Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   8665 views

Description

Just what it says in the title. I am leveling a char and cannot get a 4o polearm to drop.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just what it says in the title. I am leveling a char and cannot get a 4o polearm to drop.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
I’ve never tried to shop 4s White polearm, but I did shop a few 2s White staffs in act1 for Leaf rw. So I guess it’s possible.
I did see 4s weapons but it was blue one.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
No, you can't buy 4 open sockets bases.

ShadowHeart 1780Moderator

Europe PC
As Tetra said, it's not possible. You can only buy White/gray bases in Act 1 & 2 on Normal, and there are no polearms that can have 4 sockets at the ilvl of Normal Act 1 & 2 shops.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Normally they start dropping as soon as you're in Nightmare.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I assume you are caster if u want Insight. So that means u have AOE. Just farm cows. It will drop sooner than you expect

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Ravoc 123

PC
Don't forget you can also build Insight in a bow,
Crossbow
or staff
OP
thanks all, I have been farming cows and CS on normal with the sorc i am leveling, but it just won't drop. so i was hoping i had found a shortcut lol. guess i will continue my cowslaughter

Also, if you have some spare runes and gems you can try to cube one: 1
Ral
+ 1
Amn
+ 1 PAmy + normal weapon.
Be aware of the following:
1. Weapon need to be able to have 4 sockets (check item database base/ if unsure)
2. This recipe adds a random amount of sockets, so expect it to need some tries and therefore also unsocketed weapons
3. Weapon can only be normal (not superior) to be cubed with sockets recipe
4. Max. Sockets depends on ilvl and therefore where the weapon dropped, when dropped on ilvl > 41 you are usually fine to reach max sockets (some reach max sockets even earlier). So when you already reached NM Act 2 you should be good to go with any weapon found there or above as long as (1.) apply.
5. Don´t try to "repair" an inferior weapon with a recipe before using the socket recipe, since this will recalculate the ilvl and may drop it below the necessary max socket lvl

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Seamus McNugget wrote: 1 year ago
thanks all, I have been farming cows and CS on normal with the sorc i am leveling, but it just won't drop. so i was hoping i had found a shortcut lol. guess i will continue my cowslaughter
As far as I remember, 4 os cannot drop from normal.
Larzuk
can make them in the right base, but if you can access cows just go to nightmare. Countess tower and pits are nice places for that.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Seamus McNugget wrote: 1 year ago
As far as I remember, 4 os cannot drop from normal.
Larzuk
can make them in the right base, but if you can access cows just go to nightmare. Countess tower and pits are nice places for that.
So maybe i am misunderstanding something?
cows are alevel 28 in normal, which should be in that range, right?

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Item drops:
In Normal, every bases will drop with up to 3 open sockets (if applicable).
In Nightmare, every bases will drop with up to 4 open sockets (idem).
In Hell, every bases will drop with up to 6 open sockets (idem).

Item Level and socketing white items:
Upgrading any low quality items (cube recipes using El and Eld Runes) will set Item Level to 1, allowing only up to 3 open sockets (if applicable).
Any area have an predefined Area Level, that induce that monsters in that area have a Monster Level equal to that Area Level (except for Super-Uniques), +2 for champions and +3 for elites.
Items dropped by a monster will have an Item Level equal to the monster's Monster Level.
Items with an Item Level between 26 and 40, CAN (if applicable) produce bases with up to 4 open sockets using the cube recipes, and WILL (if applicable) produce bases with 4 open sockets using
Larzuk
Quest Reward.
You are right with the iLvl and the cows BUT they will still not drop a 4os polearm. The absolute maximum of sockets in normal is 3 like stated by Tetra already.

However if you get a White polearm from normal cow level then it's iLvl is high enough so you get 4os if you use
Larzuk
's quests on it. Applies also to other items. E.g. a Crystal
Blade
dropped in normal cows will also get 4os from
Larzuk
(Spirit weapon). Just remember that they will not drop naturally. This can only happen nightmare and higher.

OP
Neat, thanks for teaching me about a mechanic i was unaware of.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If you have already killed normal
Baal
though, I would advise you to save your
Larzuk
quest (or to spend
Amn
/
Ral
) to try to get a 4 os polearm in Nightmare - should happen before end of act 1, even if you need to pot as of now. Except if you're really having trouble in Nightmare, of course.

In the meanwhile, you have lots of cheap options to have a decent merc option (e.g.
Woestave
, Yaggai, any
Eth
+ ED damage rare
Scythe
...)

Annihilus
OP
I found someone on here selling a low Insight. I gave him a
Ko
for their trouble and i am now set for the rest of the game (i have higher level stuff set aside for later and just needed this bridge)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...