rerolls and estimate I get a good life skiller every 500-1000 rerolls or so. Can take A LOT of pgems!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
I personally have terrible luck with GC rerolls and estimate I get a good life skiller every 500-1000 rerolls or so.
Well, I didn't think I'd get something great quickly, but I've spent 90
Perfect Gems
, and I would have been better off to leave it as it was. >_<

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

Define "worse".

I mean...if you get 7-14 fire damage on it, that's basically crap and pointless but it is the highest possible roll in that category. So..would that be worse than say 10 all res which would be a mid range roll but at least a more useful stat?

Realistically, most affixes you can roll are crap. Especially on their own. Hell, even 45 life is kinda crap if it doesn't come with a worthwhile prefix. Case and point..you rerolled your 43 life for exactly that reason.

Don't expect a useful roll within your first few attempts. Given, your next reroll might just be a 45 life pcomb or something..but you certainly shouldn't count on it. The near-term odds are not in your favor.
I kind of expected a roller coaster--good then bad then good then bad--until I got that magic roll.

The truth is I had no idea how bad some rolls were while still being the best you can get in certain categories. I've probably passed on multiple bests because they were just useless.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
I kind of expected a roller coaster--good then bad then good then bad--until I got that magic roll.

The truth is I had no idea how bad some rolls were while still being the best you can get in certain categories. I've probably passed on multiple bests because they were just useless.
Aye, it typically ends up more along the lines of bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, really bad, bad, bad, bad, REALLY bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, would be good with a matching prefix, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, would be good with a matching suffix, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, didn't know it could actually get THAT bad, bad, bad, bad, plain skiller weeee, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, 45 LIFE SKI-.....WTF WHY CURSES?!?, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, mediocre skiller to re-sell to turn back into about the same amount of gems used along the way.

Rinse and repeat countless times to get that magical "HOLY CRAP, YES!" charm.
lol.

I really hope you copy and pasted that instead of typing it out by hand.

^_^

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...