Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2070 views

Description

I know there's a ton of cool builds out there, and no doubt there are a gazillion threads about various ones, i figured i'd at least make one forum post of my own accord, as i'm quite new - and thought a topic about my young Druid would be cool :)

This fellow is called Furious, as he does have a bit of a Temper... He has his Tiny
Oak Sage
by his side at all times, and when needed, can summon 2 Ravens, one Wolf one Dire Wolf and a Grizzly to his aid. But he rarely needs to, as he is rocking a full Iratha's with upgraded
Belt
, and an Angelic upgraded Mantle and Sword, with two rings: He barely uses that sword, since in Battle, he just summon his little animal farm, and protects himself with a fully synergized
Hurricane
and
Cyclone Armor
.. Then he pulls out his
Kuko Shakaku
, and reigns down fire and
Terror
from the skies!

So far, in the land of Nightmare, he has little issues, and will continue to bravely stride forth into the depths of Hell...

It's really fun to fool around with off beat strategies, all the more since these Sunder charms have been introduced. Makes both Hybrid builds and Single Skill buolds more viable, if you ask me!

So, does my Druid sound cool, or more like a fool, on a quick ride to his demise? And what is your own idea of a fun build?
I'm hoping for some creative input, but if you happen to like some meta character, feel free to share as well!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know there's a ton of cool builds out there, and no doubt there are a gazillion threads about various ones, i figured i'd at least make one forum post of my own accord, as i'm quite new - and thought a topic about my young Druid would be cool :)

This fellow is called Furious, as he does have a bit of a Temper... He has his Tiny
Oak Sage
by his side at all times, and when needed, can summon 2 Ravens, one Wolf one Dire Wolf and a Grizzly to his aid. But he rarely needs to, as he is rocking a full Iratha's with upgraded
Belt
, and an Angelic upgraded Mantle and Sword, with two rings: He barely uses that sword, since in Battle, he just summon his little animal farm, and protects himself with a fully synergized
Hurricane
and
Cyclone Armor
.. Then he pulls out his
Kuko Shakaku
, and reigns down fire and
Terror
from the skies!

So far, in the land of Nightmare, he has little issues, and will continue to bravely stride forth into the depths of Hell...

It's really fun to fool around with off beat strategies, all the more since these Sunder charms have been introduced. Makes both Hybrid builds and Single Skill buolds more viable, if you ask me!

So, does my Druid sound cool, or more like a fool, on a quick ride to his demise? And what is your own idea of a fun build?
I'm hoping for some creative input, but if you happen to like some meta character, feel free to share as well!

Nate 535

Switch
The furious sounds fun!

If your interested check out my summoner barb and reaver builds.

Bowazons are always fun too.

Once a get Infinity imma try some other elemental builds (just need one more
Ber
...)
OP
Always interested! Where can i check those builds? I did click on you profile just now but didn't see anything about them at a glance :)

Yeah Infinity, definitely something i want to play around with too, but that seems a bit out of reach for now :p

But then again, one of my first HR's was a
Ber
, so you never know...

Also, now that i started trading, i'd say it seem doable..just have to farm a bit more ^.^

Still really hard to gage exactly what is treasure and what is trash,m when it comes to those rare and magic items...

You just need to find one GG item, and that Infinity will be yours in a heartbeat, right?

And yes, Furious is much fun: just blazed through act 3 and 4 in NM. He has a Icebow merc, with Harmony, upped
Linked Mail
with 2 sockets that can be filled according the situation, and i just switched her upped
Rockstopper
for an
Eth
. Valkyries Wing...

That said, there's plenty of room for growth...
I'm trying martial arts dual claw, no shield, assassin. Not kicksin, pure martials arts with just one point in
Death Sentry
for
Corpse Explosion
. It's too bad it's not as strong as it could be, but it's awesome.

Also, thanks to 2.4, physical spearzon... make a cheap Obedience
Spear
and watch everyone get fended or impaled to Death. Satisfaction.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
Also, thanks to 2.4, physical javazon... make a cheap Obedience
Spear
and watch everyone get fended or impaled to Death. Satisfaction.
I first built one years ago in LoD. 2.4 did introduce some speed buffs to
Fend
, but the bigger difference for me is just better knowledge of the game versus 20 years ago and adapting to the overall global meta now that IAS is king for DPS and on-hit proc chances.
Impale
still sucks though.

It's a pub game conversation starter because it's not that far off the beaten path and none of the gear is really niche, but most people have never seen one in the wild and have no idea what to expect out of them. It just requires some knowledge to play effectively as a simultaneous tank and strong physical DPS dealer.
Valkyrie

I didn't know about Obedience becoming available for spears in 2.4 until now, but why stop there?
I made this in a
Matriarchal Pike
in LoD. Now that I've been able to fully optimize the build with all the game mechanic knowledge floating out there today, I deal more max damage per hit with my current
Matriarchal Spear
than I did with the
Matriarchal Pike
in LoD, and my DPS is significantly higher as well with more IAS gear and the faster native speed and higher min damage of the
Matriarchal Spear

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
True, ebotd is the end goal for spearzon but with cheap Obedience + Treachery or Duress you can still rip through everything.

Lem
Ral

True, ebotd is the end goal for spearzon but with cheap Obedience + Treachery or Duress you can still rip through everything.
I didn't spend that much time leveling from 41-69 outside of Chaos runs because I got grushed in Normal and Nightmare, but Obedience would have been a great alternative to
Lycander's Flank
, which is already sneakily strong between 42-69.

I don't remember if I found or cube socketed any 5 socket Matriarchal Spears along the way though. That's the annoying barrier to entry since it's not something most people would keep around for trade either.

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
I don't remember if I found or cube socketed any 5 socket Matriarchal Spears along the way though. That's the annoying barrier to entry since it's not something most people would keep around for trade either.
I always find them because when they drop no one bothers to pick them up lol, like you said.

Also, Obedience in a +3
Matriarchal Spear
is still viable in hell, not just nightmare, for solo play anyway; not sure how it holds up in p3/p8

Lem
Ral

I always find them because when they drop no one bothers to pick them up lol, like you said.

Also, Obedience in a +3
Matriarchal Spear
is still viable in hell, not just nightmare, for solo play anyway; not sure how it holds up in p3/p8
Yeah, I think the spearazon population is so small and niche in general that I've never had issues picking up white or gray Matriarchal Pikes and Spears even in full pub
Baal
runs when nobody's leeching. They're pretty much just not on people's radars at all.

The only Matriarchal Spears that even kind of are would be 4 sockets for the Infinity spearazon, which is a great build, but kind of redundant for me to play. I already have a javazon who is more mobile and versatile with the tradeoff of not being as potent of a boss killer. Oh no, I have to 2-shot Act 4 Diablo instead of 1-shot him. 😅

Since it's cheap, I may have to test out an Obedience +3
Matriarchal Spear
sometime just to get an idea of how it performs in p8.

EPOCH FAIL

Nate 535

Switch
dirkemans wrote: 1 year ago
Always interested! Where can i check those builds? I did click on you profile just now but didn't see anything about them at a glance :).
If you use the search bar, it’s normally set to database, but you can switch it to forum topic search. Using that you can find pretty much anything. Type in summoner and or reaver the builds will show up!

Once I found that search function my game knowledge sky-rocketed

Asha 345

Sorceress Europe PC
Clawed n kicked my way through hell with
Tiger Strike
+
Dragon Tail
assy. The gal is lvl 89 atm, tz-ing around. No significant drop yet, but it's really a fresh way to play, unlike borin sorc/java/farmadin. Obtained phys n fire sunders, bought an early
Cham
for 2 ists, and rolled a decent Plague scratch - significantly more playable now 😎
The only annoyin thing (for me) left is damn
Mind Blast
my shadow is spammin. Thinkin about respeccin to a bit another way: same ts + dt martials, but addin LS and possibly DS for more xplosions. And optionally, infi for a merc when i farm up the necessary cash.
I thoroughly enjoy the aura killing paladins. Especially the fire/light hybrid and will make a pure fire on NL after S2 ends, thanks in full to
Flame Rift
, with ACTIII merc (yes, you read that correctly).

For that matter not a fan of tesladin as a phys/light hybrid. Everything and their mom in hell has some sort of phys resistance, that you can't get around, cutting dramatically your damage output.

Fire-light/fire paladins have hard
Cap
on how much damage they can do and skillers are wasted on them. Running on empty inventory is 🤌 *mwah*.

TL;DR Pure elemental damage paladins. Also no
Teleport
. Shakes things up a bit from the monotony. This is the way. Poor ladder starter lol (2
Jah
, 2
Sur
, 2
Lo
for fire/light or 3
Lo
Sur
for fire + whatever a 45-res shield costs).

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...