Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   349 views

Description

Buyer makes on offer.
Seller accepts it, no later offers are taken.
Buyer disappears or takes offer back (already got item).

Another scenario:
Seller posts an offer. Buyer accepts. Seller can't deliver (already sold or never had an item).

I've seen lots of topics with such results. No '- trust' feature?
Description by subaridji

Can be used to make Runewords:

Buyer makes on offer.
Seller accepts it, no later offers are taken.
Buyer disappears or takes offer back (already got item).

Another scenario:
Seller posts an offer. Buyer accepts. Seller can't deliver (already sold or never had an item).

I've seen lots of topics with such results. No '- trust' feature?
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
From the rules:
Trades are not completed until items have been exchanged. This is not an auction site and no commitments are made in either direction until a trade actually takes place in-game.
Trust therefore should only be exchanged after the items have swapped hands in-game.

All trades\offers are closed within 24H (UTC +3). Make an offer if you can accept delivery in that time.
No PM trading, leave a comment in trade only pls. Pls post a link to trade after adding me in BNet.
But there is no official "accept offer" on the site.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3341Moderator

PC
Even if there was an "accept offer", how would you define the standards that must be adhered to?

For example, say I make a trade post. You make an offer in said post. I quote you and go "accepted". I then go on vacation over a long weekend before you are next online. I come back to find that you've withdrawn your offer because you traded with someone else (as most people would in that case - nothing wrong with that).

You get to say my trust should go down because I disappeared for a few days.
I get to say your trust should go down because you withdrew your offer within what should've been a perfectly reasonable timeframe to wait because who doesn't take off for a long weekend? Besides, I was there and available for a few hours after accepting, before taking off for the weekend, while you were still asleep.
And so on and so forth.

Real-life emergencies.
Lack of overlapping play times.
Finding what you're after in-game after having submitted a bid.
Bidding on multiple items and having multiple offers accepted while you were asleep.
There's countless valid reasons as to why an offer becomes null and gets withdrawn I dare say, even if there was an official "accept offer".

Plus a core Principle of the trust system is that it goes both ways. I can say you bought from me and give you trust. You can say you bought from me and give me trust only after I indicated that you did indeed buy from me. -trust on the other hand would inherently be completely one-sided as noone would realistically go "yeah, my trust should go down" to confirm your claim.

Mind you, I kinda like the theoretical idea of a -trust system (albeit more for actual scammers/cheaters/...) but I honestly can't imagine a good way of implementing it. Mainly because the actual trading and hence a large chunk of the communication (real or made up/staged for abuse) cannot happen on this site but happens in-game. As a result, you can really only offer out-of-platform proof (if any at all) which is open to all sorts of doctoring, can be taken out of context, needs massive effort from mods to (fairly) evaluate and so on and so forth. Plus you're basically forcing everyone to record a video of every trade they do, just to protect themselves from some ahole going "ZOMG I NO LIKE U! -TRUST!".

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Teebling 6222Admin

Europe PC
From the rules:
Trades are not completed until items have been exchanged. This is not an auction site and no commitments are made in either direction until a trade actually takes place in-game.
Trust therefore should only be exchanged after the items have swapped hands in-game.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Only purpose for negative trust on d2io's platform, in my view, is scammers.

[edit-ish]Looks like Schnorki said similar. But in that situation, -trust isn't a great remedy. Unless upvotes and downvotes are always kept distinct, and that could be abused, and then it's a mess.

tl;dr: i think the current system works well, and i've been "burned" (so to speak) as a seller multiple times--op's scenario #1. I'm always just happy folks got what they're looking for.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
Guys, I got it.
Currently trust in fact displays the amount of confirmed trades but looks like 'Reputation', which is not.
I mean there's no sence in Trust amount while making a decision - to trust someone or not. New users have low trade counter, which doesn't mean they can't be trusted. Then what's the meaning of the whole functionality?

Maybe renaming Trust into Trades will make it less confusive?

All trades\offers are closed within 24H (UTC +3). Make an offer if you can accept delivery in that time.
No PM trading, leave a comment in trade only pls. Pls post a link to trade after adding me in BNet.

Schnorki 3341Moderator

PC
I would argue trust is just that.

The point is that you had x people confirm not only that they did trade but that they traded "fairly".

For example, if I trade with someone Brand new here with 1-2 trust whom noone knows, everything will be neatly dragged into the trade window. Whereas I've done countless trades with more trusted or "established" folks at say 200+ or the like where we just regularly drop stuff on the Ground to make it faster, without thinking twice about it. If someone has done hundreds of confirmed fair and successful trades (and has hence most likely traded quite a few HRs worth of stuff repeatedly in total), the odds of them trying to cheat you out of say a
Vex
worth of stuff (arbitrary value) and risk their reputation in doing so are fairly low. If someone has only done like 1-2 trades (or none at all) though, you simply don't know. It doesn't mean they can't be trusted..it merely means you don't have any basis for judging that yet.

Personal experience very much matches that. I've never had problems with high trust folks here whereas some at single digit or no trust very much did make things overly complicated or flat out tried to scam me.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...