Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   5397 views

Description

Hey y’all, I’ve finally gathered all the necessary +gold find charms and got one of my characters to level 93, so imma take up gambling.

Here’s my laundry list of things I’m looking to get (in descending priority):
-Dual leach ring(s) with good secondary mods (my current ones suck),
-a throwing weapon that procs amp damage, has >275ed, and ias,
-2 20 circlets-diadems (seems gambling a griffon’s eye is more likely than finding one outside a town),
-the elusive tri-res, +walk/run, +mf
Boots

-

Has anyone had any luck gambling gg items? Are there any other items I should be looking for?

I’m ssf offline, so unfortunately I can’t trade for anything :(

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 539

Switch
Hey y’all, I’ve finally gathered all the necessary +gold find charms and got one of my characters to level 93, so imma take up gambling.

Here’s my laundry list of things I’m looking to get (in descending priority):
-Dual leach ring(s) with good secondary mods (my current ones suck),
-a throwing weapon that procs amp damage, has >275ed, and ias,
-2 20 circlets-diadems (seems gambling a griffon’s eye is more likely than finding one outside a town),
-the elusive tri-res, +walk/run, +mf
Boots

-

Has anyone had any luck gambling gg items? Are there any other items I should be looking for?

I’m ssf offline, so unfortunately I can’t trade for anything :(
I’ve gambled a 28 @res Mara’s, couple of 10 fcr rings with strength and multiple Res, couple of decent Tiaras/Circlets/Coronets. All SSF, give it a try bro just be patient. I’m also hoping for a Griffs 😝
I occasionally gamble, I've gotten some close to GG rare coronets/tiaras, but nothing noteworthy otherwise. Good luck

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If you're SSF, the only valuable thing is... what you need.

On my side, I have spent quite a lot on coronets and on rings. Was luckier with rings, but that does not mean anything.

If I were you, I'd simply take the weakest piece of my current build(s) and try to gamble on it my extra gold (on my side I gamble everything that remains on my personal stash as soon as my 3 shared are full).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
My only advice is to make an Edge and buy the cheapest
Gheed's Fortune
with -15% vendor prices you can find. The best I can remember gambling is
War Traveler
, after 80 million gold. Currently hoping for a Griffon's when I get gold back, but doing pindle runs mainly (I think that's more likely than gambling one).

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
80 million gold
how's that even possible with
Cap
of 10 million? you need like 70/4 chars=18 more chars just for hoarding cash.

is that what you did?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Deleted User 63530 0

rikus wrote: 1 year ago
80 million gold
Cap

is that what you did?
WHAT iks hard to believe here ? I spend for Gambling many more Gold without results almost...
1x pall 2/20fcr/all res
Coronet

1x mahims amulet (COOOOL!)
1x cathan amulet (my favorite!)
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
80 million gold
Cap

is that what you did?
Oh, nothing like that. I gambled for
Light Plated Boots
over a couple of weeks or more. Just, every time I filled up to the gold cap, I'd gamble 10 mil on boots, then load up on gold again, repeat.

This was a bliz sorc, so it may have taken a month actually. But with a GF barb, probably could've done that much in a couple of days; each trav run is like half a million or more, I've heard.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
(seems gambling a griffon’s eye is more likely than finding one outside a town)
I think this is pretty unlikely--maybe was more true before they fixed the
Coronet
gamble bug.

This is based on my personal experience, not actual measurements or stats, so take it with a grain of salt. I'll be generous and say a gambled
Coronet
results in a
Diadem
1 time in 20 (I think it's less than that, but for the sake of argument). The odds of a gambled item being unique is 1 in 2,000. This means your odds of gambling a
Griffon's Eye
might be in the realm of 1 in 40,000, assuming you only ever gamble coronets.

Gambled item prices scale by level. I'm going to use a level 85 example, since that's the cheapest realistic character I have (lowest level that could still gamble a
Griffon's Eye
).

At level 85, the base gamble price of a
Coronet
is 150,940 gold. Reduce by 30% through
Gheed's Fortune
and Edge, that's 105,658 gold per gamble. In 10.85 million gold (one full stash plus backpack), the raw number of gambles is 102, with 0.6 of a gamble left over. However, coronets tend to have high resale value--we'll be generous and say it averages to 30,000 gold reselling non-Griffon's back to the vendor. That extends your number of gambles per stash by (102 x 30,000) / 105,940 = 28.9. Leaving you with 102.6 + 28.9 = 131 effective gambles per stash, rounded down.

(40,000 gambles needed / 131 gambles per stash) = 303.8 stashes' worth of gold, or roughly 3 billion gold.

I don't know how long that would take, but a long time. I've heard a gold-find barb might make 500,000 gold per
Travincal
run. That'd be 2 runs per million, times a thousand per billion, times 3, or 6,000
Travincal
runs. Now,
Griffon's Eye
can't drop from the high council, but runes can. And with that many runs, I think you'd find enough runes to buy a Griffon's well before you gambled one.

Could be wrong. I don't know who has the patience to test it.

[edit]
Forgot your backpack gold. Reduces the overall calculation by ~300 million gold, or 600
Travincal
runs.

Deleted User 63530 0

Man thats cool calculations :) But sory you ABSOLUTLY COMPLETLE WRONG ! Your calculation dont make any sens ! Thats why:

I MUST GAMBLE SOMTHING SPECTACULLAR IN THIS GAME !!!!! Whats calculations ? Thats must be done ! ;)

Btw a gambled most of the time coronets/circlets. Meaby 10% of my Gambling was focused on amulets (when i have my crafting Obsession days ,but now im cured ! dont worry !).

My results dont exist to this moment. Once i get
Circlet
for my hammerdin to accept for some time... (+2/20/14all res + dont rember). But still not be spectacullar for me because without MF. :D
Now i have another one with MF but not gambled myself :'(

About amulets.... for crafting...
i get 1 or 2 cathans amulet.
and my best Mahims....

i add even few screenshots in past when i spendingtens of ists for gold only. (i try find one of them). I dont know how many only ISTs i spend for gold but i think that was somthing beetwen 50-70.... only ISTs. I take gold from other sources offcourse but dont have idea how many and from where and hwo....

Thats mean
calculations are wrong !
Im SURE i gamble somthing spectacullar. Thats SURE in 100%.
;)

Deleted User 63530 0

i dont lie ;) one of the screens i found. when i gambled for ISTS gold.
second best result from crafting i found on screens i have.... ofc i have better one now but that again give as a
100% SURE PROOF thats calculations dont have any value and that mission must be complete ,because world we all known can even stop exisist ! MAN ! DO YOU UNDRSTAND THAT ??? ;)

PS screens come from April 2022
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Man I’m sure the abc6 guy is really nice and has some good points, but I can tell English isn’t his(or her) first language...I just can’t understand what he’s getting at.

Yea so my barb has just under 1200 gold find, but I still only average like 250k per trav run... wa wa

Yea tracking during these runs I’ll pick up some runes, but I’m ssf, so no trading unfortunately.

I know the chance to find a griffons gambling is low, but it’s also super low from level 85 area running.
I got a highlords and a 29 Maras on back to back days of gambling on bnet. I know this is like 1 in 100,000 and the whole reason I was gambling was for these two amulets or for some crazy +2/10FCR/Str/Life whatever.

If you are gambling tri res
Boots
you should do so on a lower level character since it will increase your odds and the gamble will cost significantly less, causing your gold to go a lot farther.

Happy hunting!
Man I’m sure the abc6 guy is really nice and has some good points, but I can tell English isn’t his(or her) first language...I just can’t understand what he’s getting at.

Yea so my barb has just under 1200 gold find, but I still only average like 250k per trav run... wa wa

Yea tracking during these runs I’ll pick up some runes, but I’m ssf, so no trading unfortunately.

I know the chance to find a griffons gambling is low, but it’s also super low from level 85 area running.
If pure ssf, no trading, you're statistically more likely to get a drop from pindle runs than gambling--assuming 200 mf or so. It's a rough grind for sure, but better odds.

If you don't find one first, I'll let you know which happens faster for me. Probably 50 mill in on coronets, maybe 1000-ish runs on pindle.

Deleted User 63530 0

Im very happy for your opinion ,about my language. Offcourse you have right ! This is not my first language ! But because U are so extremlly merythoric i must tell you that im really nice is not truth. Im a extramlly mad psychotic scizofrenic junky psychopate.
I hope u know how many respect u give me when youj short my nickname. Yourf answer is extremlly game changer in my perspektive.
im sending regards in my primary langue Master:
bezczelny dupek i prymityw. jakby on zaczął gadać po polsku z błedami to bym, przynajmniej czesc zrozumial.
THX AGAIN !
"Psychopate" does indeed sound scary!

Deleted User 63530 0

knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
"Psychopate" does indeed sound scary!
AAAAAAAArrrrgggghHHhhh!!!!!....
Only a decent paladin
Coronet
. I've only gambled coronets hoping for a
Griffon's Eye
I think I've done 6 sessions so far (meaning I've spent 10 million coins) and have had no luck yet

Deleted User 63530 0

"Only a decent paladin
Coronet
. I've only gambled coronets hoping for a
Griffon's Eye
I think I've done 6 sessions so far (meaning I've spent 10 million coins) and have had no luck yet"

10 milion coins ? are You creazy ? 10 000 000 ??? TEN MILLIONS FOR GAMBLING ? ! YOU ARE INSANE !

I ask again here on forum. Before i did it no answers i get... Any of U peoples gambled Griffon in any patch ??? From 1.09 to modern D2R ?

TTTTTEEEEENNN MMMMIIIIILLLLIIIIOOOONNNSSSS ?????? YOU WANT SEND MY TO PSYCHIAtrIYTIC HOSPITAL ???

"No results YET !"

;)

AAAAArrrrrrghhhhhh !!!!!!!
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Przyjacielu, chcemy, aby to miejsce było przyjazne i kooperatywne. Zalecam zachowanie jednego tonu w całym poście dla jasności, np. Przyjazny. Myślę, że twoim zamiarem jest przyjazny sarkazm, ale może to być trochę obraźliwe – jestem pewien, że to niezamierzone.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation