diablo2.io is supported by ads
100 replies   10669 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

It's gonna be
Terror
Chaos all day, which will indeed destroy families. I'm calling it
50% gold discount. So with Edge runeword + Greed Charm, I can gamble circlets and diadems all day without losing mostly any money :)
worldslargestmidget wrote: 1 year ago
Was i the only one who noticed the 50% xp buff yesterday in the “terrible” 15 min tz rotation?
Apparently so. I thought I was just being efficient, but that would explain it…

Trading on PC / Switch / PS5

Bisu 369

PC
SuiciSpai wrote: 1 year ago
50% gold discount. So with Edge runeword + Greed Charm, I can gamble circlets and diadems all day without losing mostly any money :)
Not only that, you can "print" money yourself. Just pick up a rune, say
Ist
or
Gul
, sell it, then buy it back, and sell it again. Rinse and repeat. Your bank will grow at a speed that will put any gold-finding Barb to shame.
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Ist
or
Gul
, sell it, then buy it back, and sell it again. Rinse and repeat. Your bank will grow at a speed that will put any gold-finding Barb to shame.
This shit is outrageous lol, a true skinner box with infinite presses
Ist
or
Gul
Not gonna lie, is kind of fun.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
On the 4th day of Christmas, dear Blizzard gave to me...a banable offense!

Can't wait for Christmas to be nothing but still-rampant-bots while 99.9% of normal players got banned for abusing an infinite gold bug in yet another bit of evidence that Blizztard clearly does not think anything through before releasing it.

Lovely.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
On the 4th day of Christmas, dear Blizzard gave to me...a banable offense!

Can't wait for Christmas to be nothing but still-rampant-bots while 99.9% of normal players got banned for abusing an infinite gold bug in yet another bit of evidence that Blizztard clearly does not think anything through before releasing it.

Lovely.
You can get banned for the gold bug?

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Creating infinite gold from what is clearly an unintended side effect of a half-brained BS mechanic they threw out as a last minute whatever-the-hell is indeed something you can get banned for, yes.

I doubt they would since this idiotic mechanic would probably then cost them nearly their entire player base..but yeah, it'd fall into the same category as abusing random game mechanics to dupe items in the past instead. Only difference is that now you're multiplying gold instead of items. In either case, you are clearly abusing an unintended mechanic to enrich yourself.
Is this ban temporary?

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
I doubt there will be a ban. But if there is..if they go by prior dupe-response bans, it'd more likely be permanent.
Ist
or
Gul
You don't even need to have these runes, a simple staff from
Akara
does the trick just fine:

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Creating infinite gold from what is clearly an unintended side effect of a half-brained BS mechanic they threw out as a last minute whatever-the-hell is indeed something you can get banned for, yes.

I doubt they would since this idiotic mechanic would probably then cost them nearly their entire player base..but yeah, it'd fall into the same category as abusing random game mechanics to dupe items in the past instead. Only difference is that now you're multiplying gold instead of items. In either case, you are clearly abusing an unintended mechanic to enrich yourself.
I said this in a Discord channel I'm in: if they didn't do anything about sunder horking during the first week of S2 which was a far more egregious oversight, they're not going to do anything about this. It's all going to be over for newly created games in 5 minutes anyway.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
I'm okay with that being true. This messed up my playtime last night. I was just screwing around with the buff, figured out the money printing thing on my own, did it to make a few hundred thousand real quick, laughing all the way....

Then went, "Oh hell. I just got myself banned , didn't I?"

Couldn't bring myself to keep playing after that and risk getting something cool only to lose it.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Bisu 369

PC
Today's buff doubles your HP. Good for HC folks, and maybe fun for some pvp.
or my sorc with 2200 hp lol

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
I think if blizzard actually cared they would have patched the mechanic and at least taken away the infinite gold part. There's no way they didn't know, streamers were posting about it within an hour or two of it starting.

My guess is they found out, said 'whoops' and shrugged and said oh well and just left it on.
They probably figured, "Oh well, it'll be over in 24 hours anyway." They probably knew their own internal turnaround for a hotfix would have been too slow.

EPOCH FAIL

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Ban-worthy offense or not..I don't even see why one would've used it to begin with, unless you happened to have all day off to do nothing but gamble. Or you had nothing saved up I guess.

Had my stash full of gold going in on both, NL and L...didn't even have Edge or
Gheed
's on ladder. And yet, gambled for about 4 hours straight before I ran out of time and still wasn't out of gold by the end of it.
The gameplay buffs such as yesterday's (double HP) and today's (50% increased physical damage) are pretty lame and provide no appreciable improvements to QoL. At best, double HP enabled you to play a little more recklessly.

That being said, since I am trying to test something out, if they intend to stay on the gameplay buff track, they should try double run/walk speed next.

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation