Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
38 replies   2966 views

Thoughts on Ladder Season 2

Poll ended at 1 year ago

1) Yeah this ladder sucks (46%)
2) Don't know what you're talking about, this ladder is super active (54%)
Total votes: 41
Total votes: 41

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Would that be Fire Druid ? :)
Oh god no.. ^^
Don't.

Relax and have fun!
There will be fewer players this ladder just because it's not no. 1. However I believe there is still a good number of players. Although, I didn't play ladder 1 so I'm not the best judge lol

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Oh god no.. ^^
Not another cold sorc, right ? Or at least a fun one like full
Frost Nova
?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I'd say it's a Paladin :D

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Nope and nope. Paladin was S1 :P
It's an Amazon then! :))

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
No, it's a sorc, Schnorki said it so in the DClone thread.
But something not feasible before...
Full fire sorc possibly with
Enchant
? Thunderstorm Immortal sorc ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Oh, a sorc, alright :D I wonder if a Blizz one will be able to do him. Guess I'll find out :D
Ladder Blizz sorc can kill uber so DClone is just easy.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
No, it's a sorc, Schnorki said it so in the DClone thread.
But something not feasible before...
Full fire sorc possibly with
Enchant
? Thunderstorm Immortal sorc ?
Someone paid attention.. :D Yes, it is. A rather warm one at that. :P

And yeah, a blizz sorc can easily knock out dclone even with 0 gear. Well, close to 0...get a throwing weap with PMH or build a quick Edge to stop his regen, then it gets easy.
Other specs...wreck him far harder but need gear to get going for it (-res to be exact).
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Much as I don't want to be the one defending blizzard
this is good logic there.
I would not risk starting over, after hoards of hours invested in gaining gear. this game takes ages(unless as said you're an avid 6-8 hours and up fan) to get really somewhere, so that's only logical people will be intimidated.

bottom line: i think ladder seasons shouldn't be that short like d3, which was for shorter span ppl.
I think each ladder should be like half a year.
saves them work too.
Exactly why 4 months? Legacy was always 6 months, why is the template for this game now forming around speedrunning? If you do it and like it fine but don't cram it down our throats......esp when your top ten is all Tas bot anyway go back to your damn charity marathons and leave this game alone lol ><

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
I have been doing the ladders since it allows my girlfriend an opportunity to start fresh with a class she's never done before, and with no twinked gear it makes learning the class better imo. We're a rare breed though, we literally go through every area of every zone and clear and kill everything.

For me, when I play solo, I'm getting the sunder charms, maybe the occasional anni, and then I'm out of S2.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
I have been doing the ladders since it allows my girlfriend an opportunity to start fresh with a class she's never done before, and with no twinked gear it makes learning the class better imo. We're a rare breed though, we literally go through every area of every zone and clear and kill everything.

For me, when I play solo, I'm getting the sunder charms, maybe the occasional anni, and then I'm out of S2.
The "all clear zone" is what I do as well :)
In non-ladder though, not enough time to do ladder, kids to handle (and wife does not play) :)

Annihilus
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
I only created a ladder character to take her to Hell and farm Sunder charms for my non-ladder folks. Once I get the ones I need, I'll just be killing DC whenever there is a walk. I do not intend to actually play one bit.
And yet another "same"

I don't like the idea of making a new Ladder attractive by such a subtle change like the sunders, compared to adding new content like new events or reworking some of the sucking RWs or Uniques, etc...

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
I wonder...

@Teebling, do you happen to have any numbers of ladder trades in early s1 as compared to now? It really does all feel quite "dead" by contrast. Both, in-game and here.

y2kid 109

PC
I wonder...

@Teebling, do you happen to have any numbers of ladder trades in early s1 as compared to now? It really does all feel quite "dead" by contrast. Both, in-game and here.
Big @schnorki still kicking! Good to see you are still in the community fam. I am also sorta back but not rly xD But this ladder is what made me come back so it is not all dead but yeah feels that it dies faster than the first one. Perhaps just the hype is over and the massive sunder blunder did not help

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
I wonder...

After 1 week of S1 I recall there being around 25K+ active trades at the time. Right now looks like around 16k. When the game launched it was 36k+ at one point.

I wouldn't use the marketplace here as a gauge for the game itself's activity levels though - all we can say from the numbers above is that there are less people on diablo2.io than before :)

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
I wonder...

After 1 week of S1 I recall there being around 25K+ active trades at the time. Right now looks like around 16k. When the game launched it was 36k+ at one point.

I wouldn't use the marketplace here as a gauge for the game itself's activity levels though - all we can say from the numbers above is that there are less people on diablo2.io than before :)
Ah, I do like numbers. :) Thanks mate.

I'd expect actual player number differences to be similar. At least the perceived difference in-game is about the same as it is here.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...