27 replies   3162 views

single player or online?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

single player (11%)
online(can be solo too) (89%)
Total votes: 37
Total votes: 37

Description

just wondering, as this is one of the best trade zone for d2r out there, but perhaps there's a community of SP too

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
just wondering, as this is one of the best trade zone for d2r out there, but perhaps there's a community of SP too

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Honestly, mostly MP, but when I get bored I'll hop in SP to give myself a bit of a challenge!

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

Trade: PC | Softcore, Ladder & Non-Ladder | UTC-6
I can't justify spending time in offline when I can instead find awesome loot to display in online. I definitely play single player in online though, MFing and all that.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
Both.

I play online ladder (sometimes non-ladder), and offline hardcore.

(I play offline hardcore for p8, but also as a way to get more character slots!)
I played single player for like a year when I started, but once I started to play ladder I could not go back. I play solo in ladder though

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Actually playing = online

Mostly solo, seeing how between still broken chat and a still failing lobby system, D2:R remains too broken to foster any social multiplayer.

Though I do enjoy the occasional interaction. Be that trading, helping people out with ubers/clones, getting some folks rushed, whathaveyou.

Offline to me is just a test bed to confirm theorycrafted performance through actual play testing of various build ideas at 99/in fully perf. gear.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
(I play offline hardcore for p8, but also as a way to get more character slots!)
isnt offline play unlimited char slots?

rikus wrote: 1 year ago
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
isnt offline play unlimited char slots?
I'm not sure, didn't hit any limit yet. But I meant, that if I only played online I wouldn't have enough slots.
So playing offline opens up more!

Ravoc 123

PC
I'm playing online on non-ladder, usually solo; mostly for access to trading and Dclone walks. But if the 2.4 & future runewords and other features remain ladder only, i'll probably end up recreating everything offline, including fabricated ladder stuff, and forgo online play alltogether.
I play mostly SP since i started playing D2R last season. I still have to figure out the lobby system and how everything works since i would also love to play MP.
I've always tried to play online when possible. Server, Internet, and other issues sometimes make online play impossible, so I do have offline characters as well.
Mostly solo online. Trading sometimes, but for actual gameplay; almost always solo.

If they would have had a way to get my singleplayer PC saves to my Switch and back.. I would likely be playing offline due to the Players X ability, portability and the like.

This works though.

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Mostly solo online except Monday nights when I play with two former colleagues. ;)

Or now mostly trading and sometimes playing. :D

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Playing both sir.
Majority of the time I play p8 solo online

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Offline has no damn ping/lags - game is swift n smooth. And, ofc, the beauty of /ppl command. But: no trades of any kind (the only reason keepin me online, really).

At this time of season, when every1 is too poor/greedy to have fun/profit from tradin, I honestly miss the good old ppl8 single.
Until devs will introduce split-loot system (never gonna happen) - no coop attempts make sense, so things gonna stay that way...
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
jstblv66 wrote: 1 year ago
I play p8 solo online
huh?
solo p8 *online*??

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
@Asha @BestUsernameEver

I guess one of you's didn't add themselves to the poll as SP?

also for those saying "Both", what mostly do you play?

rikus wrote: 1 year ago
jstblv66 wrote: 1 year ago
I play p8 solo online
huh?
solo p8 *online*??
Below "play" there is a little box, options box. There you set your player difficulty. But, once you are in the game, you cannot change it. I tried the command in chat, didn't seem to change. If you want to change the player count, you have to leave the game and start a new one. The created game is private and still online, your friends can join. I don't know if friends joining changes the player count or not.
Asha wrote: 1 year ago
Offline has no damn ping/lags - game is swift n smooth. And, ofc, the beauty of /ppl command. But: no trades of any kind (the only reason keepin me online, really).

At this time of season, when every1 is too poor/greedy to have fun/profit from tradin, I honestly miss the good old ppl8 single.
Until devs will introduce split-loot system (never gonna happen) - no coop attempts make sense, so things gonna stay that way...
I also gave up on looting with multiplayer. Even with a friend of mine he's just so fast at grabbing the good stuff while I sort out the trash.
I do think it's part of the fun though. I'll join games for XP or challenge and when everyone is slaughtering cows and I manage to grab that rune somehow it's awesome.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...