diablo2.io is supported by ads
51 replies   6474 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
As already stated in the other topic: No, sunder charms are intentionally ladder only. And based on the RW turnaround after S1, I guess it'll stay that way...sadly.
By the way, for non-ladder players that would like one (or a couple) for next season :
- Do they still drop like candies or has this stopped ?
- if they do, what is the right way to do ? Build a ladder barb and hork every unique, even in normal ?

Thanks !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
By the way, for non-ladder players that would like one (or a couple) for next season :
- Do they still drop like candies or has this stopped ?
- if they do, what is the right way to do ? Build a ladder barb and hork every unique, even in normal ?

Thanks !
Sunder GC are still popular and should be very cheap in 1 month.
Just build a ladder char, you would able to buy some sunder GC for PG, PAmmy or socket quest.

Relax and have fun!
Probably question is if bug is still fix or should I invest several hours to build basic barb?
To be honest i mainly play NL but decided to start ladder to transfer sunder GC in 4 months. No there is big opoortunity to Have all quote quickly:)

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
It isn't bugged anymore, no.
The thing is, the bug was hotfixed without any action taken against those who abused the everliving crap out of it.

That means there's 2 things now happening:
1) Drops are fairly rare and anyone who wasn't around to abuse said bug basically gets a kick to the face by comparison.

2) Those who did abuse the hell out of it are currently sitting on in some cases multiple hundreds (if not more) of sunder charms each.

#2 specifically means that the normal expectation of "they start out expensive but get cheap as the season moves on because everyone only needs 1" may not apply anymore because it is now counteracted by "they're stupidly common and equally cheap now (I've literally seen them sold for
Sol
and
Tal
...) but once the initial bug-abuse stockpile is bought up, they go back to being rare and get equally more expensive".

Add in the fact that everyone who only wants to play non-ladder now (after the S1 switcheroo stupidity) has to expect that they'll never drop in NL, even after S2 is long gone, and that they hence all will have to start a ladder trading char to buy them, inflating the demand and hence pricing once again.. and ultimately, the actual price they may ever go back up to/down to/stay at within S2 remains anyone's guess.
The drop rate of Sunder charms is still high.
Once people get fully geared, there should be more Sunder charms on the market.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resur ... razy_high/

Relax and have fun!

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for the detailed analysis Schnorki and Mockingbirdreal !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago

As noted in an earlier post:
Would love to see the actual numbers somewhere. Personally, I've only seen a single one drop since the hotfix. But yeah..they better be high. Not only to offset that bugged idiocy but also because them being overly rare would rather defeat the stated purpose.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for the detailed analysis Schnorki and Mockingbirdreal !
I will level a summon druid soon (lazy build for leveling).
Add me if you want to join.

Relax and have fun!

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago

As noted in an earlier post:
Would love to see the actual numbers somewhere. Personally, I've only seen a single one drop since the hotfix. But yeah..they better be high. Not only to offset that bugged idiocy but also because them being overly rare would rather defeat the stated purpose.
Saw your comment post on what we believe they did with an educated guess.

1) How they fixed the first initial issue (highly probable) was moving the No Drop up to the Sunder TC. In the original 2.5 push with the additional 286 of TCEX Client-Side lines they had the NoDrop at the -Picks level. Which by the way, doesn't operate with - picks as it is always 0 No Drop.

2) After their claimed "QA"ing of 2.5 at Ladder, we believe they migrated the No Drop to the isolated Sunder TC. While this was good in thought, the oversight was the functional of
Find Item
having its own internal No Drop calculus thus ignoring their modifications and Horkers getting Sunders at will.

3) Now as to the point of "what did they hot fix" they most likely did migrate it underneath a grouped TC's. That, or they added Junk/Items to the Sunder carve out specifically so
Find Item
wouldn't be guaranteed to sequence directly into Sunder ONLY. But as you noted, truly anyones speculation at this point.

But until they decide to finally push (expose) it to Client-Side TCEX and or via an explicit update via Patch notes - not sure we will know.

Bottom line: They 100% are still obviously tinkering/fine-tuning the Sunder TC. There are cases of it still dropping far too frequently and then infrequently. Seems like almost Day over Day adjustments until they finally optimize it enough to a sweet spot.

Either way, they are already flooded - the pricing/market crashed for them, but we have a long-season ahead with or without Sunder.

Let's just hope that there is limited future shenanigans or oversights on this topic.

The thing is, the bug was hotfixed without any action taken against those who abused the everliving crap out of it.

1) Drops are fairly rare and anyone who wasn't around to abuse said bug basically gets a kick to the face by comparison.

2) Those who did abuse the hell out of it are currently sitting on in some cases multiple hundreds (if not more) of sunder charms each.

#2 specifically means that the normal expectation of "they start out expensive but get cheap as the season moves on because everyone only needs 1" may not apply anymore because it is now counteracted by "they're stupidly common and equally cheap now (I've literally seen them sold for
Sol
and
Tal
...) but once the initial bug-abuse stockpile is bought up, they go back to being rare and get equally more expensive".

Add in the fact that everyone who only wants to play non-ladder now (after the S1 switcheroo stupidity) has to expect that they'll never drop in NL, even after S2 is long gone, and that they hence all will have to start a ladder trading char to buy them, inflating the demand and hence pricing once again.. and ultimately, the actual price they may ever go back up to/down to/stay at within S2 remains anyone's guess.
I know this is a somewhat older post, but i have been out of the loop lately. What was the S1 switcheroo?

All Prices Negotiable :-)
I've been farming hell tz for days without a single sunder drop. I traded for the one I'm using, but rate seems pretty low to me.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Seamus McNugget wrote: 1 year ago

Sol
and
Tal

I know this is a somewhat older post, but i have been out of the loop lately. What was the S1 switcheroo?
Back when they first (and last, before end of S1) talked about it, Blizz stated that their then current plan was to make S1 runewords available to craft in non-ladder after S1 ends. Now, with 0 further comment beforehand and hence 0 heads up for anyone wanting one on NL, they've backpedaled on that and kept them as ladder-only after all.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation