Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1670 views

Description

Hey y’all, been offline for a while (iPad problems - so I can nowadays get on the forums one day then won’t be back for 3-4).

So I’ve been farming for a while to work my way up to Infinity and I finally did it!

It took cubing every rune from
Um
up, I had to farm LK an extra half hour to get the necessary gems... but I digress.

I chose an
Eth
Mancatcher
for the increased attack speed so my merc will have an easier time staying alive and procing crushing blow on bosses.

After triple checking everything I sucked it up and rolled it *with the runes I cubed up for this I could have made almost any other build ... Infinity is soooo expensive ssf.

... and ...

+256 Ed ...

I totally facepalmed irl, the -en light res is max, but damn, the weapon’s max damage is like mid 400. It’s fine, it’s fine, this rune word is about the decrep aura anyways. Seriously I wish when crafting rune words you could just concurrently
Sacrifice
an extra
Ist
to get perfect rolls, I’d support that update!

So I played around a bit, putting it on my javazon’s merc, cows is cool and she runs
Baal
runs on players 7 no sweat (need some essences anyways).

So now the big question is what’s next? I don’t have those crazy c87 uniques like griffons, deaths web, deaths fathom, so I kinda wanna focus on level 85 areas (until
Terror
zones come to offline play) to get those items.

What do you recommend?!

Lightning sorc? Fire Druid? Trapsin?
Nova
sorc?
Energy Shield
sorc? might also play with my duel
Gimmershred
throw bard and see how that works...

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 539

Switch
Hey y’all, been offline for a while (iPad problems - so I can nowadays get on the forums one day then won’t be back for 3-4).

So I’ve been farming for a while to work my way up to Infinity and I finally did it!

It took cubing every rune from
Um
up, I had to farm LK an extra half hour to get the necessary gems... but I digress.

I chose an
Eth
Mancatcher
for the increased attack speed so my merc will have an easier time staying alive and procing crushing blow on bosses.

After triple checking everything I sucked it up and rolled it *with the runes I cubed up for this I could have made almost any other build ... Infinity is soooo expensive ssf.

... and ...

+256 Ed ...

I totally facepalmed irl, the -en light res is max, but damn, the weapon’s max damage is like mid 400. It’s fine, it’s fine, this rune word is about the decrep aura anyways. Seriously I wish when crafting rune words you could just concurrently
Sacrifice
an extra
Ist
to get perfect rolls, I’d support that update!

So I played around a bit, putting it on my javazon’s merc, cows is cool and she runs
Baal
runs on players 7 no sweat (need some essences anyways).

So now the big question is what’s next? I don’t have those crazy c87 uniques like griffons, deaths web, deaths fathom, so I kinda wanna focus on level 85 areas (until
Terror
zones come to offline play) to get those items.

What do you recommend?!

Lightning sorc? Fire Druid? Trapsin?
Nova
sorc?
Energy Shield
sorc? might also play with my duel
Gimmershred
throw bard and see how that works...

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
had to farm LK an extra half hour to get the necessary gems.
by all means, please detail more?
what gems was it that you required, and for what?
(or did you mean HR?

congrats first of all.
but, as a ssf'er myself, i would like to know how long did it take for you, and did you do alot of runs to get the runes for cubings?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Haha, so when I decided to focus on getting Infinity I had a
Sur
Lo
and maybe a
Vex
in my stash. I thought “that’s close enough the rest should be easy” - Urgh.

It took maybe 500
Lower Kurast
runs and 300
Travincal
runs (with maybe 100 Chaos runs for variety) to get everything else I needed. I’m not a crazy fast runner mostly all were done with my 92 meteorb sorc, 92/93 hammerdin or my 92 zerker barb. Probably ~18 hours is a good estimate.

To keep my sanity I started crafting caster amulets with all the extra jewels and gems that I found - around 30 made, nothing crazy, maybe one gg necro ammy.

Farming sessions were usually when I had a spare hour or so, I liked to keep them that length because I usually found something during that time, any longer I’d get bored, any shorter I’d get frustrated.

In the end a
Ber
never dropped for me, I had to cube 2x
Um
, 2x
Mal
, 4x
Ist
, 2x
Gul
, 2x
Vex
, 3x
Ohm
, 2xLo, the rest I found (I think). One of my mules is just gems for this exact reason, but I was still short 2
Flawless Topaz
. You know how target farming goes, when you need something specific ... it just won’t drop! Oh well, during the extra half hour it took to get the final
Topaz
I also found a
Lem
!

Some other stuff I found along the way: 28 maras, highlords, well rolled eschutas, 5 OS runemaster, bul kathos ring, storm shield, perfect mosers, 2x facets, and a skulders (there’s probably more but were meh).

Like doing most things the ‘fun’ is in the journey more than the destination. Now that I have an Infinity I think I may take a break from the game for a bit. It’ll be fun to start some new characters from scratch that are focused around having it. That should take me until either sunder charms are available offline or botw2 drops!

Good luck in your journey! Hope yours rolls better than mine did!

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
sounds like quite a plan to me :)

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Go
Nova
sorc with
Energy Shield
and
Warmth
. Annihilate everything with little regard for aiming or personal safety.

*quick edit, hopefully a griffons drops for you soon.
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Yea I think your right! Lightning sorc here we go

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation