Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   3591 views

Description

Hi all. The new ladder season starts with some changes, esp. sunder charms; i thought with the
Cold Rupture
sunder charm the incredible
Hurricane
druid would be a great / interesting build. So i was looking on the maxroll site to check the end game tier list.

What did i see, the
Hurricane
druid is still in the B-tier :(

Reading the guide it says: this build does not benefit much from the sunder charms. I was surprised. I thought a
Hurricane
druid build, using the runeword Doom (up to 60% cold penetration) would benefit extremly by the new cold-sunder charm.

I checked the character planner: with nightwing`s veil
Helm
(socked with 5/5 cold facet), Doom weapon, Spirit shield, Enigma mp-armor, arach
Belt
, torch + anni (+maybe some grand charms + 1 ele skiller) u reach
Hurricane
level 38+. This means
Hurricane
cold dmg up to 3.000 plus cold penetration 65% = cold dmg per second 5.000 and even more.

Plus: u get a
Holy Freeze
aura lvl 12, means all enemies are slowed down (maybe twice
Hurricane
/
Holy Freeze
).

Plus:
Tornado
5000 dmg per cast on top.

Do you think this build is worth the runes? What are your opinions?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all. The new ladder season starts with some changes, esp. sunder charms; i thought with the
Cold Rupture
sunder charm the incredible
Hurricane
druid would be a great / interesting build. So i was looking on the maxroll site to check the end game tier list.

What did i see, the
Hurricane
druid is still in the B-tier :(

Reading the guide it says: this build does not benefit much from the sunder charms. I was surprised. I thought a
Hurricane
druid build, using the runeword Doom (up to 60% cold penetration) would benefit extremly by the new cold-sunder charm.

I checked the character planner: with nightwing`s veil
Helm
(socked with 5/5 cold facet), Doom weapon, Spirit shield, Enigma mp-armor, arach
Belt
, torch + anni (+maybe some grand charms + 1 ele skiller) u reach
Hurricane
level 38+. This means
Hurricane
cold dmg up to 3.000 plus cold penetration 65% = cold dmg per second 5.000 and even more.

Plus: u get a
Holy Freeze
aura lvl 12, means all enemies are slowed down (maybe twice
Hurricane
/
Holy Freeze
).

Plus:
Tornado
5000 dmg per cast on top.

Do you think this build is worth the runes? What are your opinions?
Is it a Fun Build? Of course. Is it very effective and a fast farmer?, kinda depends on the area you want to try. Is it worth the runes and gear? Well, that’s up to you to find out. You can always trade them back. Don’t forget the new nerf to Sunder GC’s:
Conviction
Aura is 1/5 effective after the Sunder applies.
The build from maxroll is not the same as what you mentioned here.
There is no Doom nor nightwing with 5/5 facet.

I am doubt if that tier list did not take in account sunder charms or they really tested all thoses builds using sunder charms.

Relax and have fun!
@mockinbirdreal, there was a Tab under the “Build Variants” that said
Hurricane
Focused, including the gear OP said. Don’t know why they removed it.

Ravoc 123

PC
It shouldn't matter in what "tier" some build is classified; as long as you're having fun playing it. That's what games are all about, right? If that build appeals to you, then by all means go for it! And if it does end up failing for you, that gear can easily be repurposed for other builds.

Personally, I figure out my own builds and go with that, good or bad. I don't like prebuilds as you skip a whole aspect of the game; and often top tier cookie-cutter builds feel pointless if they bore you out after 5 minutes.
Hmm, I saw their setup for kicksin.
Just get the ideal but don't give anyone 100% trust.

Relax and have fun!
this Doom Wind druid is my
Teleport
champ. works just fine. with small modification can easily go for sunder cold charm.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/4l0106fc

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
My tornadostormer cleans cs very fast. Other areas can be tough though…
may I ask if anyone knows why
Bonehew
? I have 318
Eth
version as listed in link above. But why? Dmg is nice but thats all. Compare to other "good" weapons for merc they do a bit lower dmg but with better bonus for you.

If you running element I would still go with Infinity. Imho Infinity can be cheaper than perfect rolls listed above.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
it's Insight polearm on merc for mana.
Solar Creeper
also.
Infinity is not good choice for my build because of small mana pool, not good mana regen and already got - enemy cold res.
some porting and tornados and u r out of mana without Insight on merc and creeper.
the way it is set u r almost constantly full.

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
brgljez wrote: 1 year ago
Solar Creeper
also.
Infinity is not good choice for my build because of small mana pool, not good mana regen and already got - enemy cold res.
some porting and tornados and u r out of mana without Insight on merc and creeper.
Any reason to use 2Um,
Stormshield
and
Raven Frost
?
I don't see any reason for this build to go max res, blocking nor cannot be frozen

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
brgljez wrote: 1 year ago
Solar Creeper
also.
Any reason to use 2Um,
Stormshield
and
Raven Frost
?
I don't see any reason for this build to go max res, blocking nor cannot be frozen
the reason is, i like safe builds. nothing else

Image...ladder also
OP
Thanks for all your input. I think i will try the Doom -
Hurricane
build with the sunder charm this season...if my sorc finds some valuable items ;).

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
I'd go ahead and call it a 'fun' build, probably the most applicable descriptor.

It generally works, no question. Decently well actually. Performance wise it doesn't come close to many, many other things though. Also no question.

It is interesting though in that when the AoE does tick (kinda slow, hence the lack of overall performance), the damage it ticks for is high enough to put pretty much every regular mob into a recovery state. If you combine that with the freeze aura, it still does tick fast enough to put them back into it before it ends. As a result, you can literally stand in the middle of a hundred cows and not a single one will hit you, ever, because they go from recovery to recovery and never get a single swing off. Works up to roughly /players 3-4, depending on your exact loadout. Beyond that, their life pool tends to get them past the recovery threshold from
Hurricane

Given, with over 7k life yourself, 9.5k on your merc and like 13k on your 1pt wonder tank bear, you really don't need to worry about getting hit anyways...but hey. :)
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
It is interesting though in that when the AoE does tick (kinda slow, hence the lack of overall performance), the damage it ticks for is high enough to put pretty much every regular mob into a recovery state. If you combine that with the freeze aura, it still does tick fast enough to put them back into it before it ends. As a result, you can literally stand in the middle of a hundred cows and not a single one will hit you, ever, because they go from recovery to recovery and never get a single swing off. Works up to roughly /players 3-4, depending on your exact loadout. Beyond that, their life pool tends to get them past the recovery threshold from
Hurricane
Sorry, maybe it is because my english isn't good enough, but I didn't understand that. Can you please explain what you meant?

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Not sure what you miss, but :
- "tick" is whenever the aura applies its damage (every X seconds)
- "recovery state" is what you counter with FHR : the state where you can't do anything because you're hit too hard (sort of "
Stun
"). One can be put in recovery state when losing a significant chunk of life (is it more than 20% ? Not sure of the exact value, but the more the lifepool, the less often it happens, and the quicker the fhr the faster you leave that state).

Hope that clarifies.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
If you hit a monster hard enough, it gets put into "hit recovery". That means, that the monster can not attack you for a short amount of time. How hard you need to hit, is a percentage of the monster's maximum life.
Hurricane
deals enough damage to put all monsters in hit recovery. Once they have recovered from the hit, they are put into hit recovery again, because
Hurricane
is constantly dealing damage.

The /players command affects the monsters' life. The higher the player count, the more life they have. Because the "hit recovery" needs you to deal a percentage of the monster's life, if you set the player count too high, the monsters' life is too high to deal enough damage with
Hurricane

(hit recovery applies to players as well, you might have seen it on some equipment, e.g. Spirit)

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
I dont know... I did a Wind wolf build with a sunder, perf nightwing with perf facet, a
Monarch
shield with 4 perf facets(which I'm selling btw) and a -48 Doom, skillers and whatnot. The
Hurricane
did nothing worth writing home about. My Fury did all the work. Talking p8 here, p2-3 I'm it's very good(tried with lesser gear and it rocked).

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Hurricane
Sorry, maybe it is because my english isn't good enough, but I didn't understand that. Can you please explain what you meant?
The others already covered it fairly well I suppose but just to "translate" in full.. :)

D2:R has a hit recovery mechanic. What that means is that when you get hit hard enough by a single hit (1/12th of your max life), you get put into "hit recovery". In that state, you cannot do anything else as your character is basically busy "recovering from getting hit so hard". The base duration of this recovery state is variable, depending on class/merc/mob/... and can be lowered by "faster hit recovery" on gear. Some skills/abilities will also put the target into hit recovery without having to deal that much (or any) damage (e.g. assassin's
Mind Blast
or barbarian's
Leap
).

Since hit recovery caused by dmg is based on max life, the higher a target's life (i.e. the higher the player count in the case of random mobs), the harder it is to put them into hit recovery because your damage per hit equally needs to be higher to do so.

In this particular case, the observation was that
Hurricane
does tick for enough damage to still typically reliably get all normal mobs surrounding you into hit recovery (i.e. tick damage is high enough) and it ticks fast enough to where the 2nd tick puts them into hit recovery again before they ever really recovered from the 1st. As a result, most mobs this was tested on basically ended up being unable to attack you as everything within range of your
Hurricane
simply gets stuck in hit recovery until it dies.

This was caused in part simply by tick speed being "quick enough". And in part by having had the
Holy Freeze
aura as that slows down the attacks that would follow the hit recovery, giving you extra time to put them back into recovery before the attacks go through.

"Tick" refers to the damage done by
Hurricane
which happens in 0.8 second intervals (aka 'ticks').
So basically the
Hurricane
dmg needs to be rather high, the monster not cold immune and in the best case scenario you get support from the
Holy Freeze
aura on your merc?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation